FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > just vanity..?

just vanity..?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Apologies fer the horrendous subject..

Caught a piece of journalism the other day...nothing new....the fur trade..

The journalist highlighted in a global market...the fur trade has freewheeled into China, an attraction with its low costs to manufactures....with no regulation or penalties of any kind, dogs, cats, racoons,foxes etc, are consigned to a fate worse than a quick death...

I went onto the worlds largest animal charity website PETA,this afternoon and watched a video.....I`ve never seen cruelty like it...animals skinned alive,and still living afterwards...

Point is....these products find their way onto the High St...Sharon was loking at UGGS the other day..its argued that false labelling is being deployed, to hide the reality of the product !!! Thats a claim by others, but its food fer thought, fer us..

Its certainly made me question the way I will be buying...examples found on the UK High St, are coats with a fur collar...investigation found the fur came from China....no mention of that on the label...

Does it bother you?

Are you aware ?

Do you make an ethical choiceover the things you buy ?

Do you form an opinion when you meet someone dressed in fur ?

PS...don`t look at the video...or others like them, if yer easily upset...its truly horrendous x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

just ur description of the vid is freaking me out

I think its disgusting the way some countries treat animals,totally sadistic,those people dont have emotions or any kind of sentiment at all,and im always aware of what i purchase,anything that involves the cruelty of animals is a strict NO NO...full stop..

"just ur description of the vid is freaking me out "

I`d advise you don`t watch any of the footage chap..

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

China's record on anything humane,and acceptable to civilised society,is atrocious,and yet the west are so far up their arses,it's embarrassing.

the saying,money talks,comes to mind.

If the buyers of the fur coats had to go and pick the animals themselves and watch the slaughter, skinning and preparation, would the buyers be as quick to part with their filthy lucre?

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"China's record on anything humane,and acceptable to civilised society,is atrocious,and yet the west are so far up their arses,it's embarrassing.

the saying,money talks,comes to mind. "

Might be in bad taste, but trade with China is incredibly important and equally inevitable...

China is the world's biggest importer of just about every raw material known to man...they are also with considerable ease the worlds biggest exporter of goods.

Saw an article the other day that stated that an incredible 90% of ALL costume and fashion jewellery currently on sale in the EU is from Mainland China, along with 45% of ALL clothing purchased in the EU.

"China's record on anything humane,and acceptable to civilised society,is atrocious,and yet the west are so far up their arses,it's embarrassing.

Might be in bad taste, but trade with China is incredibly important and equally inevitable...

China is the world's biggest importer of just about every raw material known to man...they are also with considerable ease the worlds biggest exporter of goods.

Saw an article the other day that stated that an incredible 90% of ALL costume and fashion jewellery currently on sale in the EU is from Mainland China, along with 45% of ALL clothing purchased in the EU.

"

If the ridiculous health and safety laws were reviewed and re-evaluated, Great Britain could possibly get back on its feet and we could see the "Made in Great Britain" label again and start to regain some dignity.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

If the ridiculous health and safety laws were reviewed and re-evaluated, Great Britain could possibly get back on its feet and we could see the "Made in Great Britain" label again and start to regain some dignity. "

Not a snowballs chance in hell.....not unless you can get people working for £2.50p a day and children as young as Twelve working in factories....

It is IMPOSSIBLE to have most of the goods we import from China made in Britain.

"Saw an article the other day that stated that an incredible 90% of ALL costume and fashion jewellery currently on sale in the EU is from Mainland China, along with 45% of ALL clothing purchased in the EU.

"

Cure:- Stop women buying jewellery, and Keep them partially clothed.

Job done.

The thing is a lot of these ladies or men that wear furs dont give a dam how they get them. Its pure evil full stop !

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

Is the Chinese fur trade any worse than the vanity of Tony Blair as a mid east "peace envoy". Or of Hilary Clinton?

I dare say the Coptic christians of Egypt won't think so.

"

Is the Chinese fur trade any worse than the vanity of Tony Blair as a mid east "peace envoy". Or of Hilary Clinton?

"

They`re skinning Egyptian Coptics?

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"

They`re skinning Egyptian Coptics? "

I doubt it, there wouldn't be much skin left after being run over by a tank.

I read the article in the mail a few days ago about animals being skinned alive for UGGS. I couldnt watch the video online, i wouldnt be able to sleep at night. I love animals and dont understand how people can be so cruel to them. As for women who buy fur, well i wouldnt like to say, what i think of them. Fake fur looks just as good and keeps you warm, so why not just buy that.

"I read the article in the mail a few days ago about animals being skinned alive for UGGS. I couldnt watch the video online, i wouldnt be able to sleep at night. I love animals and dont understand how people can be so cruel to them. As for women who buy fur, well i wouldnt like to say, what i think of them. Fake fur looks just as good and keeps you warm, so why not just buy that."

+1

"

They`re skinning Egyptian Coptics?

I doubt it, there wouldn't be much skin left after being run over by a tank.

"

Sectarian voilence in Egypt isn`t a new thing..Coptic Christians have been the target of fundamentalist Muslims fer many years...The perception of the military sure looks different know...as does the Arab Spring revolutions...

Ultimately , short of writing a letter to an Ambassador, theres little in my power to affect anything..and thats tilting at windmills at best...

I`ve long had misgiving about Americas foreign policy..its ethicity..

With so much fur coming into Europe its hard to ascertain where any fur or leather products I might buy,originates from !!

Mayhaps with consumer awareness and presure, we could effect change re: the fur trade...

Or at least...make a conscious decision..if High St`s forced manufacturers to honestly label goods...

Tho given the proliferation of third world sweat shop clothing en vogue....Primark and Marks n Sparks et al...mayhaps thats idealistic musings as well...?

When I was about 15 yrs old, I watched a programme about how fur coats were made, right from the way animals were rammed into cages, killed, skinned etc and it put me off wearing fur for life. I did once wear, when I was young, my mothers fur coat but I didn't feel that it was any different to fake fur and I certainly gained the women's vanity from her as that was another factor for not wanting to wear fur

» Add a new message to this topic