FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Women with taste in music

Women with taste in music

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Always found it hard to find a woman with a decent taste in underground music. I know this is subjective but bear with me. The vast majority are into pop and dancing to any old shite... I know most men are the same. But yeah, I make hip hop beats on an old school sampler so would love to meet someone to make sweet music with or who at least knows old jazz and disco. Or just someone with a healthy obsession with rhythm like myself

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Pop and dancing to any old shite? No thanks

"Pop and dancing to any old shite? No thanks "

Sorry I should say most people are into pop not most women. Anything made to sell instead of for the art is of no interest to me

I like rock chics, there is something sexy and rebellious about them

"I like rock chics, there is something sexy and rebellious about them "

Yeah I'm a fan! I really like unique people that stand out from the crowd! Went out with a skater chick for years! Love the urban look she rocked

"I like rock chics, there is something sexy and rebellious about them

Yeah I'm a fan! I really like unique people that stand out from the crowd! Went out with a skater chick for years! Love the urban look she rocked "

I am a fan of a girl who can pull of the half head shaved kinda look. Phwoar. Plus I like rock too so it's win win

Hmmm I like some of the pop shite. I listen to the radio in the car so it kind of rubs off on me.

Heavy metal is my first love but I'll try anything once.

I think the best way to be is open. Rather than "I can't like that it's not my taste"

"I like rock chics, there is something sexy and rebellious about them

Yeah I'm a fan! I really like unique people that stand out from the crowd! Went out with a skater chick for years! Love the urban look she rocked

I am a fan of a girl who can pull of the half head shaved kinda look. Phwoar. Plus I like rock too so it's win win"

Yeah definitely agree with you there mate. Love things that are harder to pull off like short and red hair in my opinion. Love gingers! No idea why...

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Rock chic here.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I think you've made a huge generalisation there OP - you only have to look at the various music related threads in the forums to see there are plenty of ladies who like anything but "pop" and have just as wide ranging taste in music as the next person - or most gigs I go to there are just as many women as there are men.

"Hmmm I like some of the pop shite. I listen to the radio in the car so it kind of rubs off on me.

Heavy metal is my first love but I'll try anything once.

I think the best way to be is open. Rather than "I can't like that it's not my taste" "

It's not so much the music as the fact that it's made to sell. Can't get on board with anything soulless like that which has just been made for the money. Gotta make my big toe jump up in my boot!

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

"Always found it hard to find a woman with a decent taste in underground music. I know this is subjective but bear with me. The vast majority are into pop and dancing to any old shite... I know most men are the same. But yeah, I make hip hop beats on an old school sampler so would love to meet someone to make sweet music with or who at least knows old jazz and disco. Or just someone with a healthy obsession with rhythm like myself"

Leaving aside the massive, inaccurate and insulting generalisation about women, you should find yourself a woman like my wife whose music taste is exactly what you're looking for.

"I think you've made a huge generalisation there OP - you only have to look at the various music related threads in the forums to see there are plenty of ladies who like anything but "pop" and have just as wide ranging taste in music as the next person - or most gigs I go to there are just as many women as there are men."

As stated before, I should've said people are into pop shite not just women. I'm just more interested in finding women with decent music tastes for obvious reasons.

what exactly is underground about hip-hop since the 90's?

"Always found it hard to find a woman with a decent taste in underground music. I know this is subjective but bear with me. The vast majority are into pop and dancing to any old shite... I know most men are the same. But yeah, I make hip hop beats on an old school sampler so would love to meet someone to make sweet music with or who at least knows old jazz and disco. Or just someone with a healthy obsession with rhythm like myself

Leaving aside the massive, inaccurate and insulting generalisation about women, you should find yourself a woman like my wife whose music taste is exactly what you're looking for."

Knew I'd be met with these responses... I'm talking about my own subjective experience here. I find it really hard to find these women because I have tried and find it hard. It's not a generalisation, it's an opinion based on experience.

And yes that's what I'm trying to do, hence the thread

Rock lover hear ( with a bit of taylor swift thrown in) im of the opinion i dont really care what kind of music someone is into- as long as they like and are passionate about some kind.

"Rock lover here ( with a bit of taylor swift thrown in) im of the opinion i dont really care what kind of music someone is into- as long as they like and are passionate about some kind."

Fixed it

"what exactly is underground about hip-hop since the 90's? "

While world waiting for you. Always an underground and hip-hops is massive!

"Rock lover hear ( with a bit of taylor swift thrown in) im of the opinion i dont really care what kind of music someone is into- as long as they like and are passionate about some kind."

RA the rugged man remix of Taylor swift song is worth a look

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I like men who have good taste in music - quality blues and blues rock, with a dash of soul or northern soul, or classic disco, for normal dancing, and lots of juicy 50's RnB for lindyhop!

