FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Operation Thin

Operation Thin

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Good Morning,

So I’ve decided to go private and have Weight Loss Surgery. I’m a Size 20/22 and really don’t like the way I am, so finally doing something about it.

Yes, I’ve tried diets til they’ve come out my ears, I always manage to lose a Stone n then it just stops lol...Yes, I’ve tried exercising n find it difficult as I suffer with Back Pain n Fibromyalgia n Joint Probs....Also couple other health things so it’s a constant battle.

I’m hoping having this surgery will not only help me lose the weight, but make me healthier and take pressure off my illnesses n body.

Hubby has been a great support thru all this, which is more then I can say about rest of family!!

Just thought I’d share with you n see if anyone else has been thru this n have any tips, pointers or advice...

Thanks

Belle xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Good Morning,

So I’ve decided to go private and have Weight Loss Surgery. I’m a Size 20/22 and really don’t like the way I am, so finally doing something about it.

Yes, I’ve tried diets til they’ve come out my ears, I always manage to lose a Stone n then it just stops lol...Yes, I’ve tried exercising n find it difficult as I suffer with Back Pain n Fibromyalgia n Joint Probs....Also couple other health things so it’s a constant battle.

I’m hoping having this surgery will not only help me lose the weight, but make me healthier and take pressure off my illnesses n body.

Hubby has been a great support thru all this, which is more then I can say about rest of family!!

Just thought I’d share with you n see if anyone else has been thru this n have any tips, pointers or advice...

Thanks

Belle xxx"

Big step Belle but in your mind the correct one. Good luck with it x

"Good Morning,

Thanks

Belle xxx

Big step Belle but in your mind the correct one. Good luck with it x"

Thank you very much xx

"Good Morning,

Thanks

Belle xxx

Big step Belle but in your mind the correct one. Good luck with it x

Thank you very much xx"

Very welcome keep us up to date on how it goes x

Oohhh I will do....could start a blog hahaha xx

"Oohhh I will do....could start a blog hahaha xx"

Not a bad idea that lol

do what ever makes you happy... one life live it, it is ashame for those that arnt supportive over it.

Most diets are fads and short lived, weightloss can be easy for some and not for others- genetics have a big part to play in that and some people ive known have been on strict diets for 2-3 years with no real change.

Good luck with it all belle

" do what ever makes you happy... one life live it, it is ashame for those that arnt supportive over it.

Most diets are fads and short lived, weightloss can be easy for some and not for others- genetics have a big part to play in that and some people ive known have been on strict diets for 2-3 years with no real change.

Good luck with it all belle "

Thank you very much, nice n kind words x

Yeah my mums side of family most females are big boned n fat lol...and it’s led to bad health, etc and I don’t want that for myself xx

" do what ever makes you happy... one life live it, it is ashame for those that arnt supportive over it.

Good luck with it all belle

Thank you very much, nice n kind words x

Yeah my mums side of family most females are big boned n fat lol...and it’s led to bad health, etc and I don’t want that for myself xx"

Exactly, be the best version of yourself you can possibly be and no regrets

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

It's a big decision to make and I wish you every success.

Are you eligible for surgery on the nhs? Your GP would be able to advise this. If you can go down that route then you can save the money you would have spent on the weight loss surgery and use it for any skin removal surgery needed afterwards. Lots of people have excess skin after weightless surgery and the only way to get it removed is to go private - there is no funding at all for it.

No point getting surgery if you still have the same mindset and same bad eating habits. Get it into your head and be positive. Make it change your life so it's not wasted

Best of luck to you x

What op are you having. I had the bypass nearly 4 years ago and it’s still hard work but I’ve had relatively few problems. I’m happy to chat by pm if that helps or on here x

Have you researched it all OP? It's not the miracle fix that most people seem to think it is. If it's a band and not a bypass your stomach can expand again and you'll gain weight if you're not careful. The side effects and ongoing care are extreme.

Not trying to put you off, just want you to be aware.

Good luck. xx

By *ulfilthmentMan  over a year ago

Just around the corner

It’s hard to make diets work if you struggle with exercise so this sounds like a good plan. Good luck, and keep us up to date with progress.

"Good Morning,

Thanks

Belle xxx"

I had a gastric band 6/7 years ago

I’ve lost 15 stone up to now

I’ve never looked back

But I haven’t done like many do and go and keep having the band tightened

You can only have it tightened x amount of times and then after that if you’ve not reached your target you’re buggered if you can’t loose without the help of the band

I’ve only had mine tightened once since having it done

What I will say is think long and hard about any surgical procedure you may have

Don’t let people tell you it’s a quick fix diet because trust me it’s not

Good luck op

"Have you researched it all OP? It's not the miracle fix that most people seem to think it is. If it's a band and not a bypass your stomach can expand again and you'll gain weight if you're not careful. The side effects and ongoing care are extreme.

Not trying to put you off, just want you to be aware.

Good luck. xx"

» Add a new message to this topic