FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > how brilliant was Sharpe??? Still is...

how brilliant was Sharpe??? Still is...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

keep catching it on Yesterday and cant do anything else til its finished! Sean Beans never been better - except possibly for the Red Riding Trilogy. Just thought id get it off my chest

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I like Sharpie markers.

"I like Sharpie markers."

I remember you do - apparantley to play noughts and crosses on the head of the fortunate fella going down on you!

By *razydriver8Couple  over a year ago

plymouth

sean bean... first saw him in lady C's lover,,, ohh

nuff said....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I love the sharpe books.. and Think sean bean is great.

cali

oh yeah i forgot about lady chatterleys lover!

And i keep meaning to read the sharpe books but everytime i pick 1 up to buy i always stop myself cos im worried the tv series was too good and the books might suffer in comparison! And im normally someone who always prefers the book to the film/tv series!

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Met Bernard Cornwell once. He's very small!

By *athnBobCouple  over a year ago

sandwell

"oh yeah i forgot about lady chatterleys lover!

And i keep meaning to read the sharpe books but everytime i pick 1 up to buy i always stop myself cos im worried the tv series was too good and the books might suffer in comparison! And im normally someone who always prefers the book to the film/tv series! "

The books are way better (and make more sense) especially the ones set in India. "Sharpes Gold" on TV was nothing like the book and was complete twoddle to boot.

I agree with the post above, the books (audio books in this case) are far better than the tv program and I love those and have the box set.

If you have a decent commute to work like I used to have download them. You won't be disappointed. More action, more gore, more women.

Also if you like those you will love the Saxon stories.

If you get the chance to see Bean in 'When saturday Comes'...you'll probably wish you hadnt - more ham than a hog...

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple  over a year ago

London

Love the show, and I am good friends with Rifleman Harris,

It was a good show, but as he and I both agree, the ending was very poorly directed, the last two episodes were terrible and his death scene was complete rubbish.

All that build up to such a crappy ending at Waterloo. At least give them a heroes death, it is after all a drama series.

By *orestersCouple  over a year ago

The Forest

"Love the show, and I am good friends with Rifleman Harris,

It was a good show, but as he and I both agree, the ending was very poorly directed, the last two episodes were terrible and his death scene was complete rubbish.

All that build up to such a crappy ending at Waterloo. At least give them a heroes death, it is after all a drama series."

Love the Sharpe books and I think the televised versions of the earlier Napoleonic series are good, but the later ones were a different producer, and not as true to the books.

I thought the death scene with Harris and Hagman when they died together holding hands was very moving and very simply done, which I thought suited their characters.

Good scribbler, that Bernard Cornwell.

im deffo going to be checking out the books guys cos after all now i get to hear and visualise the characters which should enhance the experience tenfold! thanks guys!

And now its been mentioned i do remember the later episodes being nowhere near as good as the napoleonic wars but then we do do fighting the french so well with all the practice we've had! Lol

And you'd think with his stature mr cornwell would have felt a bit more for napoleon cos he is made out to be a conniving ruthless little twat in the tv series but then again thats just probably reflective of the general english attitude towards the french at the time...

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Ooooh i think that Mr Sharpe bloke is a real naughty boy i do *said in a west country accent*

By *athnBobCouple  over a year ago

sandwell

"Ooooh i think that Mr Sharpe bloke is a real naughty boy i do *said in a west country accent* "

Except in the books he is raven haired and from a london slum ...bet that spoilt it for you

If you are going to read the books then read the India based stories first. Unlike the TV series they are set when sharpe was only a Sargent (the tv series indian stories are set after waterloo)

I love the Sharpe books, everything that has been said is true (books better than than film, but that's always the case).

Both have done brilliant other work too, the American Civil war stuff is good (Redcoat is an old revolutionary war book which is worth finding). The Arthurian books are actualy my fave by Cornwell.

Sean Bean was also great in Ronin too....

"keep catching it on Yesterday and cant do anything else til its finished! Sean Beans never been better - except possibly for the Red Riding Trilogy. Just thought id get it off my chest "

used to be an avid viewer of sharpe.....but then he had me served with an injunction to stop me

» Add a new message to this topic