FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sapiosexual

Sapiosexual

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Seeking a sapio like myself for intelligent conversation. I'm no brainiac but I get bored if I can't have a decent chat with someone. Seems quite hard to find in here as most profiles don't tell you anything about the person, only what they don't want from others... guess that's because of the disproportionate number of females. I was losing faith in fab but had it restored by meeting classy intelligent women. Thought I'd try my hand at finding some more

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

You sound like a smart guy. Why not try asking them what you want to know

"You sound like a smart guy. Why not try asking them what you want to know "

I do. They're hard to find though. And as I say, it's not made any easier as a lot of profiles don't tell you anything about the person, more what they don't want. Makes it really hard for me as a general rule I don't like people who define themselves as being opposed to stuff. Much more interested in people who are pro-stuff

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"You sound like a smart guy. Why not try asking them what you want to know

I do. They're hard to find though. And as I say, it's not made any easier as a lot of profiles don't tell you anything about the person, more what they don't want. Makes it really hard for me as a general rule I don't like people who define themselves as being opposed to stuff. Much more interested in people who are pro-stuff"

I would agree with being more intrigued by pro than anti attitudes. I have to say though, OP that your threads often smack a little (to me, and I appreciate it’s solely my opinion) of the moan which interestingly makes you come across a tad negative. It’s all a little “oh this is hard work” rather than giving me something that appeals as to why finding you would be worthwhile. I tend to find those that are truly stimulated by erudite and meaningful topics also steer well clear of brandishing the title sapiosexual as a badge of honour. The only thing I really know about you is that you call yourself sapiosexual, you’re fed up of the site and want intelligent women....is that really it?

"You sound like a smart guy. Why not try asking them what you want to know

I do. They're hard to find though. And as I say, it's not made any easier as a lot of profiles don't tell you anything about the person, more what they don't want. Makes it really hard for me as a general rule I don't like people who define themselves as being opposed to stuff. Much more interested in people who are pro-stuff

I would agree with being more intrigued by pro than anti attitudes. I have to say though, OP that your threads often smack a little (to me, and I appreciate it’s solely my opinion) of the moan which interestingly makes you come across a tad negative. It’s all a little “oh this is hard work” rather than giving me something that appeals as to why finding you would be worthwhile. I tend to find those that are truly stimulated by erudite and meaningful topics also steer well clear of brandishing the title sapiosexual as a badge of honour. The only thing I really know about you is that you call yourself sapiosexual, you’re fed up of the site and want intelligent women....is that really it?"

I can see your point. Irony eh? Yeah I try not to be negative and these are nit meant to be moany threads. More me trying to be objective and honest. As I do with all things.

I admit life is hard though, and if you're unique in your way of thinking, it is hard finding people who are similar. I get this in all aspects of my life, not just here. One of the things I love about my life is that I very rarely find someone one who I really connect with, but when I do, it feels all that more special.

I'll start by saying: It's a lot easier to communicate positivity when you're having a positive experience. A lot of women criticise the negativity of men on here forgetting it's a completely different experience on here for us. When you're met with a lot of rudeness and aggressive responses to what are essentially compliments, you do get a little jaded.

In no way am I brandishing sapio as a badge of honour though. I put it on my profile as people who can hold a decent conversation interest me more. This being an attempt to flush some out, not pretentiously lord myself over others

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Can I make a suggestion.

Purely personally I really don't like the self appointed intellectual snobbery that goes with people describing themselves as saipo.

It's a bit self defeating. Saipos are attracted to intelligence. It says nothing of their own intellectual capabilities.

Drop it it can come across as both negative and a little arrogant.

Just be yourself.

"Can I make a suggestion.

Purely personally I really don't like the self appointed intellectual snobbery that goes with people describing themselves as saipo.

It's a bit self defeating. Saipos are attracted to intelligence. It says nothing of their own intellectual capabilities.

Just be yourself."

Why though? Do you have any other issues with labels that people have given themselves? Like if I said I was a sporty guy looking for sporty women would that mean I am saying I'm fitter than anyone else? Or do I have to be physically fit to be into sports? Can't I just be a fan?

I'm not arrogant, negative or intelligent... okay maybe a little bit negative/cynical but not the other two. Just because I am seeking one thing, doesn't mean that I am opposed to anyone else that doesn't fit into that criteria. I love good conversation with people who are open and liberal in their way of thinking. I did start a thread about this as well but just the usual abuse

Just be yourself."

You're right.

I'm only interested in Mastermind winners, and I'm as thick as shit.

Just be yourself.

You're right.

I'm only interested in Mastermind winners, and I'm as thick as shit.

"

Using the Bristol poo chart, how thick is the shit you're as thick as?

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Seeking a sapio like myself for intelligent conversation. I'm no brainiac but I get bored if I can't have a decent chat with someone. Seems quite hard to find in here as most profiles don't tell you anything about the person, only what they don't want from others... guess that's because of the disproportionate number of females. I was losing faith in fab but had it restored by meeting classy intelligent women. Thought I'd try my hand at finding some more"

Well you just need to find them the way you found the previous one's. There's lot's of intelligent ladies on here from what I can see from the forum's,hopefully you can keep them interested as well.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

I particularly enjoy profiles whos authors claim to be one and then feel the need to explain what it means.

By *olarfoxMan  over a year ago

North Cambs

"I particularly enjoy profiles whos authors claim to be one and then feel the need to explain what it means. "

I have met lots of hugely intelligent and interesting individuals off Fab - both single and couples.

I generally feel that you can gauge this very early on in any exchange of messages - If you only want to meet these kinds of people then you simply have to ensure that you decide to limit your encounters to meeting people with whom your are already sharing intelligent conversation at the messaging stage.

Personally I like to meet all kinds of people and don't feel the need to 'filter' on the basis of intellectual intelligence...

» Add a new message to this topic