FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Body Shaming or Insecurity?

Body Shaming or Insecurity?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eKoople OP   Couple  over a year ago

Germany / Manchester

Since the growth digital social media never have we had a time where body consciousness is at an all time high.

We’re bombarded with images of muscular men, slender women and not much in between. With that thought I’m interested to hear people’s views on wether body conscious marketing is body shaming or are people insecure?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *urity555Man  over a year ago

south west

I think we can all be insecure in some ways. I’ve compared myself to some women on here stupidly ... and thought I’m not as attractive as them. But then I remembered I may actually be someone else’s type instead!

Social media can bring out the worst in people.

We’re all entitled to opinions but too many people choose to voice them negatively

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

People start to think it’s the norm. If people really thought, they’d realise all these super people are NOT the norm. I don’t do social media or celebs or anything so despite my lack of body finesse, I’m happy with myself - except for my stomach.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

I don't agree with shaming of any kind but I do feel that a lot of P.C. nonsense just enables people to play victim and hide from truths. That does not mean that I think it's okay for people to comment on others. It does mean I think some people are self deluded.

I do feel that there's never been a better time than now to be confident and proud of who you are regardless of your shape or size.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

In fairness nature started this all off. The media don't help either

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't think the marketing is body shaming, but there is a place for body shaming. We can't go on allowing people to think it is OK to be grossly overweight, especially the ones who also inflict it on their children!

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Sizing of clothes doesn’t help. I bought a DKNY dress in a size 12 but it’s a UK 16.

Some things are more flattering than others as well.

» Add a new message to this topic