FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Love and Fear

Love and Fear

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Can fear make someone in a failing relationship try to cling onto the person they love?

What I mean is, if the person they love is not good for them, do they do what they can to make it work out of fear of being single and alone?

If the relationship fails and the couple breaks up, it seems the person who is heartbroken may face two paths but both paths have a fear. Path one would be to look for love again but the fear would be of getting their heart broken again. The second path would be a single live but the fear would be of dying alone.

Anyone ever felt like this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes and no it doesnt work..

Best thing to do is bail regardless of the consequences

Bailing is definitely the best option.

Another interesting question is, can a mixture of love and Fear make the person blind from what the person the love is really like?

Yes.

I've learnt the hard way and now feel better than I ever did when I was with him clinging on hoping things would work. I actually saw him today and it was so nice and such a relief to finally realise that I'm no longer in love with him

Perhaps fear of having a broken heart can both end a relationship and prevent a new one from starting. As for the fear of dying alone, it could prevent the person from enjoying a single life.

"Yes.

I've learnt the hard way and now feel better than I ever did when I was with him clinging on hoping things would work. I actually saw him today and it was so nice and such a relief to finally realise that I'm no longer in love with him "

I was the same. When I saw my recent ex many months back, I bolted in the opposite direction hoping she didn't see me. I guess I was afraid of what she would say that would probably tear away my new found confidence that I had gained over the past year

Yes it can but you will be walking on eggshells the rest of your life

"Yes it can but you will be walking on eggshells the rest of your life"

Very true

"Yes.

I've learnt the hard way and now feel better than I ever did when I was with him clinging on hoping things would work. I actually saw him today and it was so nice and such a relief to finally realise that I'm no longer in love with him

I was the same. When I saw my recent ex many months back, I bolted in the opposite direction hoping she didn't see me. I guess I was afraid of what she would say that would probably tear away my new found confidence that I had gained over the past year"

Well I actually met up with him to swap some stuff over and we had a game of bowling, when he hugged me as I was leaving I braced myself thinking uh oh is this going to shake things up, but instead all feelings have finally gone- I felt nothing so I'm glad we had the meet up because I can draw a line under it now and can move on

"Yes.

I was the same. When I saw my recent ex many months back, I bolted in the opposite direction hoping she didn't see me. I guess I was afraid of what she would say that would probably tear away my new found confidence that I had gained over the past year

Well I actually met up with him to swap some stuff over and we had a game of bowling, when he hugged me as I was leaving I braced myself thinking uh oh is this going to shake things up, but instead all feelings have finally gone- I felt nothing so I'm glad we had the meet up because I can draw a line under it now and can move on "

Ah that is nice that it was on good terms. I had to move on from my past relationship because she chose to break my heart by ending the relationship a few days before Christmas. I never heard from her again after that and had to get rid of all the stuff that reminded me of her.

» Add a new message to this topic