FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Have you heard of this before

Have you heard of this before

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *pal OP   Woman  over a year ago

The Bermuda Triangle in Suffolk

An aura migraine?

Not me until last night after an emergency visit to hospital taking a family member. Symptoms so similar to a heart attack partial paralysis on one side but lasting less than a minute but we're becoming more regular. Very scary place to be so wondered if anyone has this and have found what their triggers were. I think it might be stress related.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Anyone?

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

My cousin has them, not so much the paralysis, but she does get weak, dizzy and tingling fingers along side the vision problems. Don't think she knows what triggers them, as she gets them very rarely.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

Similar to a stroke. The varying types of vision loss are frightening as is the dysphasia and temporary degrees of paralysis.

Many people don’t ever find out their triggers.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I get the paralysis down my entire left side. Had these for years. Look like i have had a stroke as my face drops. First time i had one the GP thought i had had a stroke at 23 year old. Obvs i hadnt it was migraine.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I did a first aid course today and auras were mentioned - it’s a sign of a diabetic fit, I think.

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

There are differeng types of migraine.

Migrainedotorgdotuk

Xx

Brighton - even Hove!

Electrical disturbances in the brain anyway.

London

"I did a first aid course today and auras were mentioned - it’s a sign of a diabetic fit, I think. "

Diabetics don’t fit unless they have epilepsy too.

There are some weird behaviours of some diabetics on insulin when their blood sugar drops to dangerous levels though.

By *irthandgirthMan  over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

I think the closest i get to these symptoms is when i have to deal with the ex wife.. I can feel my soul weeping every time I get a message from her

Brighton - even Hove!

"I did a first aid course today and auras were mentioned - it’s a sign of a diabetic fit, I think.

There are some weird behaviours of some diabetics on insulin when their blood sugar drops to dangerous levels though. "

I meant epilepsy - it was all together

I do. Very scary but they pass

By *irthandgirthMan  over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

"I did a first aid course today and auras were mentioned - it’s a sign of a diabetic fit, I think.

There are some weird behaviours of some diabetics on insulin when their blood sugar drops to dangerous levels though. "

I'm sure a lady I work with is on her way to becoming diabetic. Her diet consists primarily of caffeine and sugar. Yesterday she complained of feeling dizzy and sick. Then she said her breakfast was 2 coffees and a large blueberry muffin!

These were becoming more regular and had 3 episodes in hospital and 2 earlier in the day, gp said get to a&e. Needs an MRI scan and a neurology referral. Brain is already wired differently due to being on autistic spectrum, so yes it is a scary place to be.

Brighton - even Hove!

Is the person able to say when an episode is going to happen? You can at least then keep the person safe. Time the episode too - anything over 5 mins get the person to the hospital.

London

"Is the person able to say when an episode is going to happen? You can at least then keep the person safe. Time the episode too - anything over 5 mins get the person to the hospital. "

That’s epilepsy, not migraine! Migraines can go on for days.

By *an_LexaCouple  over a year ago

Sunderland

I’m currently having one of these types of migraines. The symptoms all cycle round for weeks. It’s like neurological fireworks

Sorry to hear that.

By *olchesterGuy1984Man  over a year ago

Colchester

I get them; had 11 this month after having none for a couple of years!

"I get them; had 11 this month after having none for a couple of years!"
Is this a migraine or an aura migraine?

I experience migraine with aura. The aura lasts about 10-15 minutes and the pain starts within 30-60 minutes. This gives me enough time to medicate and reduces the duration and severity of the migraine. If i don't medicate within that warning time i suffer immensely.

I'm grateful for the aura. They are like little worms of light in my vision on my eyeballs so to speak.

By *eejay2015Woman  over a year ago

somewhere in Buckinghamshire

To me, the aura is the sense i get before a migraine ie a funny smell, taste or sensation particularly around one eye.

By *olchesterGuy1984Man  over a year ago

Colchester

"Is this a migraine or an aura migraine?"

I get both, but aura ones occur more often. Numbness on one side, flashing lights, loss of vision, inability to talk or spell, etc.

The aura is a warning of an impending migraine..

I used to get them a lot before i started wearing glasses..

Never had the numbness but did see flashing lights

Have any of you had an MRI scan or referral to a neurologist because of this? He gets a stinging sensation behind left eye and has worn glasses for years. Can you legally drive if you have this aura migraine?