I have quite the eclectic taste. Equally at home in a dance tent as I am in a rock club or a soul night. My first love is Kylie yet I’m off to a sweaty rock gig tomorrow.

Taste is overrated.

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

My musical taste varies from day to day and I’m not really fussed on pop and I never dance.

I have an undercut with verging on ginger hair and I’m wearing business clothing whilst on the bus on the way to my office where I hold down a pretty good job.

I’m listening to the cowboy junkies and posting on a swingers forum.

Your sweeping generalisation doesn’t fit us all.

"Rock chic here. "

I think we should be friends

"Rock lover hear ( with a bit of taylor swift thrown in) im of the opinion i dont really care what kind of music someone is into- as long as they like and are passionate about some kind."

Taylor swift isn't rock

"I like men who have good taste in music - quality blues and blues rock, with a dash of soul or northern soul, or classic disco, for normal dancing, and lots of juicy 50's RnB for lindyhop! "

Marry me! If you would've put swing jazz onthat list: perfection! But yeah this is what I'm talking about. I know music taste is subjective but if someone says to me they like pop it means they have settled for the first thing they found

"Rock lover hear ( with a bit of taylor swift thrown in) im of the opinion i dont really care what kind of music someone is into- as long as they like and are passionate about some kind.

Taylor swift isn't rock "

Oh my god really.

"Rock chic here. "
mess that hair up on the dance floor

"I have quite the eclectic taste. Equally at home in a dance tent as I am in a rock club or a soul night. My first love is Kylie yet I’m off to a sweaty rock gig tomorrow.

Taste is overrated. "

Would you say that when it comes to food?

"Rock lover hear ( with a bit of taylor swift thrown in) im of the opinion i dont really care what kind of music someone is into- as long as they like and are passionate about some kind.

Taylor swift isn't rock

Oh my god really. "

Yeah I checked with the panel. Can't have avril lavigne either

By *tonMessCouple  over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

"I like men who have good taste in music - quality blues and blues rock, with a dash of soul or northern soul, or classic disco, for normal dancing, and lots of juicy 50's RnB for lindyhop!

Marry me! If you would've put swing jazz onthat list: perfection! But yeah this is what I'm talking about. I know music taste is subjective but if someone says to me they like pop it means they have settled for the first thing they found"

Or perhaps they've listened to other genres and have decided they quite like pop?

By *limarkCouple  over a year ago

Next door to Brenda & Clive

"what exactly is underground about hip-hop since the 90's?

While world waiting for you. Always an underground and hip-hops is massive!"

I thought Jungle Is Massive

hip-hop is mainstream dude .... maybe that's where you're going wrong. step away from the sampler and get your arse to a few small festivals like Freerotation or Surplus etc.

Taylor swift isn't rock

Oh my god really.

Yeah I checked with the panel. Can't have avril lavigne either "

Well luckily people are allowed to like different styles of music then! I have been going to metal and gothic bands since I was 15. Im fully aware she isnt "rock" but I enjoy her regardless! ( hence me saying with a bit of taylor swift thrown in)

"I have quite the eclectic taste. Equally at home in a dance tent as I am in a rock club or a soul night. My first love is Kylie yet I’m off to a sweaty rock gig tomorrow.

Taste is overrated.

Would you say that when it comes to food? "

We weren’t talking about food. Or have I missed something

Taylor swift isn't rock

Oh my god really.

Well luckily people are allowed to like different styles of music then! I have been going to metal and gothic bands since I was 15. Im fully aware she isnt "rock" but I enjoy her regardless! ( hence me saying with a bit of taylor swift thrown in)"

Okay okay I was just messing around

"I like men who have good taste in music - quality blues and blues rock, with a dash of soul or northern soul, or classic disco, for normal dancing, and lots of juicy 50's RnB for lindyhop!

Marry me! If you would've put swing jazz onthat list: perfection! But yeah this is what I'm talking about. I know music taste is subjective but if someone says to me they like pop it means they have settled for the first thing they found

Or perhaps they've listened to other genres and have decided they quite like pop?"

Your words disgust me!... only kidding. Pop is all genres but watered down and packaged for All. I like a lot of artists that are popular but they are not considered as pop as it's not manufactured commercial shite

I love all music as long as it gets me tapping my feet to it

I’m a big fan of rock chics. Have been since my teens. My musical taste is quite eclectic but grounded in 60s,70s and 80s rock.

Taylor swift isn't rock

Oh my god really.

Well luckily people are allowed to like different styles of music then! I have been going to metal and gothic bands since I was 15. Im fully aware she isnt "rock" but I enjoy her regardless! ( hence me saying with a bit of taylor swift thrown in)

Okay okay I was just messing around "

Its ok I have a shit sense of humour too.

