FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Alternative cat toys

Alternative cat toys

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ecretlyASoftie OP   Woman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

Cat toy makers must make a fortune when the reality is cats just like really simple stuff like a box (more than what’s in it) every time. The latest to delight her is a silver ball chain from an ID card neck chain, she goes mad for it!

What do yours like?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

My cat prefers food combined with toys so people that are surprised and running is ideal

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

At christmas our cat went crazy for the quality street wrappers ....he played with them for hours knocking them with his paws ....They made a rustling sound and shone

Ive just moved the sofa to hoover ..... and guess whats under there ..... his little stash .

By *tonMessCouple  over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

All three of ours love a box. Any size box they will still try to get in it, usually two at a time!

This mornings fascination has been a stray sock

By *lceeWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"My cat prefers food combined with toys so people that are surprised and running is ideal "

This, and receipts. And tissues. One of my kittens goes mental for tissues. Came back the other day to a nine pack of loo roll ripped open and tissue EVERYWHERE! He looked so happy.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

A cat of mine loved playing with a knitted carrot. It went everywhere with her.

My Apollo used to love socks...

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

A rectangular tissue box with a ping pong ball inside it

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

"My Apollo used to love socks..."

Sassy will steal balled up pairs of socks to play with if she gets chance

By *oward1978Man  over a year ago

Rotherham

Mine used to love boxes. It didn't matter what size the box either, he would find a way to get in it. He also used to love knocking baubles off the Christmas tree and then chase them around the room like a cat possessed

"My Apollo used to love socks..."

My socks used to go missing then one day I saw my cat with one in his mouth so I followed him. He’d made a bloody den out of them under a unit in the spare room, one by one nicking them off the clothes dryer or after I’d taken them off.

It got worse, he started taking stuff out of the catflap. I caught him with my towelling robe stuck half out the catflap! I hate to think where he was taking it and what other ‘clothes’ he may have already snuck out. I’m hoping all my fetish wear was locked up but I’ll never be sure.

Luckily I’ve moved and he later died. He was lovely but a little kinky weird!!

By *s_macWoman  over a year ago

Traffic land

My cat loves milk bottle tops and the plastic security ring around it.

He also “hunts” elastic bands and brings them home for me. Preferable to small mangled mammals I must admit.

By *iss SJWoman  over a year ago

Hull

Mine love the rigid tape that you get round boxes of copier paper. We get through tons at work so they never run out. Also paper primark bags for sitting in and ripping up. One has commandeered my pop up laundry basket and rolls around all over in it and also hides in it and pounces on the other one when she walks by and me too sometimes

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

One of those flapping bird feather toys on a long wand was the best I ever bought, my cat used to gallop up and down leaping in the air for ages over that, and come and beg us to play with her.

By *r SxxMan  over a year ago

ashford

Mine plays fetch with paper balls. Brings them right back to you haha

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

Polly had a favourite toy, until she killed it.

It was a long blue feather boa, about 3 feet long, attached to a black plastic wand.

No idea where it came from. One day she came trotting home carrying it in her mouth, almost falling over the excess that was dangling between her legs.

I never did find out where she stole it from

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

My cat has never bothered with toys really but she does like to sit on important paperwork

I have one who loves to drag socks about with her, she’s also been known to move pillows as well the other is a Bengal and he has a whole host of trinkets he likes to carry about. I’ve ‘lost’ toothbrushes, the bath chain, a memory stick, donuts grapes (especially the twiggy bits) knitting projects oh and he loves to shred anything that gets posted through the letterbox. I’m told he’s fairly typical for a Bengal

Mine likes keyboards.... to walk on sit on, send emails from...

Both mine do love boxes...............the bigger the better.

My ginger Tom though has a particular like for brown paper bags. Put one on the floor and he's in it within seconds, rolls around in for ages and you just know what's coming next as you hear the familiar sound of claws ripping paper

Tomato vines, like kitty smack to my one until I read that tomatoes aren't good for cats when checking other plants not bring in. I'll try grape vines silver foil balls and jingle balls she will retrieve and those charity bags she delivers those!

By *onnie And Clyde9070Couple  over a year ago

Leeds

Laser pens. Hours of fun, plus all the running around wears them out.

By *lla_maiWoman  over a year ago

staffordshire

"Laser pens. Hours of fun, plus all the running around wears them out."

Mine keep getting into my tv drawers, theres little pladtic ends in there from my mini trampoline. Theyre forever scattered around.

That snd cat litter when ive just changed it they like to dig in it or carry the large lumps out and chase thfm around the floor

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

Chewable toothbrush plastic balls with a bit of foil in them. A mini roll of sellotape they love batting around the floorboards. Various cardboard boxes. A bootlace hanging off the staircase. And always laser pointers.

Mine plays with water and taps

"A rectangular tissue box with a ping pong ball inside it"

Brilliant!

Tie some string to the back of a chair so it just dangles down.

My little cat gets all excited playing with the plastic cap off a fruit shoot type bottle. Chases it around the room,meowing XXX

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

No hair bobble is safe in this house. They will get up onto the dressing table to pinch them, and have hours of fun pinging them round the house.

Also bits of lego.

Ours likes shopping bags!(not the plastic type I must add) spends ages jumping in and out of them..

"Tie some string to the back of a chair so it just dangles down. "

Used to do that...............the back of the said chair has long been ripped to shreads

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Plastic bags.

