FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Three network

Three network

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *parrow77 OP   Man  over a year ago

cheshire

Hi is anyone on three

Am looking to upgrade so curious what they like or should I go with someone else for my iPhone

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Check out their coverage here

On an old pay and go contract with them no problems

cheshire

Ta york

think they use the o2 network, know it can be a bit rubbish in some areas from those who have used it!! like vodaphone whos shit in the north and good down south.

Was on three years ago

Didn't rate it much but it is obviously better now

Orange fa the last ten years

Staying wi them again xx

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

i'm with 3 and have been for years. i get great network coverage and genuinely limitless internet access - i often check my fab messages on my phone.

the call centre is in india, but i rarely need to use them so thats not an issue as far as i'm concerned.

the reception used to be a bit hit and miss but its as good or better than most of my friends phones so thats no longer an issue.

I'm with 3 and live work in West Yorks South Yorks, Derbyshire and Notts no problems with coverage except for Robin Hood country

I'm in the same boat as the OP but have heard some good and some, quite frankly, horrific reports on 3.

My upgrade is due on Nov 1st and I'm currently (and have been for donkeys years) with o2 who do the simplicity tariff which is pretty good but you don't get a new phone, so I looked at 3 and they seem to have some cracking deals but I'm scared to move because of the reports on A) Their coverage and B) Their Customer Service, so I'll watch this thread like a hawk

[Removed by poster at 10/10/11 18:37:48]

I was on 3 a while back

What i didnt like about it was they took the money out your bank every 4 weeks but only topped up your credit on the 23rd of each month which ment you was only topped up 12 times a year but they took 13 lots of payment out your account a year

bit of a rip off if you ask me

Dont know if they have changed that tho

We are curenetly having a dispute with three and the customer care is absolutely shocking ,the Indian call centre must be the most frustrating experience I have ever had .Absolutely shocking . We got the phone whilst having a swinging weekend away in Chorley ,if you want to exchange the phone or take it back you can not return it to the nearest store to you ,you have to take it back to the store you got it from . Unfortunately after a 150 mile round trip ,we were told it was over the 7 day returns period and it was tough ,we are stuck with a useless phone for two years

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

I've been on "3" for around 4 years now. I was with them, left to try others, but returned to them and can say that compared to the other network providers, they are better than most.

Where they score best is if you stay with them; their retention of customers at contract end is excellent, such that I've been able to negotiate my monthly plan.

Their call centre is I think in the Phillipines; the standards of English do leave a lot to be desired, and often create more problems than they resolve, so instead, I tend to use my local store, where I can get 1-1 attention.

Having just upgraded my phone deal in the past month, I did look around for the best deal. But since I usually only use my phone for calls and the occasional text, "3" allowed me to keep my existing deal.

But, what you expect and what you get is subjective. I like them! Not everyone does. However, they do keep costs down by keeping tariffs to themselves and not out to other phone retailers, where they'd need to pay commissions etc.

"We are curenetly having a dispute with three and the customer care is absolutely shocking ,the Indian call centre must be the most frustrating experience I have ever had .Absolutely shocking . We got the phone whilst having a swinging weekend away in Chorley ,if you want to exchange the phone or take it back you can not return it to the nearest store to you ,you have to take it back to the store you got it from . Unfortunately after a 150 mile round trip ,we were told it was over the 7 day returns period and it was tough ,we are stuck with a useless phone for two years

"

OMG id almost forgot about the customer service

If for no other reason dont go on 3 for that

If you can get anyone one the phone who can string 3 words of English together your having a good day

"We are curenetly having a dispute with three and the customer care is absolutely shocking ,the Indian call centre must be the most frustrating experience I have ever had .Absolutely shocking . We got the phone whilst having a swinging weekend away in Chorley ,if you want to exchange the phone or take it back you can not return it to the nearest store to you ,you have to take it back to the store you got it from . Unfortunately after a 150 mile round trip ,we were told it was over the 7 day returns period and it was tough ,we are stuck with a useless phone for two years

OMG id almost forgot about the customer service

If for no other reason dont go on 3 for that

If you can get anyone one the phone who can string 3 words of English together your having a good day"

Sounds like O2 use the same call centre

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

The customer service is shocking, but the coverage isn't too bad anymore.

I especially love the limitless internet, I'm forever on the net with my phone, and never get anywhere close to being charged.

cheshire

Thanks for the info ppl

"Sounds like O2 use the same call centre "

o2 call centers are uk based.

» Add a new message to this topic