FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Your Opinion

Your Opinion

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was speaking to someone yesterday. He told me people would be offended I wasn't showing all my veris and that my profile made me seem like a nasty person.

Now to me we're all entitled to an opinion and that's fine. I and people who know me understand my sense of humour and why I have things the way I do.

The issue I have was that he kept saying "some people might think" or "it doesn't bother me but". It really irritated me!

It got me thinking about opinions and assumptions and the need to express them.

Do you? Feel compelled to express your opinion I mean, on things which you haven't been asked to.

Do you get offended on other people's behalf and feel the need to stick up for them without being asked to?

Do you only express opinion if it's bad? How often do you give praise just for the sake of it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

I do occasionally get offended on other

People's behalf, and I'm more likely to say something then, than if it's me that's been offended myself.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I was speaking to someone yesterday. He told me people would be offended I wasn't showing all my veris and that my profile made me seem like a nasty person.

Now to me we're all entitled to an opinion and that's fine. I and people who know me understand my sense of humour and why I have things the way I do.

The issue I have was that he kept saying "some people might think" or "it doesn't bother me but". It really irritated me!

Do you? Feel compelled to express your opinion I mean, on things which you haven't been asked to.

Do you get offended on other people's behalf and feel the need to stick up for them without being asked to?

Do you only express opinion if it's bad? How often do you give praise just for the sake of it? "

More likely to praise than condemn

My Mother always said: If you cant say anything nice then dont say anything.

I will criticise but only if asked and only if its someone I know.

Why should people be offended at anyone not showing their veris? Maybe they don't want everyone knowing who they meet. I don't show mine cos I have met quite a few policemen and I like to be discreet so no one looks at them and could possibly recognise them. Lol some folk are strange... xx

By *udistnorthantsMan  over a year ago

Desborough

If I havn't been asked to express an opinion or the subject matter is about something I have no interest in then I usually keep quiet.

I've no interest in what others may think or the professional offended on behalf of others.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I was speaking to someone yesterday. He told me people would be offended I wasn't showing all my veris and that my profile made me seem like a nasty person.

Do you only express opinion if it's bad? How often do you give praise just for the sake of it? "

I only feel compelled to express my opinion unasked if someone's expressing views that I think should be challenged.

I think if more of us stuck up for people without being asked there would be far fewer incidences of bullying, as it stands people in wider society are more inclined to side with the bully.

I express good and bad opinions and quite often give praise off the cuff.

I think there's a difference between offering opinion unsolicited and unasked for advice. However one should tread warily when doing either

By *irthandgirthMan  over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

First world problems. Many reasons not to show a veri. It's your profile.

I wouldn't show them if they were crude, vulgar,or in text speak or divulged something i didnt want known publicly.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

P.S. how on earth does your profile convey nastiness?

"If I havn't been asked to express an opinion or the subject matter is about something I have no interest in then I usually keep quiet.

I've no interest in what others may think or the professional offended on behalf of others."

Love the 'professional offended on behalf of others' comment...can I steal it for my own use please

"P.S. how on earth does your profile convey nastiness?"

It's anti men apparently. I did point out I didnt specify the creeps and scum were male

I tend to be quite reserved with my opinions. I will express myself more to the people closest to me but as a general rule I'm more likely to offer up a joke or sarcastic comment, for my own amusement.

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I always feel compelled to express an opinion (on something I feel strongly about) in the forums - both positive & negative. I'll stick up for someone too if I feel they are being unjustly attacked.

Expressing opinions & assumptions on a private level is more tricky. I guess it depends on the level of friendship with the other person & the type of conversation etc. With a stranger, I'd probably find it quite rude if someone kept expressing negative things about me.

"P.S. how on earth does your profile convey nastiness?

It's anti men apparently. I did point out I didnt specify the creeps and scum were male "

Not anti men...more anti 'film noir' than anything else...but definitely amusing

By *udistnorthantsMan  over a year ago

Desborough

"If I havn't been asked to express an opinion or the subject matter is about something I have no interest in then I usually keep quiet.

I've no interest in what others may think or the professional offended on behalf of others.

Love the 'professional offended on behalf of others' comment...can I steal it for my own use please "

Indeed you may

I do try and keep opinions to myself especially on here but won't tolerate arseholes. Maybe that's a bad thing.

I do tend to stick up for people when deserved.

I enjoy giving praise where deserved.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

It's anti men apparently. I did point out I didnt specify the creeps and scum were male "

Ak, ok.

Note how I'm very ostentatiously not offering an opinion

Well I found it entertaining.....

i like to give praise abd compliments to both men and women... even if they've done nothing but make me chortle... or perhaps have great smile its often far too easy to be judgmental or damming about someone.... its so important to be gentle and why not make them feel better about themselves... we're all human, having said that... its pureky my opinion

It's anti men apparently. I did point out I didnt specify the creeps and scum were male

Ak, ok.

Note how I'm very ostentatiously not offering an opinion "

Thank you. Your opinion is not requested

Naaaa I’m too laid back to get upset on other people’s behalf. I give praise often and profusely! Love to make people feel good about themselves

By *ooby birdWoman  over a year ago

North West

I'm an equal

Opportunities complimenter x

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

"I tend to be quite reserved with my opinions. I will express myself more to the people closest to me but as a general rule I'm more likely to offer up a joke or sarcastic comment, for my own amusement. "

You? Sarcastic? Never

"I tend to be quite reserved with my opinions. I will express myself more to the people closest to me but as a general rule I'm more likely to offer up a joke or sarcastic comment, for my own amusement.

