FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > When you used to have to talk

When you used to have to talk

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rumpyMcFuckNugget OP   Man  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

How many of us remember life before Mobiles and Laptops and Bookface and 3215 Tv channels . Do you prefer life with all these mod cons or did you prefer life before all that ,when people actually spoke to each other ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Den of Iniquity

I remember actually playing OUTSIDE as a kid . Actually running around playing footie in the pissing rain. Do you feel that modern life has also made today's kids lazier ??

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

I like life with these convenient gadgets, but I still like to talk face to face and I have a friend in Wales and we still write letters to each other

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"I remember actually playing OUTSIDE as a kid . Actually running around playing footie in the pissing rain. Do you feel that modern life has also made today's kids lazier ??"

For a lot, yes I do, albeit a couple of our grandsons are footballers and spend a lot of time outside practising

Den of Iniquity

"I like life with these convenient gadgets, but I still like to talk face to face and I have a friend in Wales and we still write letters to each other "
What with actual Pens and shit ??

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Prefer it with. You own them, they don't own you. You are probably also old enough to remember "Why Don't You..?" From ye olde telly box as well! Take a leaf out of their book and just switch off and go and do something else instead!

Think about swinging- we use the electronic stuff to connect but when it comes down to it, at a meet, or in a club, it's all about getting as close and personal as possible!

By *ifty grades of shadyCouple  over a year ago

Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

"I like life with these convenient gadgets, but I still like to talk face to face and I have a friend in Wales and we still write letters to each other What with actual Pens and shit ?? "

That's why a lot of kids don't vote, they see a pencil and go uugh , how do you switch it on

Den of Iniquity

"I like life with these convenient gadgets, but I still like to talk face to face and I have a friend in Wales and we still write letters to each other What with actual Pens and shit ??

That's why a lot of kids don't vote, they see a pencil and go uugh , how do you switch it on"

Haha yes I see your point

"I remember actually playing OUTSIDE as a kid . Actually running around playing footie in the pissing rain. Do you feel that modern life has also made today's kids lazier ??"

You say that as if kids today don't play outside at all.

Games, tablets, phones, etc., they're just another indoor activity option. There have always been books, writing, drawing etc. When the TV was invented, it was hailed as the end of conversation. As was the wireless before it. As, probably, were newspapers before that, though obviously the news isn't going to do a bad write-up of itself.

Basically, I'm calling you an old fogey

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I prefer it now. I can keep in touch with friends much more easily, I communicate with people way more than previously and I have information at the touch of a button.

When I was a kid I didn't play outside much. I used to be upstairs in my room with my head stuck in a book.

The up and coming generation is always seen by the previous one as somehow less than them. When radio became available to the massess the end of civilisation as we know it was forecast...but here we still are.

"I remember actually playing OUTSIDE as a kid . Actually running around playing footie in the pissing rain. Do you feel that modern life has also made today's kids lazier ??

For a lot, yes I do, albeit a couple of our grandsons are footballers and spend a lot of time outside practising "

People say today’s kids play indoors more because they’re lazier. Having grown up in the 90’s though, I remember a time when we were allowed to play out and go as far as away as we liked, Mum didn’t have to worry too much about us. Then I remember distinctly after a very high profile abduction case in the late 90’s we were kept in a lot more, and we were never out of mum’s sight, all of my friends were the same. Did it matter whether we were playing board games or video games? That’s not the reason why we stayed in.

I mix of both. I love texting my pals or commenting on social sites to remind them that we used to play out.

I miss playing 5-side. Just knocking on for a mate and then walking around a park chatting.

But I like keeping up with my kids now, which isn’t too far off what I used to be like, they play console games, but when the sunshines, they are outside playing.

My daughter walks to school now I live in the town. Frightens the life out of me that she's going to get stolen. She's 12 so not a little kid but still worries me.

I think playing outside was easier when we were kids. Less fear.

Personally I like the mod cons. I struggle with being social and large groups terrify me.

I still have paper cups and string for when Brexit hits hard

Den of Iniquity

"I still have paper cups and string for when Brexit hits hard"
lol

Den of Iniquity

"I remember actually playing OUTSIDE as a kid . Actually running around playing footie in the pissing rain. Do you feel that modern life has also made today's kids lazier ??

You say that as if kids today don't play outside at all.

Games, tablets, phones, etc., they're just another indoor activity option. There have always been books, writing, drawing etc. When the TV was invented, it was hailed as the end of conversation. As was the wireless before it. As, probably, were newspapers before that, though obviously the news isn't going to do a bad write-up of itself.

Basically, I'm calling you an old fogey "

Thanks

By *oachman 9CoolMan  over a year ago

derby

For a lot, yes I do, albeit a couple of our grandsons are footballers and spend a lot of time outside practising

People say today’s kids play indoors more because they’re lazier. Having grown up in the 90’s though, I remember a time when we were allowed to play out and go as far as away as we liked, Mum didn’t have to worry too much about us. Then I remember distinctly after a very high profile abduction case in the late 90’s we were kept in a lot more, and we were never out of mum’s sight, all of my friends were the same. Did it matter whether we were playing board games or video games? That’s not the reason why we stayed in. "

I must admit I spent most of my time at home I was happier enough in the garden my grandad and my dad grew their own vegetables in the garden and allotment I did,nt venture far from there on my own, when I got into my teens I would venture a little further even if it was just up the lane alongside to see the birdlife and what was nesting where perhaps not like your average teenager today, I was just very lucky to have that type of environment around me as time goes on I realise it more, but there were child abductors and killers around and have been ever since, but luckily my parents let me roam a little to such places as I mentioned earlier and from about 13 I,d be, as a kid I did not think about any danger but getting out and enjoying myself, no real Internet back in the 70,s more games like kerplunk. and scrabble,cluedo, dinky cars, etc sending everything by letter or telephone, we knew no different apart from my parents who knew the era,s before and mentioned those times to us during growing up along with showing old photo,s to us, what many kids have today they probabily know no different, But I would,nt swap my times as a youngster as opposed to the xbox and playstation kids of today but then again I,m a bit different..

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

I hate all this text email twitter stuff .... so boring

I like talking face to face to people

So many children dont know how to communicate or how to read a book .... write a letter or visit a person .

I find it very sad .

By *edMan  over a year ago

cambridgeshire

It all serves a function but some people just can't leave it alone.

In the last few days I have seen a bus driver texting or maybe on anti social media, while driving, same as the car driver coming towards me when out biking, a mother totally ignoring her upset child because she was in some email/text/ conversation, and a lad trip over a low wall because his nose was stuck to his phone..

For those that might be concerned, the lad wasn't badly hurt.. apart from his mates laughing at him... via farcebook probably

» Add a new message to this topic