FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Alabama Rot

Alabama Rot

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rumpyMcFuckNugget OP   Man  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I'm quite concerned by this as a first case has cropped up local to me . Do you pooch lovers worry about it . As yet nobody knows the cause only that it seems to be when dogs run around in muddy areas . Are you worried enough to stop your furbaby having fun and frolicking in the muddy grass??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I cLean pooches paws after a muddy romp with a mix of water and hibby scrub to keep him safe

Den of Iniquity

"I cLean pooches paws after a muddy romp with a mix of water and hibby scrub to keep him safe "
Hibby scrub ?? What's that may I ask ??

It's the scrub Drs use you can get it at any pharmacy and it's good for getting grass out of thier paws

Den of Iniquity

"It's the scrub Drs use you can get it at any pharmacy and it's good for getting grass out of thier paws "
Oh right cool. Where can you buy it please ??

"It's the scrub Drs use you can get it at any pharmacy and it's good for getting grass out of thier paws Oh right cool. Where can you buy it please ??"
your local chemist will have it

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Can't say I've heard of it. Should I be worried?

It’s been here for a few months. Lots of people have stopped using certain areas to walk their dogs x

Den of Iniquity

"It's the scrub Drs use you can get it at any pharmacy and it's good for getting grass out of thier paws Oh right cool. Where can you buy it please ?? your local chemist will have it "
I'll have a look. And how do you administer it please ??

Den of Iniquity

"Can't say I've heard of it. Should I be worried?"
Well I am . I guess just Google it and see if there have been any cases in your area

Den of Iniquity

"It’s been here for a few months. Lots of people have stopped using certain areas to walk their dogs x "
I would be worried sick as I like Pooch to be a Pooch and let him run around and have fun

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

"It's the scrub Drs use you can get it at any pharmacy and it's good for getting grass out of thier paws Oh right cool. Where can you buy it please ??"

If you buy it, read the instructions and dilute it. It is a very, very strong disinfectant.

Den of Iniquity

"It's the scrub Drs use you can get it at any pharmacy and it's good for getting grass out of thier paws Oh right cool. Where can you buy it please ??

If you buy it, read the instructions and dilute it. It is a very, very strong disinfectant. "

Ok will do . Cheers

"It's the scrub Drs use you can get it at any pharmacy and it's good for getting grass out of thier paws Oh right cool. Where can you buy it please ?? your local chemist will have it I'll have a look. And how do you administer it please ??"
just like soap

Den of Iniquity

"It's the scrub Drs use you can get it at any pharmacy and it's good for getting grass out of thier paws Oh right cool. Where can you buy it please ?? your local chemist will have it I'll have a look. And how do you administer it please ??just like soap "
Cheers Taff

"It's the scrub Drs use you can get it at any pharmacy and it's good for getting grass out of thier paws Oh right cool. Where can you buy it please ?? your local chemist will have it I'll have a look. And how do you administer it please ??"

Dilute it , not sure of the ratio exactly but we use it to treat certain injuries on horses legs. You can buy iy from farm supply places or equestrian shops.

"It's the scrub Drs use you can get it at any pharmacy and it's good for getting grass out of thier paws Oh right cool. Where can you buy it please ?? your local chemist will have it I'll have a look. And how do you administer it please ??just like soap Cheers Taff "

By *unguya2zMan  over a year ago

coventry..ish

It might be an idea on here to say where we are located and to say if any cases local to us have been reported,I'm in Warwick and a case has been reported in a village called Claverdon about 4 miles from me and also a case in Rugby about 10miles from me.

I appreciate some people don't want to make public there precise location though.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Hibiscrub is quite drying - if you use that a lot I would use something to replace moisture occasionally.

"Hibiscrub is quite drying - if you use that a lot I would use something to replace moisture occasionally."
thanks for that I use tea tree oil on pooch too

Den of Iniquity

"Hibiscrub is quite drying - if you use that a lot I would use something to replace moisture occasionally."
Ok cheers

I just let my dogs be dogs, never scrub his feet and don't even wash him afterwards, I don't let him drink tap water, only ever rain water and I change his diet every month, keeps them in good shape along with plenty of exercise.

if he gets it I'll have him put down.

It is causing me some concern but as i understand it it's still comparatively rare when you consider how many miles are walked by thousands of dogs every day. To avoid this disease by limitting their walks will do them more harm.

The veterinaries are unsure what causes it and thefefore struggle to treat it. The only advice i've seen given is to avoid muddy areas, difficult given the recent weather, and to wash your dog's feet afterwards

Den of Iniquity

"It is causing me some concern but as i understand it it's still comparatively rare when you consider how many miles are walked by thousands of dogs every day. To avoid this disease by limitting their walks will do them more harm.

The veterinaries are unsure what causes it and thefefore struggle to treat it. The only advice i've seen given is to avoid muddy areas, difficult given the recent weather, and to wash your dog's feet afterwards"

Sensible

yumsville

"I just let my dogs be dogs, never scrub his feet and don't even wash him afterwards, I don't let him drink tap water, only ever rain water and I change his diet every month, keeps them in good shape along with plenty of exercise.

"

When you realise putting him down will cost more than a bottle of ointment.

"I just let my dogs be dogs, never scrub his feet and don't even wash him afterwards, I don't let him drink tap water, only ever rain water and I change his diet every month, keeps them in good shape along with plenty of exercise.

When you realise putting him down will cost more than a bottle of ointment."

I'm not bothered about the cost!.

I'd rather let him be what he was born to be, he can take his chances like all the rest of us

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Recently got back from a caravan site in Essex, the place was a marsh for most of the time. We allowed her to go on the grass, but we are watching her avidly for any signs of anything unusual.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

When you realise putting him down will cost more than a bottle of ointment..

I'd rather let him be what he was born to be, he can take his chances like all the rest of us"

I don't think washing paws stops a dog 'being what he was born to be'.

I'd rather let him be what he was born to be, he can take his chances like all the rest of us

I don't think washing paws stops a dog 'being what he was born to be'."

There's no evidence it stops foot rot either.

It's just the best thing they can think of that might help.

If I had to wash his paws I'd be doing it all day as he's out all day.

Maybe I should buy him some Wellington boots

"Hibiscrub is quite drying - if you use that a lot I would use something to replace moisture occasionally.thanks for that I use tea tree oil on pooch too "

Watch the t tree oil, dog can react to it...

Neem oil is good though and lavender oil is another one. Neem oil smells a bit though. X

"I'm quite concerned by this as a first case has cropped up local to me . Do you pooch lovers worry about it . As yet nobody knows the cause only that it seems to be when dogs run around in muddy areas . Are you worried enough to stop your furbaby having fun and frolicking in the muddy grass??"

The term furbaby creeps me out

I don't think washing paws stops a dog 'being what he was born to be'."

I clean my teeth, that doesn't stop me being what i was born to be either, though it does give me minty fresh breath.

Animal welfare before laziness, please.

yumsville

I don't think washing paws stops a dog 'being what he was born to be'..

"

So washing mud off him is too much of a chore, Alabama Rot or not?

I'd think you'd maintain yourself, so why not your pet.

Den of Iniquity

I don't think washing paws stops a dog 'being what he was born to be'..

So washing mud off him is too much of a chore, Alabama Rot or not?

I'd think you'd maintain yourself, so why not your pet. "

Well said

» Add a new message to this topic