FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Poldark

Poldark

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ensuallover1000 OP   Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Fellow fans unite here!

It has something for everyone surely; Aiden Turner takes off his shirt regularly for the ladies whilst we chaps can salivate over the lovely Demelza’s heaving cleavage.

Add a delightfully hissable villain in George Warleggan and there’s even a hook handed yokel who speaks in such a broad accent that it’s virtually impossible to understand a word he utters(!)

There’s romance and action aplenty and did I mention Demelza’s cleavage?

So....who else here is an addict?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I am, but not for those reasons. It's perfect Sunday night telly for me.

I've long been a Turner fan.

I think George Warleggan is a very sad character, doomed to always be disappointed because his chip grows ever larger in each episode.

By *palWoman  over a year ago

The Bermuda Triangle in Suffolk

Me, I also watched the original series and loved that.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Meeee... my favourite Sunday evening viewing..

"Me, I also watched the original series and loved that. "

Me too.

Yep I love it. But the original series was probably more important for me. I had a massive older woman crush on Angharad Rees

Me! I’m getting anxious as to the Morwenna and Drake storyline!!

"Me! I’m getting anxious as to the Morwenna and Drake storyline!! "

Me too, I have a feeling it won’t end well.

By *a Fee VerteWoman  over a year ago

Limbo

I love it, though think Aidan Turner looked more attractive in Being Human tbh. George Warleggan is actually quite a comedic character, even when he's being a complete bastard. The interaction between him and Aunt Agatha was hilarious. Am jealous of Demelza's beautiful red hair (am happy with my own pair of heaving bosoms) and aspire to be as elegant and as exquisitely dressed as Caroline is. But the real star of the show for me is the Cornish scenery and deserted beaches. Ideal Sunday night viewing

I do also remember the original back in the day but kind of dismissed it as something boring my parents watched. The new series is far more bodice ripping!

"Me! I’m getting anxious as to the Morwenna and Drake storyline!!

Me too, I have a feeling it won’t end well. "

Me neither

"I love it, though think Aidan Turner looked more attractive in Being Human tbh. George Warleggan is actually quite a comedic character, even when he's being a complete bastard. The interaction between him and Aunt Agatha was hilarious. Am jealous of Demelza's beautiful red hair (am happy with my own pair of heaving bosoms) and aspire to be as elegant and as exquisitely dressed as Caroline is. But the real star of the show for me is the Cornish scenery and deserted beaches. Ideal Sunday night viewing

I do also remember the original back in the day but kind of dismissed it as something boring my parents watched. The new series is far more bodice ripping! "

I agree about the Cornish Scenery. I always want to go to the coast when I watch it.

By *a Fee VerteWoman  over a year ago

Limbo

"I love it, though think Aidan Turner looked more attractive in Being Human tbh. George Warleggan is actually quite a comedic character, even when he's being a complete bastard. The interaction between him and Aunt Agatha was hilarious. Am jealous of Demelza's beautiful red hair (am happy with my own pair of heaving bosoms) and aspire to be as elegant and as exquisitely dressed as Caroline is. But the real star of the show for me is the Cornish scenery and deserted beaches. Ideal Sunday night viewing

I do also remember the original back in the day but kind of dismissed it as something boring my parents watched. The new series is far more bodice ripping!

I agree about the Cornish Scenery. I always want to go to the coast when I watch it. "

Yeah, Cornwall's never looked quite like that whenever I've been (obviously to all the wrong places ) but I feel the same as you

By *ornCouple  over a year ago

Sedgemoor

I was, but I am getting fed up with the politics. There'e enough in real life without adding 18th century problems as well.

I agree about the scenery though. It's a few years since I spent any time in Cornwall, but I know those views

Somewhere In The Ether…

I actually feel a little sorry for George; There does seem to be some good in him (his love of his family).

His uncle however.....now he’s a complete bastard.

Is it just me or is Prudie a bit on the naughty looking side to?

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Why won't Morwenna marry the cute guy if the vicar is dead?

