FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > ACTA

ACTA

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *leasureDome OP   Man  over a year ago

all over the place

What are your thoughts on ACTA

For those that dont know its probably the most concerted attack on the freedom of the internet, ACTA is one more offensive against the sharing of culture on the Internet. ACTA stands for(Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement) is an agreement secretly negotiated by a small "club" of like-minded countries (39 countries, including the 27 of the European Union, the United States, Japan, etc).

Negotiated instead of being democratically debated, it bypasses parliaments and international organizations to dictate a repressive logic

It appears it would impose new criminal sanctions forcing Internet service providers to monitor and censor online communications. It is thus a major threat to freedom of expression online and creates legal uncertainty for Internet companies.

Yaaa booo i say

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

hello stranger

Sorry read post and to much to take in this early

all over the place

"hello stranger

Sorry read post and to much to take in this early "

hi top totty how are you ok ...i have been busy xx sore throat lost your voice ....ahem ......

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Terrible mate really bad that

What was it again?

Lisburn

"hello stranger

hi top totty how are you ok ...i have been busy xx sore throat lost your voice ....ahem ......"

loaded with head cold, but went out last night so could be all the singing

all over the place

"Terrible mate really bad that

What was it again? "

the tinternet is gonna get bossed about basicly ...

all over the place

"hello stranger

hi top totty how are you ok ...i have been busy xx sore throat lost your voice ....ahem ......

loaded with head cold, but went out last night so could be all the singing "

i have head a good dose of man juice injected to the back of the throat can cure a head cold quickly ..Not sure if its true it was a naughty nurse told me

and she was trying to get me to administer it to herself at the time so it was a bit garbled

I think it stinks!

I saw Jello Biafra a few years ago doing one of his political shows, and he talked about this a lot. This has been going on in America for years already apparently and Jello was saying how lucky the UK were because we were so well informed and able to get to the truth.

It's f'kin depressing frankly...what's the point in having free speech if all yer oppinions can only be based on half-truths or outright lies!!

Lisburn

"hello stranger

i have head a good dose of man juice injected to the back of the throat can cure a head cold quickly ..Not sure if its true it was a naughty nurse told me

and she was trying to get me to administer it to herself at the time so it was a bit garbled "

Mr A trys to tell me that all the time

all over the place

"hello stranger

and she was trying to get me to administer it to herself at the time so it was a bit garbled

Mr A trys to tell me that all the time "

lol glad he is ok and enjoying the peace and quiet

all over the place

"I think it stinks!

I saw Jello Biafra a few years ago doing one of his political shows, and he talked about this a lot. This has been going on in America for years already apparently and Jello was saying how lucky the UK were because we were so well informed and able to get to the truth.

It's f'kin depressing frankly...what's the point in having free speech if all yer oppinions can only be based on half-truths or outright lies!!

"

halleluia sister ...getting so you cant pitch a protest tent in london now ,the worlds gone mad ,food up ,fuel up ,econ omies fucked ....but hey lets sneek in the back room and fuck up the internet.

lol

This thread desperately needs bumping.

Anyone with the slightest interest in civil liberty needs to make themself aware of the repercussions of the ACTA bill.

If you heard about about SOPA or PIPA, this is potentially just as dangerous and it is being pushed through the European Union with hardly any discussion.

BBC news:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16757142

Guess it where you are on downloading stuff you should pay for (Songs, programs, Films etc).

See the threads on people copying other peoples profiles, or pictures it's very similar, but serious stuff that has the (c) and (R) on them.

But I don't believe for one second that if you couldn't download 'free' music, that people will buy them instead, but might well become fans and buy some of their music, tickets, memorabilia.

Is this something to do with the black out Wikipedia did?

Sounds to me like what Health and Safety is all about, taking away the fun in life

Did anyone ever seriously believe that the internet would remain as it is/was? I compare it to the old Wild West where pretty much anything goes at the moment because it is unregulated but, like the old Wild West, along comes a Wyatt Earp to clean it all up because the local yokels can't stick to the rules.

It was inevitable that the authorities were going to act to combat copyright infringement, and whilst they were at it they were always going to sneak in a few back door rules that allowed them greater control over who sees what. It's in the nature of power players to know what is being said, by and to whom.

Knowledge is the bomb!

[Removed by poster at 29/01/12 12:46:52]

"Did anyone ever seriously believe that the Internet would remain as it is/was? ..."

Indeed, those who invested now want their payback. Google is now happily tell you it's going to scan all your information (Searches, emails, google+, photo tags, YouTube habits and more) to target you better with adverts, with no choice (other than use other non google affiliates), and don't forget your android phone...

Facebook is also using your data to benefit FAcebook. I won't start about Apple and istuff

I can remember when Microsoft was supposed to be the bad guys, lol

Your data/information is who you pay for using the Internet. We need to learn how to stop putting so much real personal info online

» Add a new message to this topic