FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Mens Mental Health

Mens Mental Health

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've seen quite a few about men speaking out about mental health issues and I think it's great that men are breaking down barriers and speaking out about what they're going through.

For anyone struggling with mental health issues please go on Facebook and search for Andy's Man Club. They're doing amazing work for men's mental health issues and suicide prevention.

Give em a like and reach out to them if you need to. They will help and they're good at it

#itsoktotalk

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have a son that suffers from depression... I shall check it out and maybe shove it in his direction of it looks helpful.

Thanks

Thanks OP.

"I've seen quite a few about men speaking out about mental health issues and I think it's great that men are breaking down barriers and speaking out about what they're going through.

For anyone struggling with mental health issues please go on Facebook and search for Andy's Man Club. They're doing amazing work for men's mental health issues and suicide prevention.

Give em a like and reach out to them if you need to. They will help and they're good at it

#itsoktotalk"

Im not on facebook but well done sir

By *anger69104Man  over a year ago

Lincoln

Thank you very much for raising the issue in a sensitive way

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"I've seen quite a few about men speaking out about mental health issues and I think it's great that men are breaking down barriers and speaking out about what they're going through.

#itsoktotalk

Im not on facebook but well done sir "

They have a website which can be found after a quick Google search if needs be

Fair play OP for raising an important topic. Respect to you sir.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Thanks, OP.

Look up CALM too.

MIND are also good. Not sure if they're just based in Wales but worth a look.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"MIND are also good. Not sure if they're just based in Wales but worth a look. "

MIND is national. The local offices operate independently but are all affiliated to the central parent charity.

By *appytochatMan  over a year ago

Deep in the New Forest

It's true there are more men that are beginning to open up to mental health issues. The hardest part is admitting it and seeking help or even just opening up to someone. It's easy to just brush things off and pit it down to just having an off moment. I know for me I didn't realise just how much it was effecting me until I let everything out.

If in doubt let it out is what I live by now. Unless in public and need to fart

#itsoktotalk"

Brilliant!

By *lueWonderMan  over a year ago

Preston.....ish

Well done OP and further contributors.

I second CALM

(campaign against living miserably)

www . calmzone . net

(Obviously without the spaces as I don’t know if we are allow to post website links on here or not)

Well done OP for raising this. xx

"MIND are also good. Not sure if they're just based in Wales but worth a look.

MIND is national. The local offices operate independently but are all affiliated to the central parent charity.

"

Thanks x

It’s good to see

Thank you for the information

I have struggled in past and recently

First time was due to an attack and the the aftermath of it an dealing with issues etc

Second is now I have a knee injury which has prevented me goin gym and pretty much means I go work give my all but days off or post work am stuck on sofa or bed in pain or taking analgesia mess that wipe me out lol. As a result I’ve lost lots confidence gained a stone in weight which doesn’t sound a lot but saying I lost 4 to be weight I was feels loads on. It also has reduced me going out hence I’m on here a lot hoping to chat meet and get know ppl socially and naughty

Sorry to go on again I never thought about mental health till anxiety and self believe hit me.... yes I have good days usually in work cos what I do matters an need be 100% ok yet when home am quiet moody an emotional

So again thanks for the links and information

#Timetochange is a good site too.

When someone is diagnosed with a mental illness, they’re still the same person as they were before.

We all need to make sure we are listening, often time is so limited, we might miss when someone is trying to tell us they need help.

Sometime it’s the suttle changes that get missed

» Add a new message to this topic