FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Are the forums....

Are the forums....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Welcoming to new people, especially single men?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *lkDomWhtSubBiCpleCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere / Everywhere /Kinksville

I’m not really given by this mantra “ if that was a woman posting it....”

I answer threads for what they are, not who they are.

So if single guys post well why wouldn’t they be welcomed? If they moan and talk bollocks entirely different.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I’m not really given by this mantra “ if that was a woman posting it....”

So if single guys post well why wouldn’t they be welcomed? If they moan and talk bollocks entirely different."

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

So if single guys post well why wouldn’t they be welcomed? If they moan and talk bollocks entirely different."

I agree.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Depends how hot they are....

By *ifty grades of shadyCouple  over a year ago

Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

Play the ball not the man (or woman or couples of any persuasion)

Good respectful posts get good responses imho

Being fairly new to the site, i have found the forums both welcoming and entertaining.

If you moan and winge you get called out - perfect. If you contribute, you are embraced (unfortunately only virtually)

Posting on the forum is a good way of introducing yourself.

By all means.

It's all about how much you put into it.

Like everything else.

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

"Welcoming to new people, especially single men?

"

Yes

By *iscean MaleMan  over a year ago

Darlaston

Sure is. We were all new at one point. Good luck mucka

By *uciyassMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Come on in and give it a whirl. If you are respectful and don’t act the twat your as welcome as the next person

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I think the forums are generally very welcoming of all new members as long as said members abide by certain initial, respectful etiquette.

After a few posts though, anything goes

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Couldn't have put it better

As I don't want to fuck either, I'll treat them the same way. Nice penis op.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"

What prompts the question? Has your experience been poor?

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

Yes. But like anything you have to put the time in.

I find the forums welcoming. Met some lovely people by posting in here! Just be generally chatty and it's fine!

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

No not always in my opinion.

"As I don't want to fuck either, I'll treat them the same way. Nice penis op. "

I like OP's Canterbury tail too.

"

Hello!

By *irty Flirty HarryMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

"

Let's put this to the test

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What prompts the question? Has your experience been poor?"

We've been on fab a few years now and dip in and out of the forums. The prompt for the question is that actually I don't think it is welcoming.

There always used to be talk of the clique and such like. Whilst I don't think there is one as such, many times I see newbies frozen out of threads whilst everyone tail chases.

I also see a lot of new guys getting ripped to shreds, goaded or generally treated like shit whilst the 'in vogue' guys score cheap points off them. Its like school boys digging at the new boy to impress the girls.

As a result, I imagine many who come onto the forums don't stay beyond one or two posts. Some will leave the site, others won't bother contributing. Either way, the forum becomes stale.

We've been on fab a few years now and dip in and out of the forums. The prompt for the question is that actually I don't think it is welcoming.

There always used to be talk of the clique and such like. Whilst I don't think there is one as such, many times I see newbies frozen out of threads whilst everyone tail chases.

I also see a lot of new guys getting ripped to shreds, goaded or generally treated like shit whilst the 'in vogue' guys score cheap points off them. Its like school boys digging at the new boy to impress the girls.

As a result, I imagine many who come onto the forums don't stay beyond one or two posts. Some will leave the site, others won't bother contributing. Either way, the forum becomes stale.

"

To be absolutely fair regarding single guys getting ripped to shreds - it does happen but only usually when they've asked for it with the sort of thread like the one this morning titled "some guys have all the fun" where the poster refused to accept the valid points being made and dug himself a deeper and deeper hole with his responses and actions in the thread.

As for being frozen out of threads, or completely ignored - it happens but usually because a thread is so fast moving that individual posts get overlooked, or simply because there's no response to be made, or n9thing to add, to what the poster has said - and it happens to everyone not only newbies - certainly happens to me a lot,and I just accept it as part and parcel of forum life.

There's also the fact that people that have got to know each other over a period of time (albeit as on-line personas mostly) will gravitate towards one another naturally - but usually if a newbie keeps plugging away they'll get noticed and accepted too.

Sure you have to develop a slightly thick skin and be prepared to stick at it - but personally I find the forums can be a fun and informative place to be, not to mention a great way of getting to know people.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Let's put this to the test "

Welcome

East Sussex

Welcome "

Thank you princess x

Welcome

Thank you princess x"

Stop stealing all the women !

Yes as long as there not wittering on im happy to have a laugh with newbies

East Sussex

Welcome

Thank you princess x

Stop stealing all the women ! "

Lol if only I could

"

I agree.

East Sussex

[Removed by poster at 19/07/18 16:00:38]

"No not always in my opinion."
i agree

"

True that can happen but there are also others that try hard to be welcoming to new folks, give their time and energy to helping them. I do think that to survive on Fab in general you have to have a thick skin, rejection and being ignored is part of the Fab world. If people can’t deal with that then perhaps it won’t work for them.

By *igT 007Man  over a year ago

stevenage

[Removed by poster at 19/07/18 16:37:21]

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Where would you like me?

Yes.

