FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Guilty Pleasures...

Guilty Pleasures...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I let slip in the chat room last night after seeing her top 20 and liking them all...that I love J-Lo's music and actually come to think of it, like all her films......so the cat is out of the bag so to speak.

What's your guilty pleasure?, and yes it will head down the sex route, within 4 threads, but look where we are

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

My guilty pleasure are shows likes Bargain Hunt, Cash in the Attic, Antiques Road Trip, Dickinsons Real Deal...Just to name a few

But I have to watch them when Mr B is out as he can't stand them.

By *r-MissCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

My guilty pleasure at the moment is the only way is Essex and keeping up with the Kardashians (Miss)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Watching any programme with Dr Alice Roberts or Victoria Coren, and seeing Sian Welby do the weather on channel 5

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Telly wise, I suppose mine would be QVC I am a sucker for a TSV

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

sucking cock

Oh, don't get me started on that subject. Too late.

You shouldn't feel guilty about guilty pleasures.

I was in the music biz for over 20 years and the whole rock credibility thing is bogus, overblown and a lot of pretentious bullshit.

Funny that nobody has a problem with Motown, which was totally manufactured. No difference between that and Stock, Aitken and Watereman except which generation they were the soundtrack for their youth. House band of pretentious jazzers, house songwriters, stable of artists told what to sing and when...spot the difference. And the Funk Brothers looked down their pretentious jazz noses at Motown at the time. Now they claim all the credit for it.

I'm glad for anybody who gets a gig out of X Factor, whether they win or not. Better than stacking shelves. But apparently Billy "Redistribution of everybody else's Wealth" Bragg doesn't like that. Because he's more working clarss than a shelf stacker, obviously.

Rock is product wrapped in an image and marketed to you. You decided during puberty that rock was the way to be cool like the big kids, and pop music, the hooks you loved instinctively, was for babies. You never revisited that decision, despite every other decision you made at that age being dubious.

Putting some distortion on the guitar is the easiest way to cover up a lack of song and talent. Add a good haircut and a political stance and you've got yourself a rock band.

I really don't need to be "made aware" of political issues by people who spent all their time in their dad's garage smoking and dreaming about being famous to get chicks and have everybody wait on your every opinion.

Paying your dues? Nobody pays their dues anymore. If you haven't got a record deal in a year, split the band and form another because it's not gonna happen.

Auditions? In rock it's called a showcase. It's still an audition for an A&R bloke who wants to be Simon Cowell, even though he's hanging out in your local indie club for a Monday night triple bill. He will judge bands by their songwriting, then their look. Credibility won't enter his head.

Pop music gives work to great songwriters whose faces didn't fit, who couldn't be marketed as cool rock stars.

It's much harder to write a good pop song than a self-indulgent "credible" rock song. For too long we've been fed sub-standard filler as some kind of gift from the "artists" to complete their "concept" of their "album."

A hook is a hook is a hook, I don't discriminate between Led Zeppelin and Girls Aloud and I never feel guilty about liking something because there's good and bad in every genre.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Motown developed into the artists themselves being encouraged to write songs, this expanded Motown considerably from it's early beginnings.

Whereas Stock Aitken and Waterman rarely involved their artists in the songwriting process, nor did they encourage it.

That is the major difference....Motown evolved and S.A.W and their like never did......

Berry Gordy...Holland/Dozier/Holland just laid the foundations.

I like going to the ballet.... There I said it...

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

'guilt' What's that?

"I like going to the ballet.... There I said it... "

Oh.... bless you Pauly.....That took true-grit........ your a real trooper.... ahem.... cough-cough,,,,

Eye's front

"I like going to the ballet.... There I said it...

Oh.... bless you Pauly.....That took true-grit........ your a real trooper.... ahem.... cough-cough,,,,

Eye's front "

I have a feeling I may be ostracised now......

Have to say deal or no deal it always sucks me in.

"I like going to the ballet.... There I said it...

Eye's front

I have a feeling I may be ostracised

now...... "

No-no….!. far from it…… after-all... The sight of a prancing bulge or three,,,,,,, can be very pleasing on the eye….!.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

TOWIE for me but i only watch it to realize that i look like einstein compared to that lot, plus i only watch it when i remember its on.

Time team i tend to watch on saturday mornings if im not doing anything cause its on all morning

"I like going to the ballet.... There I said it... "

You have a lovely bum - would look great in ballet tights maybe?!

Better still if you have the whole - ahem - package?

dirtybigbadsgirlville

cowboy boots

Coming on here when I should be doing the house work suppose I better crack on .

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

hells kitchen,in fact anything where Ramsay shouts at Americans.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"hells kitchen,in fact anything where Ramsay shouts at Americans."
ooooooh i watch that whilst wearing my cowboy boots, i have to say Ramsay is delicious

Let me see...

Ah yes, mine would be Schadenfreude at the misfortunes of the free-range rude.

along with some fava beans and a nice chianti

Wolf

» Add a new message to this topic