I had 1 as a teenager, and thankfully never had 1 since. Sat in school my vision went, my speech slurred, difficulty moving my arm and leg, not fun at all. I hope they feel better soon.

I have these. Its rare, as I usually get cluster migraines, but get these during a bad episode. My triggers are strange. Standard is heat, stress, and tiredness. My more unusual trigger is the smell of raw onion.

(Basically when you get a migraine, you can usually smell something. For me, its raw onion. So now I cant go near it)

"I have these. Its rare, as I usually get cluster migraines, but get these during a bad episode. My triggers are strange. Standard is heat, stress, and tiredness. My more unusual trigger is the smell of raw onion.

(Basically when you get a migraine, you can usually smell something. For me, its raw onion. So now I cant go near it)"

I don't smell anything.

"I have these. Its rare, as I usually get cluster migraines, but get these during a bad episode. My triggers are strange. Standard is heat, stress, and tiredness. My more unusual trigger is the smell of raw onion.

(Basically when you get a migraine, you can usually smell something. For me, its raw onion. So now I cant go near it)

I don't smell anything."

Oddly enough a perfume triggered my first attack - i got tunnel vision instead of my worms (flashing lights is another sensation).

Hormones in two of my pregnancies was a trigger too. Since then studying has increased them, but they are still rare.

I was diagnosed with this 4 years ago, on medication now so I don't get the migraines as such, Still have the blackouts/ power cuts I call them. Not a nice feeling at all.

Hope you get sorted asap OP.

Jo.X

I don't smell anything.

Oddly enough a perfume triggered my first attack - i got tunnel vision instead of my worms (flashing lights is another sensation).

Hormones in two of my pregnancies was a trigger too. Since then studying has increased them, but they are still rare."

When I was in my GCSEs, I used to get them every single day. Missed a lot of school because I was pretty much bed bound. If I stood up, I would either faint or throw up. You may think you dont smell something but when you think about it, you realise. Thats how we worked out with mine.

"I was diagnosed with this 4 years ago, on medication now so I don't get the migraines as such, Still have the blackouts/ power cuts I call them. Not a nice feeling at all.

Jo.X "

Thank you but it's not me that gets them but a close family member. I have been calling them episodes but perhaps attack is more appropriate as they come on without warning very quickly and go away in about a minute. He does wear glasses but my concern is it doing any damage to the eye?

"I was diagnosed with this 4 years ago, on medication now so I don't get the migraines as such, Still have the blackouts/ power cuts I call them. Not a nice feeling at all.

Jo.X

Thank you but it's not me that gets them but a close family member. I have been calling them episodes but perhaps attack is more appropriate as they come on without warning very quickly and go away in about a minute. He does wear glasses but my concern is it doing any damage to the eye?"

Oh I'm sorry, From my understanding , my treatment, I was sent for a normal eye test , then MRI, then more intensive eye tests,

Every time an (episode) happens record everything on paper even video if you can, and take this info to the Neaurologist, Medication can help if diagnosed correctly.X

I don't smell anything.

Hormones in two of my pregnancies was a trigger too. Since then studying has increased them, but they are still rare.

When I was in my GCSEs, I used to get them every single day. Missed a lot of school because I was pretty much bed bound. If I stood up, I would either faint or throw up. You may think you dont smell something but when you think about it, you realise. Thats how we worked out with mine. "

Nope never had that. Not all migraine sufferers have the same symptoms.

By *an_LexaCouple  over a year ago

Sunderland

I can’t pinpoint any triggers specifically with mine.

I’ve had an MRI, scans show everything is clear, bloods show everything is clear. I take medication everyday but I do still get migraines. I get a classic migraine without aura - rolling around the floor, throwing up constantly for about 12hrs non stop. Maybe 3/4 times a year.

But the type you’re describing are more regular and don’t always have a headache, just aura symptoms and sometimes last 3/4 weeks. They’re exhausting

Never heard of them to be honest, but it sounds hideous.

I see epilepsy mentioned above, I had 4 Grand Mal seizures in my teens, I knew when it was coming but there was no aura.

I've suffered from migraines for years, I get a visual aura when one is on the way, is that the same?

I've had a few cluster migraines before too, and they are hands down, the most intense pain I have experienced.

Strong perfumes give me an aura...

I always carry the 2 types of Migraleve.

If i can i drive home and then take meds as they ate not safe for driving.

Also.have sunglasses everywhere.....

» Add a new message to this topic