You? Sarcastic? Never "

Shocking, I know, but it has been known to happen.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

He obviously identified with your profile and got all offended. Poor baby.

By *tarbeckCouple  over a year ago

york

Do you only express opinion if it's bad? How often do you give praise just for the sake of it?

I only feel compelled to express my opinion unasked if someone's expressing views that I think should be challenged.

I think if more of us stuck up for people without being asked there would be far fewer incidences of bullying, as it stands people in wider society are more inclined to side with the bully.

I express good and bad opinions and quite often give praise off the cuff.

I think there's a difference between offering opinion unsolicited and unasked for advice. However one should tread warily when doing either "

By *ubiousOatcakeMan  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

I always love it when I get a hard time for expressing an unsolicited opinion. It only ever happens (getting a hard time) on internet discussion forums, where the entire point is expressing and sharing opinions. And it’s only ever from someone who just expressed THEIR unsolicited opinion, and is unhappy that someone would either express a differing opinion, or explain why their opinion is based on false assumptions or incorrect information.

I do like to express opinions in support of others. In a certain part of this forum that may or may not be populated largely by my countrymen, there are a couple of people (I would say idiots, but I haven’t met them in person to confirm) who like to bandy around the phrase ‘white knighting’ anytime anyone supports a person or demographic they don’t belong to. To me, using the phrase suggests that criticism is the only opinion you should express about others. And to think I’m the one who is told he’s negative.

The amount to which an opinion I express is unsolicited is varied. I wouldn’t walk up to a stranger and say, “What’s going on with your hairstyle, then? It’s awful.” But if two people I know are in the same room as me discussing something, I won’t necessarily wait to be invited in to the conversation before I offer my tuppence worth. But it all depends on the situation, the people concerned, and the topic of conversation.

I’m at the age where I now no longer give my opinions unless asked directly. I do however have the right to say what I’m thinking, like the child at the back of the classroom shouting out something to get a laugh, or the mad old man stood at the bar mumbling things to amuse himself.

Plus, sometimes I couldn’t give a hoot as much as they wouldn’t listen anyway.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Rubi I love your profile you know that. As for opinions , when it comes to your profile, Only your opinion matters . I'm sure you are like me and don't want twats and sleazeballs contacting you all the time . Just be you . I like your feistiness and , like me , opinionated without being too offensive.

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Opinions are like arseholes.....Everyone has one!

Who cares.. if you worry about shut like this delete and join again and stick one up that says somthing like .... nice tits look after this one or else guys..ya no the usual shite

By *av_55Man  over a year ago

NE

Opinions are like arsholes... everyone has one

By *ubiousOatcakeMan  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

Someone should’ve said that sooner...

People will always give their opinion and make judgements, I don’t show any veris or my veri summary as who I meet is no business of anyone else.

By *eady and Willing 9Man  over a year ago

Wherever the party is @

I give my opinion on subjects i'm interested in. Doesn't matter if they're good or bad,on others behalf or Not.

I haven't read it recently but I frickin love your veris!!

I give my opinion but assume no-one really gives a shit what I think. I get offended on other people's behalf because I'm odd I suppose. They usually just tell me to fuck off which is fine.

If someone gives their opinion about me or my profile I'm ok with that. I support their right to an opinion even if I disagree with it.

I liked your profile, it made me think of a scene from an old noir film

I haven't read it recently but I frickin love your veris!! "

Me too.

You'd be surprised how many take us seriously

I liked your profile, it made me think of a scene from an old noir film"

thank you x

I haven't read it recently but I frickin love your veris!!

Me too.

You'd be surprised how many take us seriously "

I'm not surprised. Sex is a serious event ya know.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'll share my opinions upon things differently to expressing comments upon people, if they haven't asked for feedback: I'll generally not do it.

Some people try to hurt or otherwise affect others by adding 'some people might say...' etc - in essence they may have concern and aim to influence you. I prefer honest feedback, in a way that is respectful and well intentioned.

Otherwise, it's often better for people to keep their own opinions to themselves: people live as they wish and it can make many people uncomfortable if things that they're already aware of are rammed home insensitively by others.

I’ve always been the kind of person who has an opinion on things, but I try to put it across as diplomatically as possible. Unfortunately, much of the time, I can’t articulate it well enough.

I don’t necessarily get offended on the behalf of others, but I’ll always stick up for people if I see others bullying or taking things too far. I just can’t look the other way.

This site is very often populated by people who just want to hide behind their keyboards and spill venom ... These are really the type of person - male or female - that I really despise and their opinion means absolutely fuck all to me.

I also despise those who attack others who are trying to stick up for someone who is being 'attacked' ... Internet opinions can be offesive because of the keyboard warrior mentality.

However, I love giving good feedback and telling someone they are doing something great, or nice or downright lovely

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I give opinions on occasion, stick up for others whose opinion I agree with, give compliments on occasion.....just a general forum user.

"I tend to be quite reserved with my opinions. I will express myself more to the people closest to me but as a general rule I'm more likely to offer up a joke or sarcastic comment, for my own amusement. "

Knock knock

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

Give my opinion if it's asked for. Otherwise it's just that, my, opinion and I wouldn't want to force it onto anyone else.

I may however proffer my agreement with someone else's opinion, if I felt it added anything.

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

Just tell him to fuck off!

I generally keep my opinions to myself unless the action(s) have upset either myself or someone else who didn’t really deserve or wine stick up for themselves.

Gets me into a few peoples bad books but I can live with that

» Add a new message to this topic