FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Gaddafi capture

Gaddafi capture

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Libya is reporting Gaddafi has been captured….

I hope the people of Libya can now find their peace.....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eppersCouple  over a year ago

telford

They should shoot him, or is going to be another trial, that will make a mockery of the judicial system.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Can't see him lasting long if they have.

"They should shoot him, or is going to be another trial, that will make a mockery of the judicial system."

The person they should actually shoot is the one that has been telling him for the last 10 years that raybans and a 'just for men' black beard and wet perm is an acceptable look !

By *eppersCouple  over a year ago

telford

bus wanker pmsl like it very funny.

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Just been on the news that he has died after being shot in the legs

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

"Just been on the news that he has died after being shot in the legs"

BBC news is saying captured and wounded

when will the special forces work out that cross eyed snipers are not the way forward !

Glad to see they got him in the legs as a clear head shot would have missed his brain by six feet.....

No independent verification its him though

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Yep unconfirmed, wish they'd make their minds up

What do you get when you cross a dead tyrant with a shit rapper?

Gaddappy.

By *ldestswingerintownMan  over a year ago

Lancaster

seems he's definitely dead - well, it saves the cost of a trial, I suppose!

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I hope the news of his death, which removes the need for his prosecution, will in some way help towards speeding-up the massive reconciliation process now needed within Libya …….

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I am not really getting all this debate in the news about how Gaddafi was killed and if it was right or wrong...

Wasn't the reason he was captured because we (I say we as we part of NATO) had just tried to bomb the fucker of the face of the earth during an air strike on his convoy?

Its interesting how the rest of the world are getting over excited about how Gaddafi was killed....yet the Libyans arent worried and now just want to get back to their normal lives!!

Perhaps we should belt up and leave them to rebuilding their country. And tell Amnesty and the various governments to shove their enquiries??

"I am not really getting all this debate in the news about how Gaddafi was killed and if it was right or wrong...

Wasn't the reason he was captured because we (I say we as we part of NATO) had just tried to bomb the fucker of the face of the earth during an air strike on his convoy?"

What is the difference between him and 'us' if we are going to shoot the people we don't like in the head ( or accept our allies doing it). Especially as a few months ago he was an ally of 'ours'. I can understand trying to use force against someone who is evading capture. If a police officer in New York shot an armed robber who was making their escape they won't be any fuss. What would be the reaction if he arrested him then shot him in the head?

"Its interesting how the rest of the world are getting over excited about how Gaddafi was killed....yet the Libyans arent worried and now just want to get back to their normal lives!!

Perhaps we should belt up and leave them to rebuilding their country. And tell Amnesty and the various governments to shove their enquiries??"

+1 All the western world is interested in is the oil and if they can influence the next government there

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

unlikely that the said police officer would have had direct family members or friends who have been tortured, raped and slaughtered by the armed robber over several decades.

not excusing executing anyone, but its absolutely understandable given the mudering fuckers history (regardless of who he was 'on side' with internationally)

"unlikely that the said police officer would have had direct family members or friends who have been tortured, raped and slaughtered by the armed robber over several decades.

not excusing executing anyone, but its absolutely understandable given the mudering fuckers history (regardless of who he was 'on side' with internationally) "

Understanding their fury should not equal celebrating it

By *eaboMan  over a year ago

marden

was he killed by his own people as reported? It would not have been good for him to have died in the allied airstrike.

in Lancashire

"unlikely that the said police officer would have had direct family members or friends who have been tortured, raped and slaughtered by the armed robber over several decades.

not excusing executing anyone, but its absolutely understandable given the mudering fuckers history (regardless of who he was 'on side' with internationally)

Understanding their fury should not equal celebrating it"

not doing so personally, again if you had been in their position would you still be maintaining a high moral position?

not digging you out and respect to what is a commendable view which by and large i share...

but and i say this having a friend whose family fled Iraq many years ago and who cant visit her uncle's and her 2 male cousins grave cos they dont know where that particular regime dumped their bodies after they were extensivelly tortured..

she would have stepped forward and kicked sadams chair away and watched him swing even after all that time and who are we to say thats wrong?

we are so lucky living in our society, we can take such a stance which does allow us to rise above such behaviour...

or would it be different if we were in 'their' position, living in countries where to be a trades unionist or journalist means you dissapear..

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

It shouldn't really be about whether we think it is right or wrong based on our society and out values... to answer the questions about his death you really need to set it in the context of the country, what has been happening there and the model of acceptable behaviour much of which had been set by Gaddafi.

Was it right or wrong depends very much on the culture and social norms of the people where it happened.

Do we get our £300,000,000 back that was spent on this operation back from the Libyans now?

We can't afford a thing but can always another war or two.

And why do we leave our principles at the door when it suits us?

"It shouldn't really be about whether we think it is right or wrong based on our society and out values... to answer the questions about his death you really need to set it in the context of the country, what has been happening there and the model of acceptable behaviour much of which had been set by Gaddafi.

