FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > ipads tablets ect

ipads tablets ect

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ortheastcoupleuk OP   Couple  over a year ago

easington were the sun dont shine

was looking at the ipad but see they dont support flash and been told the motorola zoom is the best out at the moment, any one know much about them???.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

No Apple mobile device supports Flash and never will.

You can also add every product that runs the next version of Windows mobile as they have stopped support for Flash as well.

My mate has a Zoom and loves it, looks pretty nice to. Isn't as slick as the iPad though.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"was looking at the ipad but see they dont support flash and been told the motorola zoom is the best out at the moment, any one know much about them???."

I use an ipad2. You are correct, it doesn't support flash. This is because apple don't like flash. My understanding is that Microsoft in their future windows 8 release, will also not support flash as they feel it is "old" technology. However the transference to HTML 5 (a way of browsing and viewing websites that contain videos, or animations without the use of a plugin (flash is classed as a plugin), has been slow.

In terms of what my iPad can do compared to any other tablet, I couldn't really say, it is powerful, it is useful, but it will not replace my laptop at this time. As I work overseas (yawn, how many times do I say that in a post), the ipa has been wonderful, my music collection travels with me, as does a vast collection of books and other media. I can play monopoly, do my expenses claims, use it as a satnav, and countless other tasks, all in a 1.5kg package.

The apple app store is currently the most comprehensive (it has 100,000's of thousands of apps, android apps are more limited), however not all those apps are great (very few actually)

Before buying a tablet, ask yourself what you want to use it for, and then investigate which one suits that purpose.

» Add a new message to this topic