I got her an old juice crate that has her name on it and bought a beautiful soft blanket to go in it. It’s super cute but she inisists on the tatty old plastic bag being in it!

Twat!

Mine love-

Playing with lids, cardboard boxes, running water, catching rain drops on the window and playing with my hair when it dangles over the sofa, watching tv, trying to catch things that move on the screen.(Cat games on the ipad are brilliant!)

Love my cats.

"Tie some string to the back of a chair so it just dangles down.

Used to do that...............the back of the said chair has long been ripped to shreads "

I got one of those scratching pad things... it was untouched. The sofa however is in bits.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

My cat is absolutely mad for straws. If there is a straw in you drink he will find a way of running away with it. It cracks everybody up he will take them from any where he can find them.

hiding from cock pics.

Oh and pop up laundry bins. When there's one of those around if I am doing the washing he literally flies in there. You never know if he's going to be in there when doing the washing.

hiding from cock pics.

[Removed by poster at 22/02/18 23:46:00]

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

I bought a motorised laser cat toy for my sister a few years ago, just sit it in the room and watch the cats chasing the red dots around for hours!

By *hocoholicWoman  over a year ago

The big D

Iv bought mine toys but she has no interest in them nor boxes, only thing I saw her play with is milk bottle lids butttt her favourite thing to do is completely free & nearly always there & it’s shadows, she lives catching & chasing them.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Paper or paper bags. Boxes of course.

most things that are hidden.

Cheap or free things like a bit of ribbon or string. Any old piece of tat that catches attention.

The plastic seal rings off milk bottles.

Anything made from foil.

Boxes.

One of my cats has decided today, that his new bed is the tumble dryer

By *ncandiladoCouple  over a year ago

Dundee

Our cat's favourite is still a 6ft cardboard tube, it's scratched to death and full of holes.

Hilarious when she pokes her claws or head out of the holes to attack us!

By *ark074Man  over a year ago

nottingham

Our cat Doreen loves playing with your mind.

X

My 10 month old seems to like my wall paper too much..... thinks it's great fun to pull it off the walls..... bitch

Tin foil balls.

My cats play fetch!

"Tin foil balls.

My cats play fetch! "

Wish mine would fetch me a nice lady ..... or a cider

"My cat has never bothered with toys really but she does like to sit on important paperwork "

They read through their bum apparently.

"Tin foil balls.

My cats play fetch!

Wish mine would fetch me a nice lady ..... or a cider "

Likewise!

Ours likes elasticated hair bobbles. And climbing in to empty carrier bags to rest.

Pom poms. Had one on some smellies for xmas and he goes mad for it

"My 10 month old seems to like my wall paper too much..... thinks it's great fun to pull it off the walls..... bitch "

We had a cat which ran in an arc across vinyl blown wallpaper. We had a rainbow shape of claw marks across the chimney breast wall.

By *ransGuyTV/TS  over a year ago

Cardiff

Primark bags, although I do have to rip the handles or else she tries to get through them and gets stuck

By *a Fee VerteWoman  over a year ago

Limbo

"Primark bags, although I do have to rip the handles or else she tries to get through them and gets stuck "

One of my now departed cats once got stuck in one of those giant reusable Morrisons bags and shot off quite some distance down the road tangled up in it which was quite amusing (though probably not for the cat).

One of my current cats loves playing with plastic drinking straws - fatal if you've placed a glass on the floor as it's likely to get knocked over in the process of the straw being nicked. Another one has a fascination with eggs - you can't leave any in the kitchen or he'll splat them. Hair bands are another favourite though my cats are lucky enough to have a vast playground full of small creatures thanks to the adjacent field.

By *ransGuyTV/TS  over a year ago

Cardiff

"Primark bags, although I do have to rip the handles or else she tries to get through them and gets stuck

One of my now departed cats once got stuck in one of those giant reusable Morrisons bags and shot off quite some distance down the road tangled up in it which was quite amusing (though probably not for the cat).

One of my current cats loves playing with plastic drinking straws - fatal if you've placed a glass on the floor as it's likely to get knocked over in the process of the straw being nicked. Another one has a fascination with eggs - you can't leave any in the kitchen or he'll splat them. Hair bands are another favourite though my cats are lucky enough to have a vast playground full of small creatures thanks to the adjacent field."

One of my previous cats got stuck through a carrier bag handle and got chased by his brother when he lived with him and my parents. That was the start of a major fall out and they had to be separated as his brother started guarding the food, water and cat trays. They were both neutered and has been perfectly fine with each other up until that point

I remember as a kid removing from the lawn a gift of a headless rabbit left by one of our cats when we used to live on the edge of town. I was such a freak as I was just thinking "Aww it's so sweet and fluffy! Shame about the head, but aww!"

I bought an expensive office chair. Cream leather and chrome, it looked like a 1950s car seat. 3 months later I waved bye bye to it at the tip...it had been shredded

He likes sitting on recipe books while I'm cooking and my son gets through quite a lot of asthma inhalers. Cat loves knocking them onto the tiled floors and then killing them.

If he can get hold of a wooden clothes peg he's in heaven. He also kills the children's feet!

By *r SxxMan  over a year ago

ashford

"Tin foil balls.

My cats play fetch! "

Mine do it with paper balls

hiding from cock pics.

"Primark bags, although I do have to rip the handles or else she tries to get through them and gets stuck "

Mine absolutely loves hiding in Primark bags also

my cat is so lazy he doesn't play though to be fare he is out on the prowl all night

» Add a new message to this topic