FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Unemployed - second time!.

Unemployed - second time!.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ENGUY OP   Man  over a year ago

Hull

Just when I though I'd got a lifeline back into work almost 4 weeks ago, folowing 7 months Unemployment, the company saw fit to "release" me from training this morning!

Yes, I was struggling with some of the technical aspects of the call centre campaign and whilst my Team Leaders and my training coach had seen improvements & importantly had faith in me making the grade, the "client" for whom my employers handled their telesales, and who've been monitoring the progress of us 10 new starters, dictated otherwise.

In their eyes, I had to go. Out of the 10 of us, another two have dropped out.

All isn't lost for me however. The Group Training Manager said she'd identified crucial skills which are better suited to other types of sales campaigns, and she's recommended my name in emails to team managers and HR today for upcoming campaigns starting in about a month.

I have of course started looking for work just in case; already have one inter_iew lined up next week.

But I'm kinda feeling a tad deflated tonight. Get lively folks, I need cheering up on here!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *razydriver8Couple  over a year ago

plymouth

ohhh Gen, ( huggggggggsss) and as the swinging saying goes..

" its their loss..."

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Gen no wonder you feel a bit deflated today

Fingers crossed that something good comes from those that have shown you support and recognised your skills xx

Bad luck mate but I'm sure ya will pull through xx

By *DSRMan  over a year ago

leicester

Don't give up on trying, ever! if we gave up on trying we'd never get anything worth having, or keep anything worth having, so don't give up trying... EVER

good luck next time mate

Gen, am sure that the right job will not pass you by, best thing I can say is use the experience you have gained, and take it with you to the next one

dont give up, I spent 9 months out of work, ended up working for a commercial cleaning contractor, as a cleaner, now after 10 months, got promoted again, waiting for my company vehicle, and all the other perks that go with it.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Are they the only client or is it a multi campaign site with other clients... is there less complex campaigns that require less transactional activity.

Did they run a graduation bay that breaks down the productivity measures as your go through a learning curve for say the first two months. Most do this now, you remain in your training group whilst you start taking live calls so that there is peer to peer encouragement.

Did they offer additional coaching.

Were you employed via an agency or direct onto their headcount, if agency.. do they have other clients they serve that they can place you to.

Sorry to hear your news, chin up and hope they are able to place you on another activity

dont give up mate, us brits have too stick together, if blair n brown and now slimy dave put a stop on us being the dumping ground ov europe and the commonwealth we,d all be ok, im a welder and working on site in manchester, spanish main buillder sub out too german firms employing poles hungarians and czech! Dont see these countries in afghan? what a european union! Keep ur head up mate

One door closes another one opens, so good luck with the next opportunity.

By *ENGUY OP   Man  over a year ago

Hull

"Are they the only client or is it a multi campaign site with other clients... is there less complex campaigns that require less transactional activity.

Did they run a graduation bay that breaks down the productivity measures as your go through a learning curve for say the first two months. Most do this now, you remain in your training group whilst you start taking live calls so that there is peer to peer encouragement.

Did they offer additional coaching.

Were you employed via an agency or direct onto their headcount, if agency.. do they have other clients they serve that they can place you to.

Sorry to hear your news, chin up and hope they are able to place you on another activity"

Just to answer your questions; the company has a multi client portfolio, but all other clients are fully covered at present. However, two have had contracts extended by a couple of years each, and it is on either of those that I've been recommended for joining in 3-4 wks.

They did not run what you termed as a graduation bay, nor was our new group placed together - we were all on differing shifts, and allocated desks within existing personnel.

They had started extra coaching for me, and were prepared to continue doing so, but the finicky client, who on test monitoring my calls, only "saw" the 20% I was failing on and not the bigger 80% I was doing well in. They _iewed me as not going to make the grade and requested my removal; simple as that.

Crazy thing is that the Client's Head Office telesales agents get 6 weeks training before going "live" on calls; we got 6 days, with a further 6 weeks to settle in! I was employed direct.

I will put it down to experience and _iew it constructively; at least I learnt some more skills, and for a change, I appreciated the feedback and rating of what skills I displayed, which they were more than happy with.

Good luck i'm sure better days are im sure just around the corner.Being in sales myself trust me youre better out than in,.56 hr week's huge targets to meet.Take youre time when looking for future employment.It will happen trust me, just be patient and remeber when you go for a inter_iew,its not just what they offer you but what they can offer you ..good luck ....take care

Sorry to hear that Gen, really hope something comes up and you will be happy

Good luck mate.

Missed this yesterday...

Sorry chap on yer news...look fer the opportunities...

Respect fer sharing yer vunerability with us..

I`ve 2 inter_iews today myself...

Gota keep trying eh %*

Just to add to the good wishes and to hope that you may have "dodged a bullet" with one employer and find something better with another.

Keep the kettle on and your chin up as the storm blows over. Something will turn up and when it does you'll look back and think "Thank the Lord I didn't end up doing that job".

Good luck and good hunting!!

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

Oi oi Gen... Just read this and sorry to hear it. Remember how gee'd up you were when you got it, just a shame to hear it's all gone TI!

I am sort of in the same position as you for various reasons and am looking, but only had ONE answer! Hope you find something quickly, perhaps the new inter_iew is the pavement of gold?

Good luck matey

Genuinely sorry to hear that mate. I'm lucky enough to have a good job, but I know they aren't easy to come by. Would be devestated if I lost it.

go to your local jobcentre and state how you feel, whats happened and the why's. Request a training programme that will give you confidence, up in the northeast there is training call centre's, they give you the basic knowledge and harness what you have to give. http://www.ccpro.co.uk/ they have a local contract with npower. No harm in contacting to enquire.

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"dont give up mate, us brits have too stick together, if blair n brown and now slimy dave put a stop on us being the dumping ground ov europe and the commonwealth we,d all be ok, im a welder and working on site in manchester, spanish main buillder sub out too german firms employing poles hungarians and czech! Dont see these countries in afghan? what a european union! Keep ur head up mate "

Erm, yeah.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Statistic-based decisions are a fact of life these days - especially in call centre situations. Hopefully the next thing that turns up has a performance measurement that you feel is more appropriate for you.

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Statistic-based decisions are a fact of life these days "

Sadly true. along with automated recruitment processes which look for the 'buzzwords' on a CV rather than the person behind it.

I personally feel the "Michael Douglas in Falling Down" solution is the future.

N.B - May harm future employment prospects.

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

Genguy, was that you quoted on Radio 2 this lunchtime? Seemed to have your DNA on it?

» Add a new message to this topic