But it can be touch and go for pricks.

Absolutely this!

I’ve had SM profiles 3 times and each time used the forums, each time I was made to feel welcome. As with so many aspects in life; it’s about how you approach things.

If you come in with an air of negativity or try to put on a big show then generally you’ll be given very short shrift"

Do you not think you may have been made to feel welcome because you're vaguely attractive and have alright conversational skills? I've seen single males who don't get the quims quivering get a bit of a shitty ride quite a few times for there not to be something in that (they haven't been negative etc for clarity).

stevenage

"No not always in my opinion."

I agree

I have posted in many forums and get looked over as if I'm not there at all

"No not always in my opinion.

I agree

I have posted in many forums and get looked over as if I'm not there at all "

its just one big circle-jerk mostly

There's less communication between posters than there is on many other forums, that takes a bit of getting used to especially if you hate feeling ignored

"

noooooo in fact rarely do their comments get quoted

stevenage

noooooo in fact rarely do their comments get quoted "

Not always. Quite often new single men get the piss taken out of them for asking a question. And yes, a woman can ask a similar question and not get the same treatment.

It's as if women are so fragile that they can't be treated the same as the men.

stevenage

"Not always. Quite often new single men get the piss taken out of them for asking a question. And yes, a woman can ask a similar question and not get the same treatment.

It's as if women are so fragile that they can't be treated the same as the men. "

Or just have there post ignored

Yes.

But it can be touch and go for pricks.

Absolutely this!

I’ve had SM profiles 3 times and each time used the forums, each time I was made to feel welcome. As with so many aspects in life; it’s about how you approach things.

If you come in with an air of negativity or try to put on a big show then generally you’ll be given very short shrift"

Why though? Do people not like confident men? The negativity coming from women's profiles is noticeable, on a daily basis.

They're usually complaining about single men and their threads do very well.

"Not always. Quite often new single men get the piss taken out of them for asking a question. And yes, a woman can ask a similar question and not get the same treatment.

Or just have there post ignored "

Unless they make a spelling or grammar mistake

The forums have no real impact on whether you are a single male. They are just a platform for expressing certain views , advise, and shag or avoid posts

stevenage

Unless they make a spelling or

grammar mistake "

So what if thay have Learning difficulties and are dyslexic I don't know if I have spelt that right coz that's what I have

I would hope so. I think if someone posts regularly, they can become a familiar face very quickly

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

I’d consider myself fairly new to the forums ,, say the last 3 months or so . I’ve found the forums generally friendly .

With the majority dedicated to fun and lighthearted debate . I have noted in particular two or three forumites that constantly quote statistics and have a contradictory response to anyone and everything . But quite frankly ,, and seriously who gives a shit ,,,each to their own and the pettiness they often display !!

"Not always. Quite often new single men get the piss taken out of them for asking a question. And yet, a woman can ask a similar question and not get the same treatment.

It's as if women are so fragile that they can't be treated the same as the men. "

I think it's actually more to do with the fact that because of the number imbalance *some* men on here will fall over themselves to get the attention of women so will approach a thread posted by a woman differently to a similar one posted by men. People then follow suit with their subsequent responses - I've often noticed that the first couple of replies to a thread can shape how that thread goes from there.

Not saying that's right, or is how it should be, but it is what it is.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Where would you like me?

"The forums have no real impact on whether you are a single male. They are just a platform for expressing certain views , advise, and shag or avoid posts"

Erm, no. They do have an impact for some men - they have socials and sex as a result of posting on the forums.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"

It depends on what they say and their attitude. Male or female.

Unless they make a spelling or

grammar mistake

So what if thay have Learning difficulties and are dyslexic I don't know if I have spelt that right coz that's what I have "

You tell them and they either apologise or ask why you aren't using a spell check or auto correct.

"Not always. Quite often new single men get the piss taken out of them for asking a question. And yet, a woman can ask a similar question and not get the same treatment.

I think it's actually more to do with the fact that because of the number imbalance *some* men on here will fall over themselves to get the attention of women so will approach a thread posted by a woman differently to a similar one posted by men. People then follow suit with their subsequent responses - I've often noticed that the first couple of replies to a thread can shape how that thread goes from there.

Not saying that's right, or is how it should be, but it is what it is."

Women and men take the piss or talk in a condescending manner to new single men.

It's like they enjoy goading and piss taking.

"The forums have no real impact on whether you are a single male. They are just a platform for expressing certain views , advise, and shag or avoid posts

Erm, no. They do have an impact for some men - they have socials and sex as a result of posting on the forums."

really, meh, don't believe you, single guys don't get sex on here

Not saying that's right, or is how it should be, but it is what it is.

Women and men take the piss or talk in a condescending manner to new single men.

It's like they enjoy goading and piss taking."

As I said further upthread I don't deny it happens - but when it does more often than not it's as a result of said single man coming on with a negative attitude, a higher than reasonable sense of expectation and entitlement and generally being an arse.

