FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > A bad apple

A bad apple

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Apple users have hit back after many encountered problems while trying to install the new iPhone iOS 5 software shortly after it launched last night.

Thousands of iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad and third and fourth generation iPod Touch users were left scratching their heads as error messages appeared on screens across the world, while others reported that the brand new update took too long to download.

‘Error 3200’ and 'Error 3004' were trending topics on Twitter last night as users were desperate to seek guidance from others while updating their devices with the latest software.

The error code appears during iOS 5 installation when a request for authorisation from an updating device fails to be fulfilled by Apple’s servers, according to the firm.

Apple said that the issue stemmed from the massive amount of simultaneous attempts from users trying to download the new software.

Apple users were quick to express their frustration at the botched download. One unnamed user posted on an Apple forum that it would take 37 hours to download the 637.3MB software.

“Steve Jobs has only been gone a few days and we are already experiencing the start of the techpocalypse,”

F.A.F.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

Apple and Blackberry Crumble at the minute innit!

No problems upgrading here by the way.

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Presumably the same fuckwits who stood outside Apple shops with wee candles burning in their screens will be heading back as an angry mob demanding customer satisfaction from a a global corporation who cares nothing for the technological problem on their device.

"Apple and Blackberry Crumble at the minute innit!

No problems upgrading here by the way."

Hat to put it up as it had me almost pissing myself.

The funniest comment is the one saying that you can't really expect sheep to get it right lol

"Presumably the same fuckwits who stood outside Apple shops with wee candles burning in their screens will be heading back as an angry mob demanding customer satisfaction from a a global corporation who cares nothing for the technological problem on their device."

They will be bleating.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Something else to note.

Compare media coverage of apple + blackberry's issues over the last couple of days. Which gets the easier, less critical, ride?

Ipad has (apparently) only just got a "proper" facebook app.

Blackberry get knocked for "lack of apps".

The lesson here is not to trust the media - there is ALWAYS spin.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Small piece of advice.

Never update your device blindly, always find out what the update will do for you and wait a while/month ? to see if it causes any problems

I think I am so glad I only just got the Iphone4 as all this technobabble would have me confused and I would spend more time on here for support than sex

Updated my iPhone 3 hours ish updated wife's iPod 40 mins

Now updating wife's iPhone erm...... I'll be back lol

* CreEpS roUnD GrAveYarD -|-

By *omnlynneCouple  over a year ago

milton keynes

updated my iphone 4 and ipad last night no probs done both in less then an hour and downloaded and installed os lion tonight on my macbook 30 mins start to finish cant see what all the fuss is about

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Im so glad i dont do technology.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Am I meant to be downloading an update then?

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Thank fuck i havent got an iphone or ipad....i did buy an ipod when they came out and i have to say its the biggest pile of shite

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

Its simple, let the first wave adopt these things and then once bugs are fixed then upgrade.

Apple! .Evil to its core! Look what it did to Snow White with just one bite!

I've never owned an Apple product so have never experienced a problem with one. kinda sums it up for me.

"I've never owned an Apple product so have never experienced a problem with one. kinda sums it up for me. "

You mean you have never paid twice what something is worth just because it has an apple logo on it? You haven't lived!

"I've never owned an Apple product so have never experienced a problem with one. kinda sums it up for me.

You mean you have never paid twice what something is worth just because it has an apple logo on it? You haven't lived! "

When Apple develop a device small enough to fit into the small pocket in the front of my jeans but can project a 19" screen and a normal qwerty keyboard holographically, I'll but it, but until then I think I'll keep hold of my Cherry.

» Add a new message to this topic