FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Inflatable hot tub advice

Inflatable hot tub advice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *litterbabe OP   Woman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Being so gorgeous it's lead me to think that I might want an inflatable hot tub. Has anybody got any experience t

hey can share, do you get a lot of use out of it, or is it literally just a couple of days a year?

What kind of maintenance do they need?

Is there a best, or worse brand?

In my situation, it wouldn't be for playing in... it would more be a family relaxation thing, with kids using it too.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have one. Bought it a couple of years ago.

Used it for the first summer and it was great. But due to moving house I haven't been able to use it.

I have a lazy spa (Miami).

All I'd say is, make sure you can position it close to an outside electricity supply. Also they can be very noisy.

I'd also make sure you have something to protect the pump from the rain (electric and water!)

If you're on a water metre make sure you're prepared for the bill!! Maintain the water and you shouldn't have to empty it during the year.

Just one last thing, you'll need to empty it at the end of the year, so make sure you have a suitable way of doing so or you could end up flooding yours and your neighbours gardens with chlorinated water!!!

We’ve got a lazy spa Vegas. Had it a couple of years. For it for the kids but we use it more. Great fun and not too bad to maintain.

By *rank n BettyCouple  over a year ago

Stafford

My dad bought one from The Range & keeps it in a “summer house” in a corner in the garden. He’s decorated it with fairy lights & it looks great. As long as you look after them & treat the water they are fine & will last years

B x

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There've been a few threads on hot tubs, such as these and it's probably worth a search and read -

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/wales/652568 https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/741854

There's a deal on at Tesco atm, 15% off lay z spas at TESCO direct with code TD-H4RF, for anyone interested

Central

"There've been a few threads on hot tubs, such as these and it's probably worth a search and read -

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/wales/652568 https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/741854

There's a deal on at Tesco atm, 15% off lay z spas at TESCO direct with code TD-H4RF, for anyone interested "

You may find the Miami spa at B&M bargains for £280 too

By *ikilovesCCouple  over a year ago

village life, closest main town inverness

You're a mine of information sophie

Central

"You're a mine of information sophie "

I must be a sponge soaking it all up

Central

I've thought of getting one, as I've been used to using them in the States and I don't have a water meter in the UK, so have kept an eye on them. I particularly like the idea of being in them in the winter, when it's cold. The UK electricity prices deter me

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

No but I'm just grateful next doors don't use theirs anymore,they were in there being rowdy as hell til all hours screaming. Then when they emptied it it all came into my garden as we're on a slope complete with all their crap.

Sorry as you were...

By *litterbabe OP   Woman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Some really great tips, thank you

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

I wouldn’t worry about having a hot tub when on a water meter. We’ve had our 1200 litre tub for 2 years now and our monthly water bill has only gone up by a pound a month.

With any hot tub, inflatable or rigid, if you look after the water it will only need emptying and refilling about every 6 months at the most.

Where you will notice a big increase in bills is electricity. They cost far more to run than the manufacturers lead you to believe.

We recommend putting a layer of mats underneath.

We had an inflatable one for a few years, they are expensive as far as the electricity goes. We now have a posher one, but the blow up was a great way to see that we would use it enough to justify the expense!

If your on Facebook look for the lay-z-spa group there is loads of information.

I loved the one I had with my ex but it was hard work with the chemicals - daily testing and readjusting. Plus you need to think that it needs plugging in outside or you need access to a plug because it needs to be switched on all the time for the filter to work and finally expect a £40 a month increase in your electricity bill.

We had a Canadian spa hot tub in our back garden, I went in it only once, I didn't like it.When my husband died I put my Koi fish in it. They like it it makes a great pond. X

Got a lay Z spa vegas.

Once you set it up it'd pretty easy to maintain. Just test regularly takes a few minutes.

Air pump can be noisy, vacuum cleaner level, but it's a great thing to have

By *urreycpl69Couple  over a year ago

Louth

We have an Intex inflatable which has been great, loads of fun but mainly we wanted to see if we would actually use it.

They're easy to look after and as for chemicals, we just used chlorine tablets we got from Amazon. They kept the levels perfect.

We've just ordered a proper one now as we love using it after coming out of the gym and jumping straight (showered of course lol). Cannot wait, 7 weeks and counting!

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

if i wanted one id just build one than buy one of them.

there easy enough to do

as goes for heating id be using a wood stove system to heat the water.

but that means a bit of work which some dont like doing

however its free to heat up

» Add a new message to this topic