FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > That Lovehoney Advert

That Lovehoney Advert

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ubiousOatcake OP   Man  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

An advert for Lovehoney just came on the TV. (I’m watching TV with my folks, so that was awkward in and of itself.)

Anyway, the advert talks about the fact that everything is sent in discreet packaging. Except, the advert shows you the really quite specific shape of box that things arrive in.

I’m maybe being paranoid, and I realise they will use different shaped boxes, but the ones they’ve sent me so far are quite distinctive in their shape. And the label, while plain white and without the name of the company, is also fairly distinct.

Yes, if you hadn’t seen one before you wouldn’t know what it is, but if you’ve seen it in an advert for sex toys, it’s pretty obvious.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

Will each time I've ordered my stuff has been sent in different sized boxes depending on how much I bought. The only way to know what it contained was to open it.

I'd say that's pretty discreet.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Will each time I've ordered my stuff has been sent in different sized boxes depending on how much I bought. The only way to know what it contained was to open it.

I'd say that's pretty discreet."

Id agree with this..

By *urvymamaWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

"Will each time I've ordered my stuff has been sent in different sized boxes depending on how much I bought. The only way to know what it contained was to open it.

Likewise

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Am sure the pastie has far more things to worry about than the contents of the parcel they are delivering, besides which even if the parcels were all the same shape and size (which they're not) they could be a million and one other things as well.

The only person who is going to know for sure what is inside is the person that opens it.

By *tonMessCouple  over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

Yup Id agree... nothing distinctive about any of the parcels Ive had

My daughter is 20, it lead to some awkward giggling off her when we were watching tv together and that came on! I’d had a few deliveries which I’d told her were Christmas presents!

One word sprung to mind..... busted!!!

"An advert for Lovehoney just came on the TV. (I’m watching TV with my folks, so that was awkward in and of itself.)

Anyway, the advert talks about the fact that everything is sent in discreet packaging. Except, the advert shows you the really quite specific shape of box that things arrive in.

I’m maybe being paranoid, and I realise they will use different shaped boxes, but the ones they’ve sent me so far are quite distinctive in their shape. And the label, while plain white and without the name of the company, is also fairly distinct.

Yes, if you hadn’t seen one before you wouldn’t know what it is, but if you’ve seen it in an advert for sex toys, it’s pretty obvious."

It’s definitely discreet

By *khot1Couple  over a year ago

somewhere over the rainbow

Who cares if it's discreet or not... Unless your buying the new pussyslayer650 with accessories does it really matter.

Doncaster

From mentions on other threads the OP is very protective over his secret little world of fab

Which is probably the source of his concern, god knows why, as ordering a sex toy etc hardly blows your cover as a swinger

By *ave-and-LouiseCouple  over a year ago

Torquay

We've bought quite a few bits from Lovehoney over the years and never had any concerns about discretion to be honest. We've even had our neighbours put down as the 'safe place' for if we're not in.

Aberdeenshire

"We've bought quite a few bits from Lovehoney over the years and never had any concerns about discretion to be honest. We've even had our neighbours put down as the 'safe place' for if we're not in. "
Thats the thing, though. Without the advert, your neighbours would never have a clue what it is. I can’t help but think that some people will be found out over the heads of the advert.

"From mentions on other threads the OP is very protective over his secret little world of fab

Which is probably the source of his concern, god knows why, as ordering a sex toy etc hardly blows your cover as a swinger "

Erm, no, I would’ve thought it was perfectly obvious that I’m not concerned about that giving away my other activities. But my neighbours often take parcels for me. My parents often come into my flat while I’m out, to pick up / drop off the dog. I don’t really want any of them having any idea about some of the things I might spend my money in. I don’t really think it’s fair to have a pop at me for choosing to be very discreet, either.

Doncaster

Wasn’t having a pop

Just stating it’s quite obvious you’re very protective of yourself

"Wasn’t having a pop

"

To be fair, it read to me a little like a pop.

"We've bought quite a few bits from Lovehoney over the years and never had any concerns about discretion to be honest. We've even had our neighbours put down as the 'safe place' for if we're not in. Thats the thing, though. Without the advert, your neighbours would never have a clue what it is. I can’t help but think that some people will be found out over the heads of the advert.

From mentions on other threads the OP is very protective over his secret little world of fab

Which is probably the source of his concern, god knows why, as ordering a sex toy etc hardly blows your cover as a swinger Erm, no, I would’ve thought it was perfectly obvious that I’m not concerned about that giving away my other activities. But my neighbours often take parcels for me. My parents often come into my flat while I’m out, to pick up / drop off the dog. I don’t really want any of them having any idea about some of the things I might spend my money in. I don’t really think it’s fair to have a pop at me for choosing to be very discreet, either."

And I don't honestly think in either situation your neighbours and/or parents would be any the wiser regardless of the advert - from the shape of the box it could be anything from a pair of shoes, to Airfix model kits to a monster size butt plug and gimp mask for all they know!!

Doncaster

"Wasn’t having a pop

To be fair, it read to me a little like a pop. "

Yea it was a little more curt than intended

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

The packaging is discreet. I reckon you'd need to study the advert carefully or buy from there yourself to recognise it.

I take the point though.

Here is an example of our very discreet packaging for the nationwide television audience.

It's not reassuring.

The packaging is discreet but I think it's Lovehoney stuff that comes with a small logo on the packaging..LH Trading or something like?

The postman will know where it's from if that concerns anybody.

