FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Enlarged prostate

Enlarged prostate

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *urvywelsh OP   Couple  over a year ago

Everywhere and nowhere baby

My Mr has been told by our GP that he has an enlarged prostate. He's had blood tests, still waiting for results. Had ultrasound yesterday (Saturday).should get results tomorrow.

He's worried sick that there is something more sinister going on. He had a testicle removed 23 years ago due to cancer.

I don't know what to do, or what to say to him. He knows I'm there for him, no matter what, but I just don't know how to BE. I've tried reassuring him, but he's just moping around.

Has anyone else been in this situation?

He's a natural born worrier, and I'm a positive person.

Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks for reading.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Hugs

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Check your inbox

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

No point saying don’t worry because he will, naturally but I hope all is ok for you both

Hugs x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hugs. It can be nothing but it's natural that he won't stop worrying until he has results all you can do is is what your already doing and be there for him x

Just be there for him and let him deal with it in his own way.

I sincerely hope the results will be good news.

Thank you x

By *illionsandbillionsMan  over a year ago

Gwent

First of all hope everything turns out ok for him...secondly tell him to start taking saw palmetto 1000mg a day whatever the outcome..tell him to start asap..all the best to you both x

Thank you for your replies.

It's natural to worry I know. He's nearly 60 so enlarged is quite common for his age group. I've asked him to not shut me out. He's keeping himself busy, but I know he's fretting.

By *ife to play withCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

All I can tell you, deep breath it's not as bad as you are thinking. I the Hub's have had an enlarged prostate for the last 6 years a few little things that are annoying more than anything else.

But hopefully it'll be just something to live with. The only really annoying thing I live with is the 3 o clock toilet visit.

"Thank you for your replies.

It's natural to worry I know. He's nearly 60 so enlarged is quite common for his age group. I've asked him to not shut me out. He's keeping himself busy, but I know he's fretting. "

Some people have to shut others out to cope though. I know it's difficult but you have to put his feelings first at the moment. He will know you're there for him. Big hugs.

It's natural to worry I know. He's nearly 60 so enlarged is quite common for his age group. I've asked him to not shut me out. He's keeping himself busy, but I know he's fretting.

Some people have to shut others out to cope though. I know it's difficult but you have to put his feelings first at the moment. He will know you're there for him. Big hugs."

His feelings will always come first for me. He looked after me when I had a stroke 2 years ago, and I need to do the same for him. I will take things at his pace, and just be there. Always. X

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Some people have to shut others out to cope though. I know it's difficult but you have to put his feelings first at the moment. He will know you're there for him. Big hugs."

This is very true. He has to get his head round it before he can help you get yours round it

[Removed by poster at 22/07/18 21:08:34]

Some people have to shut others out to cope though. I know it's difficult but you have to put his feelings first at the moment. He will know you're there for him. Big hugs.

This is very true. He has to get his head round it before he can help you get yours round it "

I'll take things at his pace, and just be there x

By *mileyculturebelfastMan  over a year ago

belfast

I've got the same. More annoying Tha anything else. Slow motion peeing being one if the issues. Apart from that its ok unless it flares up and gets infected. When it flares up I get very tired.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

40% of men over 40 have an enlarged prostate. I was diagnosed earlier this year. Symptoms are slow to pee, the urgent need to pee and the occasional ‘leak’.

All manageable of course. Hope he’s ok.

I have an appointment tomorrow at Addenbrookes with a urologist.

» Add a new message to this topic