By *ame-room-no-swapCouple  over a year ago

Taunton

Demelza's breasts seem to increase in size with each episode

Somewhere In The Ether…

"Why won't Morwenna marry the cute guy if the vicar is dead?"

I think that as she’s expecting the late repulsive vicars child, she feels inwardly tainted and undeserving of Drake’s affections.

Somewhere In The Ether…

"Demelza's breasts seem to increase in size with each episode "

Amen!

"Why won't Morwenna marry the cute guy if the vicar is dead?

I think that as she’s expecting the late repulsive vicars child, she feels inwardly tainted and undeserving of Drake’s affections. "

She miscarried last week and explained that she can't bear for anyone to touch her. She is carrying the shame of his abuse. It's not unusual.

Somewhere In The Ether…

I shall miss Poldark

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"I shall miss Poldark "

It's so overly melodramatic lol!

Somewhere In The Ether…

"I shall miss Poldark

It's so overly melodramatic lol!"

It’s all part of the charm; Even a stroll along the beach is ripe for melodramatic milking in the show. I guess this was true to life back in the times......they never even had WiFi after all

I think they must film all the galloping along the cliff edge scenes on one day.

Penberth beach is a beautiful part of cornwall I know they were filming there on the first series

Love it down there

Somewhere In The Ether…

"I think they must film all the galloping along the cliff edge scenes on one day.

"

And all the (many) scenes featuring protagonists staring out to sea whilst in deep thought to

Somewhere In The Ether…

"Penberth beach is a beautiful part of cornwall I know they were filming there on the first series

Love it down there "

Cornwall is a truly lovely place; I long to visit there again soon (and obviously pick up some Poldark merchandise whilst I’m there to tide me over until the next series arrives)

My Sunday evenings won't be the same for a while

"Fellow fans unite here!

It has something for everyone surely; Aiden Turner takes off his shirt regularly for the ladies whilst we chaps can salivate over the lovely Demelza’s heaving cleavage.

Add a delightfully hissable villain in George Warleggan and there’s even a hook handed yokel who speaks in such a broad accent that it’s virtually impossible to understand a word he utters(!)

So....who else here is an addict? "

Demelza doesn't show much cleavage - the costume flattens what little bust she has.

Somewhere In The Ether…

"My Sunday evenings won't be the same for a while "

I feel your pain; Rest assured though, Ross will return!

Somewhere In The Ether…

"Fellow fans unite here!

Demelza doesn't show much cleavage - the costume flattens what little bust she has. "

It’s like a ‘Wonder Corset’ of sorts

They've got the brilliantly bonkers Florence Foster Jenkins film next week, in the drama slot. The adverts for the new dramas are already on and we haven't even started August yet.

"Fellow fans unite here!

Demelza doesn't show much cleavage - the costume flattens what little bust she has.

It’s like a ‘Wonder Corset’ of sorts "

I tried on a similar outfit once. I was almost entirely bosom and I could barely breathe.

Somewhere In The Ether…

"They've got the brilliantly bonkers Florence Foster Jenkins film next week, in the drama slot. The adverts for the new dramas are already on and we haven't even started August yet.

"

I can’t wait for the Downton Abbey movie which is apparently commencing filming very soon (I love my period dramas as you may have guessed)

I’m quite enjoying Picnic At Hanging Rock at the moment to although it isn’t a patch on Peter Weirs classic film of the same title

"They've got the brilliantly bonkers Florence Foster Jenkins film next week, in the drama slot. The adverts for the new dramas are already on and we haven't even started August yet.

I can’t wait for the Downton Abbey movie which is apparently commencing filming very soon (I love my period dramas as you may have guessed)

I’m quite enjoying Picnic At Hanging Rock at the moment to although it isn’t a patch on Peter Weirs classic film of the same title "

I've been recording Picnic at Hanging Rock for the August drought.

I can confirm that Downtown is going ahead.

It was a good episode tonight.

» Add a new message to this topic