"hip-hop is mainstream dude .... maybe that's where you're going wrong. step away from the sampler and get your arse to a few small festivals like Freerotation or Surplus etc. "

I'm sorry but to not realise that each genre has an underground is pretty dumb! Been to freero but deep house is prob the only other genre I really don't like! Need far to many drugs to enjoy that! There is still an underground in hip hop. Just look up yingyang, verb t or mouse outfit. All British and underground my friend

"hip-hop is mainstream dude .... maybe that's where you're going wrong. step away from the sampler and get your arse to a few small festivals like Freerotation or Surplus etc.

I'm sorry but to not realise that each genre has an underground is pretty dumb! Been to freero but deep house is prob the only other genre I really don't like! Need far to many drugs to enjoy that! There is still an underground in hip hop. Just look up yingyang, verb t or mouse outfit. All British and underground my friend "

i used to play for mouse outfit smart arse

Rock is life.

People playing actual instruments works for me...

"hip-hop is mainstream dude .... maybe that's where you're going wrong. step away from the sampler and get your arse to a few small festivals like Freerotation or Surplus etc.

I'm sorry but to not realise that each genre has an underground is pretty dumb! Been to freero but deep house is prob the only other genre I really don't like! Need far to many drugs to enjoy that! There is still an underground in hip hop. Just look up yingyang, verb t or mouse outfit. All British and underground my friend

i used to play for mouse outfit smart arse "

Underground no?

Rock Chick and proud

Underground no?"

no, they messed up by pandering to commerciality and became just another little rap band trying to get onto the radio ... shame coz they were really badass when they started

Underground no?

no, they messed up by pandering to commerciality and became just another little rap band trying to get onto the radio ... shame coz they were really badass when they started"

Not underground when they started? Getting together all the local mcs and giving them a platform to perform! And they still make the same style music

Old skool metal, classic rock and outlaw country all the way for me. The last girl I was with used to make fun of me and call all the good bands dad rock. She said Ozzy was shit! Needless to say it didn't work out haha.

Underground no?

no, they messed up by pandering to commerciality and became just another little rap band trying to get onto the radio ... shame coz they were really badass when they started

Not underground when they started? Getting together all the local mcs and giving them a platform to perform! And they still make the same style music"

they completely changed their style when they recorded escape music ... when they were still dishing out free cd's at gigs they might have been underground, but certainly not now .... too much emphasis on rappers killed what they were doing ... shame really

By *exymamma90Woman  over a year ago

Leicester

I'm a burlesque dancer x

Underground no?

Not underground when they started? Getting together all the local mcs and giving them a platform to perform! And they still make the same style music

they completely changed their style when they recorded escape music ... when they were still dishing out free cd's at gigs they might have been underground, but certainly not now .... too much emphasis on rappers killed what they were doing ... shame really"

I disagree. Think escape music is more commercial but they didn't sell out. so the only way to remain underground is sell your cds at gigs? Regardless of our opinion on mouse outfit and getting back to your point, there is an underground and it doesn't take a '

Smart arse' to realise that

By *is vixen at playCouple  over a year ago

Dundee

"Always found it hard to find a woman with a decent taste in underground music. I know this is subjective but bear with me. The vast majority are into pop and dancing to any old shite... I know most men are the same. But yeah, I make hip hop beats on an old school sampler so would love to meet someone to make sweet music with or who at least knows old jazz and disco. Or just someone with a healthy obsession with rhythm like myself"

Should maybe of said the same taste as you. G

" Regardless of our opinion on mouse outfit and getting back to your point, there is an underground and it doesn't take a '

Smart arse' to realise that "

but then you're the one grumbling that you can't find women 'with taste in music' when there is plenty of them out there ... just open your eyes and you'll see them

By *anetandNickCouple  over a year ago

Ross-on-Wye

"Always found it hard to find a woman with a decent taste in ... music."

Well I do enjoy Elgar. But I'm not sure if it sounds best if played underground...

Janet

"Always found it hard to find a woman with a decent taste in underground music. I know this is subjective but bear with me. The vast majority are into pop and dancing to any old shite... I know most men are the same. But yeah, I make hip hop beats on an old school sampler so would love to meet someone to make sweet music with or who at least knows old jazz and disco. Or just someone with a healthy obsession with rhythm like myself

Should maybe of said the same taste as you. G"

Nah their own individual taste not the same as mine. I don't see pop music as having a taste. Just settling for the first thing you come across

Like I say I'm really into food then talk about McDonald's.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Marry me! If you would've put swing jazz onthat list: perfection! "

I only like swing for dancing - I don't maybe one or two gypsy jazz tracks eg Django Reinhardt Minor Swing for some balboa, but usually like big juicy swing to dance to.

More jazzy tracks can be great for improvisation though - best lindy/blues fusion dance I ever had was to Lou Rawls 'Girl from Ipanema'. His version of St James Infirmary is epic to dance to as well, so cool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFcmcH1DN2k

And 'Drink Muddy Water' another class version! Damn I need to download a 'Best of Lou Rawls' album I think lol!

» Add a new message to this topic