By *orticiaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

I'd say that's pretty discreet.

Yup Id agree... nothing distinctive about any of the parcels Ive had"

Mine are usually in rectangular boxes, similar to a shoe box kind of shape, so could easily be shoes. I don’t recall ever getting any other shape box from them - plus I’ve ordered a lot of stuff from them over a lot of years & still couldn’t describe the labelling!

I don’t think they could be any more discreet - although yes, a national TV ad isn’t exactly discretion lol!!

It says LH trading on it. Might as well come in a branded box

Depends on your neighbours I think. If they are the nosey type then any box would make them suspicious.

I've had plain boxes from LH and Ebay. Some were 'dodgy' and some weren't.

I understand your concerns about wanting to be private and discreet.

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

Only people who will recognise the packaging and labels are those who have purchased from there.

I would happily have stuff delivered to family members houses if I knew I wasn’t going to be at home. My elderly parents wouldn’t have clue who LH trading are!

Will the postie know where your parcel is from? See above! Hubby is a postie and his partner who works with him daily once said he’d love to know who LH trading are as they deliver so many of their parcels. Hubby didn’t enlighten him.

They send a pretty big box for my 50” dildo

By *ifty grades of shadyCouple  over a year ago

Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

The boxes they send stuff in aren't unique to Lovehoney, their type are used by other businesses too. The type of label is also used by other business also, those that have the same sort of contracted service with the Post Office.

To the OP who said about people having access to their home, how do you know with absolute certainty that they haven't inadvertently stumbled upon your secret and have chosen not mention it? Just being devil's advocate on this

By *ovingittwoCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

"We've bought quite a few bits from Lovehoney over the years and never had any concerns about discretion to be honest. We've even had our neighbours put down as the 'safe place' for if we're not in. "

Us too! A few weeks ago the neighbours one side had a vibrator of ours and the ones opposite body stockings and crutchless knickers!!

I've always had plain boxes, never an issue with the labeling nor any inclination as to what's inside it.

"They send a pretty big box for my 50” dildo"

I hope it's a cock shaped box.

A friend had a massive dildo sent to her work address. She forgot that they x-ray all parcels..........

"They send a pretty big box for my 50” dildo

A friend had a massive dildo sent to her work address. She forgot that they x-ray all parcels.........."

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

"We've bought quite a few bits from Lovehoney over the years and never had any concerns about discretion to be honest. We've even had our neighbours put down as the 'safe place' for if we're not in. Thats the thing, though. Without the advert, your neighbours would never have a clue what it is. I can’t help but think that some people will be found out over the heads of the advert.

Which is probably the source of his concern, god knows why, as ordering a sex toy etc hardly blows your cover as a swinger Erm, no, I would’ve thought it was perfectly obvious that I’m not concerned about that giving away my other activities. But my neighbours often take parcels for me. My parents often come into my flat while I’m out, to pick up / drop off the dog. I don’t really want any of them having any idea about some of the things I might spend my money in. I don’t really think it’s fair to have a pop at me for choosing to be very discreet, either."

You seem way too uptight. Even your parents have sex !

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

Has a vision of a big box being deliverd with

Acme vibrators in large letters on the box,

As in the road runner cartoons

By *oloandsaabWoman  over a year ago

Essex

found out? for what? buying lingerie or toys? get a grip we are all adults ffs

By *arnayguyMan  over a year ago

Durham Tees

"My daughter is 20, it lead to some awkward giggling off her when we were watching tv together and that came on! I’d had a few deliveries which I’d told her were Christmas presents!

One word sprung to mind..... busted!!! "

Another word sprung to mind..... buzzzzzzzted!!!

Aberdeenshire

A fair few folk missing the point. I know the packaging is discreet if you’ve never seen it before. It’s the plastering of that exact packaging across a nationwide advertising scheme that I’m uncomfortable with.

Yes, there will be people who are none the wiser. I acknowledged as much in the OP. I just don’t think it’s a smart move by LH.

I’m also not saying that it’s the end of the world. It was an observation.

"They send a pretty big box for my 50” dildo

A friend had a massive dildo sent to her work address. She forgot that they x-ray all parcels.........."

Haha amazing!

"A fair few folk missing the point. I know the packaging is discreet if you’ve never seen it before. It’s the plastering of that exact packaging across a nationwide advertising scheme that I’m uncomfortable with.

Yes, there will be people who are none the wiser. I acknowledged as much in the OP. I just don’t think it’s a smart move by LH.

I’m also not saying that it’s the end of the world. It was an observation."

Looking at it from a slightly different angle - perhaps the inclusion of an example of their packaging in a national TV advert is designed to reassure prospective buyers, who may otherwise have been concerned, that their packaging is exactly as they say discreet and indistinguishable from any other parcel

Aberdeenshire

Yes, I’m aware of why they did it.

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

"A fair few folk missing the point. I know the packaging is discreet if you’ve never seen it before. It’s the plastering of that exact packaging across a nationwide advertising scheme that I’m uncomfortable with.

I’m also not saying that it’s the end of the world. It was an observation.

Looking at it from a slightly different angle - perhaps the inclusion of an example of their packaging in a national TV advert is designed to reassure prospective buyers, who may otherwise have been concerned, that their packaging is exactly as they say discreet and indistinguishable from any other parcel "

And another way of looking at it is that those who are paranoid about people seeing that they enjoy a fulfilling sex life can refrain from ordering from love honey and go pay a visit to their local sex shop instead

» Add a new message to this topic