Was it right or wrong depends very much on the culture and social norms of the people where it happened."

Yes but our rationale for meddling in their affairs is that we want them to have "our" values of supposed justice, democracy and fair play.

Strangely when it suits the purpose of bumping off someone we don't like we can ignore those for a while before turning on the "international policeman" role again.

in Lancashire

seems to be the thing to do for new pm's

"

The person they should actually shoot is the one that has been telling him for the last 10 years that raybans and a 'just for men' black beard and wet perm is an acceptable look ! - [that could be Tom Jones in 20 years! Wolf]"

it weren't the same chap that advised Jacko was it?

Wolf

[Removed by poster at 23/10/11 12:22:46]

Yes the man was evil yes he deserved to face punishment and death in my opinion

But did the papers really have to glorify his death with the pics they did?

The media are so outta of order somtimes

"It shouldn't really be about whether we think it is right or wrong based on our society and out values... to answer the questions about his death you really need to set it in the context of the country, what has been happening there and the model of acceptable behaviour much of which had been set by Gaddafi.

Was it right or wrong depends very much on the culture and social norms of the people where it happened."

You right. I can understand celebrations in Libya just not here

in Lancashire

[Removed by poster at 23/10/11 12:29:23]

in Lancashire

[Removed by poster at 23/10/11 12:29:25]

in Lancashire

Was it right or wrong depends very much on the culture and social norms of the people where it happened.

You right. I can understand celebrations in Libya just not here"

only saw ex pat Libyans celebrating here

not doing so personally, again if you had been in their position would you still be maintaining a high moral position?

not digging you out and respect to what is a commendable view which by and large i share...

but and i say this having a friend whose family fled Iraq many years ago and who cant visit her uncle's and her 2 male cousins grave cos they dont know where that particular regime dumped their bodies after they were extensivelly tortured..

she would have stepped forward and kicked sadams chair away and watched him swing even after all that time and who are we to say thats wrong?

we are so lucky living in our society, we can take such a stance which does allow us to rise above such behaviour...

or would it be different if we were in 'their' position, living in countries where to be a trades unionist or journalist means you dissapear..

"

But we are not in their position so we should be uncomfortable with it.

only saw ex pat Libyans celebrating here"

I've seen people who don't even know what continent Libya is on celebrate here!

in Lancashire

But we are not in their position so we should be uncomfortable with it."

uncomfortable? of course but can see why they did so.

uncomfortable with the death of a 2 year old in China and with the thousands of other children who died of malnutrition, thirst and preventable disease in the same moment yet go largely ignored

uncomfortable with lots of things which we as the 'human' race do to each other and other species and the world we inhabit

do you honestly think his demise was not inevitable after a 'trial', may have done him a favour than losing control of his bodily functions as he was hanged...shit choice but he took his path in life and got what he probably deserved imho

in Lancashire

I've seen people who don't even know what continent Libya is on celebrate here!"

how do you know that, do their profiles say they are geographically ignorant lol

not a good opening line....

in Lancashire

going to put on ours...

crap at dead hard sums !

I've seen people who don't even know what continent Libya is on celebrate here!

how do you know that, do their profiles say they are geographically ignorant lol

not a good opening line...."

Sorry meant here as in this Country (friends etc) not fab. I should know better than to refer to a world outside of here (as in fab) lol

in Lancashire

there is only fab

it is the centre of the whole known universe

"there is only fab

"

I know, just lost my marbles for a sec

in Lancashire

"there is only fab

I know, just lost my marbles for a sec "

easily done m8, mine went decades ago

I was quite sickened watching the footage of his capture and treatment prior to them blowing his brains out . Despite his crimes.

in Lancashire

"I was quite sickened watching the footage of his capture and treatment prior to them blowing his brains out . Despite his crimes. "

agreed, bit of a mirror in to the soul when you see human behaviour at its most base

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

Im not gay...not even curious. but I have always wondered what it was like having someone shoot up my shit pipe.

"I was quite sickened watching the footage of his capture and treatment prior to them blowing his brains out . Despite his crimes. "

I can understand the rage his captors felt at all the people Gaddafi killed whilst in power - plus the 40,000 Libyans that have died liberating it from Gadaffi, but I still felt a twinge of revulsion at the way they executed him. Far better to have hauled his ass in court and let justice have it's way with him, although I suspect he would have met much the same fate even after a lengthy 'fair' trial.

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

He deserved what he got..it was war, you live by the sword...

Yeah....does seem to be some mixed messages...

If they wanted him in the Hague, they wouldn`t try and bomb the fucker...

Tis curious..

in Lancashire

"Yeah....does seem to be some mixed messages...

Tis curious.."

adams or mcguinness would have done him before he got on the stand

"Yeah....does seem to be some mixed messages...

Tis curious..

adams or mcguinness would have done him before he got on the stand "

haha yeah you`ve cut to the chase in some ways...alot of dirty secrets went with him eh !..

I`m not intimating to a conspiracy...but it sure helps save some blushes and ruined reputations..

» Add a new message to this topic