A good example of that being today's thread titled "Struggling to get any meets" - the type of which appears with regularity.

For evidence of how the forums can be welcoming to single male newbies you only have to look at the plethora of profile advice threads where people take time out to provide valuable advice only to usually have it ignored.

By *tonMessCouple  over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

I am a firm believer in the line..."You reap what you sow", this applys across the board, so if you are friendly and open, have a positive attitude and don't just skimmed the threads and only respond to the hotties, you will always be welcome in my book, and inbox

"I am a firm believer in the line..."You reap what you sow", this applys across the board, so if you are friendly and open, have a positive attitude and don't just skimmed the threads and only respond to the hotties, you will always be welcome in my book, and inbox "

"I would hope so. I think if someone posts regularly, they can become a familiar face very quickly "
cmon you know that doesn't happen

stevenage

"I would hope so. I think if someone posts regularly, they can become a familiar face very quickly "

That's not true one bit I posts regularly and just get missed out as every1 has there favourites on each post

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

Not as welcoming as they could be at times. it never fails to shock me how quickly a group of people can pounce on someone for saying something I think we could be better at it.

"I would hope so. I think if someone posts regularly, they can become a familiar face very quickly

That's not true one bit I posts regularly and just get missed out as every1 has there favourites on each post "

Unfortunately that's the way of internet forums all over - we all get ignored from time to time for any number of reasons (e.g. a thread is fast moving, there's nothing to add to your comment, and yes because the next person is a bloke and chooses to skip you in favour of the hot woman two posts above!!)

In fairness you've posted on 17 threads since you started using the forums which isn't actually that many to get established - just keep plugging away and joining in and you'll be surprised how things turn around if you post positively and have valid points to add k

"Not as welcoming as they could be at times. it never fails to shock me how quickly a group of people can pounce on someone for saying something I think we could be better at it. "
yes this although if they start off rude it's difficult to see how they can be helped

Single fella here and everyone who has replied to my threads and posts have all been polite and/or welcoming, even some women (and men) who have replied in private messages! Yeah, it's easy to think you might be being ignored in a particularly busy thread and feel 'put out' as a single bloke but I don't think this is the case, well I don't think so anyway, not for me. It's all part and part and parcel of online forums so I never take offence!

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

"Not as welcoming as they could be at times. it never fails to shock me how quickly a group of people can pounce on someone for saying something I think we could be better at it. yes this although if they start off rude it's difficult to see how they can be helped "

I agree if they start off that way but sometimes they just ask a question.

Hi I'm a single guy looking for a fun naughty couple

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan  over a year ago

How many single men use the forums ?

How many of them regularly post in the forums and become "household names" ?

Out of all the ones that do I'd say there are less then 20 that have regular conversations if you can call it that on the forums via their posts, The rest just fill up the threads with their comments,

Its not just single men either, As someone has pointed out a lot of posts are read with no interaction to them which can come across as unwelcoming to some people

stevenage

"I would hope so. I think if someone posts regularly, they can become a familiar face very quickly

That's not true one bit I posts regularly and just get missed out as every1 has there favourites on each post

Unfortunately that's the way of internet forums all over - we all get ignored from time to time for any number of reasons (e.g. a thread is fast moving, there's nothing to add to your comment, and yes because the next person is a bloke and chooses to skip you in favour of the hot woman two posts above!!)

In fairness you've posted on 17 threads since you started using the forums which isn't actually that many to get established - just keep plugging away and joining in and you'll be surprised how things turn around if you post positively and have valid points to add k "

Ok then I will just keep plugging away as you put it thanks for the heads up anyway

[Removed by poster at 19/07/18 18:45:55]

"How many single men use the forums ?

How many of them regularly post in the forums and become "household names" ?

Out of all the ones that do I'd say there are less then 20 that have regular conversations if you can call it that on the forums via their posts, The rest just fill up the threads with their comments,

Its not just single men either, As someone has pointed out a lot of posts are read with no interaction to them which can come across as unwelcoming to some people "

By *etLikeMan  over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

I would say, that as a bit of a newcomer myself, people are getting used to my flipping between passionately verbose and cheesy punnage.

I've been on and off this madhouse for a while now - and I have to say that the forums have become a bit of a hostile place

There are a few people that feel the need to put sarcy unfunny comments in every thread.

"I've been on and off this madhouse for a while now - and I have to say that the forums have become a bit of a hostile place

There are a few people that feel the need to put sarcy unfunny comments in every thread.

"

#youknowwhoyouare

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

As I said further upthread I don't deny it happens - but when it does more often than not it's as a result of said single man coming on with a negative attitude, a higher than reasonable sense of expectation and entitlement and generally being an arse.

A good example of that being today's thread titled "Struggling to get any meets" - the type of which appears with regularity.

."

Having just read that thread, the man did none of that, he asked for advice.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

To the OP, yes it can be a very unfriendly place at times, especially for new single men. Of course it is dressed up as "banter" if questioned but some of it just looks nasty. If you ever see it and a mod hasn't, report the thread.