FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Words of wisdom

Words of wisdom

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Reminded today of something my old man said. Was walking down the highstreet with him when I was a teenager and he noticed me gawping at a stunning looking woman. He put his hand on my shoulder and said 'son, somewhere there is a guy that's tired of her shit'. I think he was telling me that looks aren't everything and that a person can be gorgeous on the outside but horrible on the inside. Legend

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Your dad was right but I would add that horrible people come in all shapes, sizes and levels of attractiveness.

You can't tell what's on the inside by what's on the outside

Forum Mod

East Sussex

My dad gave me some romantic advice. He said go to a beach where there are body guards, pretend to be in trouble and then get off with the lifeguard. He also passed this invaluable dating advice on to our daughter.

Neither of us have tried it so no idea if it works

"Your dad was right but I would add that horrible people come in all shapes, sizes and levels of attractiveness.

You can't tell what's on the inside by what's on the outside "

That's true too. Think he was also trying to stop me spending the next 10 years chasing models lol

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Your dad was right but I would add that horrible people come in all shapes, sizes and levels of attractiveness.

That's true too. Think he was also trying to stop me spending the next 10 years chasing models lol "

Lol. He is indeed a legend. Did it work?

I find that my dad has great wisdom and a lot of what he's taught me over the years is true. He also believes he has a special aura that prevents emails sending when he types them and its nothing to do with him using the incorrect address...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Reminded today of something my old man said. Was walking down the highstreet with him when I was a teenager and he noticed me gawping at a stunning looking woman. He put his hand on my shoulder and said 'son, somewhere there is a guy that's tired of her shit'. I think he was telling me that looks aren't everything and that a person can be gorgeous on the outside but horrible on the inside. Legend "

That's true, but speaking as a dad myself, possibly he was speaking for all of us who's long-term relationships have stood the test of time!!

That's true too. Think he was also trying to stop me spending the next 10 years chasing models lol

I find that my dad has great wisdom and a lot of what he's taught me over the years is true. He also believes he has a special aura that prevents emails sending when he types them and its nothing to do with him using the incorrect address..."

No didn't work haha, kept getting my heart broken. Does he haha your dad sounds funny.

I overheard my 21 year old son telling my 16 year old son “always listen to dad, he always knows best and whatever he says will happen will happen”. That made quite proud as a dad.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I find that my dad has great wisdom and a lot of what he's taught me over the years is true. He also believes he has a special aura that prevents emails sending when he types them and its nothing to do with him using the incorrect address...

No didn't work haha, kept getting my heart broken. Does he haha your dad sounds funny. "

He is. Possibly unintentionally some of the time

Forum Mod

East Sussex

The words of wisdom I've told both our kids are "people only treat you how you allow them to"

"My dad gave me some romantic advice. He said go to a beach where there are body guards, pretend to be in trouble and then get off with the lifeguard. He also passed this invaluable dating advice on to our daughter.

Neither of us have tried it so no idea if it works "

We did a fair bit of lifeguard chasing in our youth (sisters and me) they all have gorgeous exotic girlfriends that travel the world with them *wail

"I overheard my 21 year old son telling my 16 year old son “always listen to dad, he always knows best and whatever he says will happen will happen”. That made quite proud as a dad. "

Love that. Really do.

"I overheard my 21 year old son telling my 16 year old son “always listen to dad, he always knows best and whatever he says will happen will happen”. That made quite proud as a dad. "

Aww x

By *yldstyleWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

My gran gave me the best advice about men.

She said.. always leave them wanting more

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"My dad gave me some romantic advice. He said go to a beach where there are body guards, pretend to be in trouble and then get off with the lifeguard. He also passed this invaluable dating advice on to our daughter.

Neither of us have tried it so no idea if it works

We did a fair bit of lifeguard chasing in our youth (sisters and me) they all have gorgeous exotic girlfriends that travel the world with them *wail "

I didn't go anywhere with lifeguards .

» Add a new message to this topic