FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Am I just hideous?

Am I just hideous?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Probably not. I've not got my photo public as I work in a bar and a few of my male customers are on here and they're a bit....odd. So just to be on the safe side I don't display it. My (finaly gets to it) point is, I'll be chatting to local girls, all is going fine, send them a pic and they instantly block me. My ego takes a battering, however I have developed a theory, could it be that they recognise me and panic? Any thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Try putting some sort of pic on first so people can get the general idea of what you look like, no need to display your face totally but have a look at some of the guys pics already on here to see how they can show themselves without being recognisable.

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Surely we'd all need to see your pic to make any kind of comment.

Your description sounds pretty good though!

Do you look anything like The Elephant Man ?

By *laphe1Man  over a year ago

Manchester

hideous or rough looking,hard to tell with no pic

never been a fan of the shadow look so yes

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Not everyone will fancy you , and tbh if you don't get your head around that on a swinging site where your looks are going to be important to most/ some people then you won't last long.

None of us know why you were being rejected, but I think you might need a thicker skin.

Just checked your profile, as you can travel why don't you look outside your area?

They might recognise you some people don't like meets so close to home!

"Just checked your profile, as you can travel why don't you look outside your area?

They might recognise you some people don't like meets so close to home!"

OI, i was just going to suggest that! lol, great minds eh

It was the kind of blocking out of panic I'm trying to get my head round. I 90% of the time send a pic with my first message anyhow!

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

If you feel better yes,they recognise yo and thats why they block.

As rugby said,you need to grow a thicker skin,maybe they just dont fancy you,but many like me go off personality...thing is you wont know so dont loose any sleep over it

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"It was the kind of blocking out of panic I'm trying to get my head round. I 90% of the time send a pic with my first message anyhow!"

In which case it is something you have said that has put them off, or as you say they recognise your pic and they have blocked you to save explaining.

I'm cool with it as am happy with the way I look it's just frustrating. You're left not being sure if you've said something wrong, wether it is the picture, maybe they've re-read your profile and thats done it? Its just irritating!

Edinburgh

I don't think your pic is hideous! I'd be tempted to trim a little bit off your goatee but that's my personal choice... you couldn't sleep if I were around!

I'd not be put off by that pic though... it's perfectly acceptable. You won't appeal to everyone but that's okay... none of us do. It's not my style to block people I'm not interested in but I guess different people use the function in different ways. The good thing is they're not wasting their time or yours by continuing to chat if there's no attraction.

(I'm impressed with the very tidy background too!!)

"I'm cool with it as am happy with the way I look it's just frustrating. You're left not being sure if you've said something wrong, wether it is the picture, maybe they've re-read your profile and thats done it? Its just irritating!"

But you never answered my question ... So, do you look anything like The Elepant Man or not ?

Look, I just had a few messages this moment from a very lovely lady. In her profile she would like to meet a guy that, well, just isn't me. As she sent me a wink, I responded and I was honest. I am not the best looking guy on here, and I am ok with that.

She laughingly suggested that I was avoiding meets, which I took with a smile and so in my next message, I sent a face pic, now she has responded, I don't take offense, I just see it for what it is. I am not her type. I did try to tell her, but well, some people need to see for themselves.

Experience teaches us patience and acceptance, I bear her no grudge, she was clear on her profile...

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I don't think your pic is hideous! I'd be tempted to trim a little bit off your goatee but that's my personal choice... you couldn't sleep if I were around!

I'd not be put off by that pic though... it's perfectly acceptable. You won't appeal to everyone but that's okay... none of us do. It's not my style to block people I'm not interested in but I guess different people use the function in different ways. The good thing is they're not wasting their time or yours by continuing to chat if there's no attraction.

(I'm impressed with the very tidy background too!!)"

Are you magic? I can't see a pic

Edinburgh

"Are you magic? I can't see a pic "

I'm speshal!

"

She laughingly suggested that I was avoiding meets, which I took with a smile and so in my next message, I sent a face pic, now she has responded,

Experience teaches us patience and acceptance, I bear her no grudge, she was clear on her profile..."

Has not responded, please, please can we have an edit post function?

Ever notice when you see somebody in the street from behind who looks interesting and you walk faster to see what they look like and they're never as attractive as you imagined? Same with sunglasses. Your brain fills in the detail and makes them perfect so it's always a bit of a disappointment when you see the eyes, which is what actually makes a face. Maybe that's what's happening with your pic.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I'm cool with it as am happy with the way I look it's just frustrating. You're left not being sure if you've said something wrong, wether it is the picture, maybe they've re-read your profile and thats done it? Its just irritating!"

A way of life though, some people block rather than say why, and I can understand that.

You can let it irritate you or move on and speak to the next person instead.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

She laughingly suggested that I was avoiding meets, which I took with a smile and so in my next message, I sent a face pic, now she has responded,

Experience teaches us patience and acceptance, I bear her no grudge, she was clear on her profile...

Has not responded, please, please can we have an edit post function?"

The preview works for this.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Are you magic? I can't see a pic

I'm speshal! "

I was going to answer that but sat on my hands instead

Edinburgh

I'm speshal!

I was going to answer that but sat on my hands instead "

Pah... I stopped licking the window in anticipation of your response... you're such a let down sometimes Ruggers!

Maybe its the rat ? or is it a rabbit in the cage behind you - maybe that puts them off ..

Just a thought

"Maybe its the rat ? or is it a rabbit in the cage behind you - maybe that puts them off ..

Just a thought"

Never thought of that, for the record, two male rats!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I'm speshal!

I was going to answer that but sat on my hands instead

Pah... I stopped licking the window in anticipation of your response... you're such a let down sometimes Ruggers! "

Sorry

Edinburgh

"Maybe its the rat ? or is it a rabbit in the cage behind you - maybe that puts them off ..

Just a thought"

Hahahaha... I thought that was cute... but then I have a huge cage in my living room with a monster bunny in it so I'm probably a little bit biased.

From some of the reponses about the cage I might be better of JUST showing a pic of the rats!

"Probably not. I've not got my photo public as I work in a bar and a few of my male customers are on here and they're a bit....odd. So just to be on the safe side I don't display it. My (finaly gets to it) point is, I'll be chatting to local girls, all is going fine, send them a pic and they instantly block me. My ego takes a battering, however I have developed a theory, could it be that they recognise me and panic? Any thoughts?"

Not everyone can know you so more than likely you hit a few branches when you fell out of the tree.

To test this theory move your profile area to Scotland and try the same. If you get the same results then you are probably a Moe Sizlack look a like.

By *iercedTattooedBBWWoman  over a year ago

bangor

Pfft well you sent me your picture, and i'm still talking! And i say phoawwr! Just a shame your so far away

Edinburgh

"

Not everyone can know you so more than likely you hit a few branches when you fell out of the tree.

To test this theory move your profile area to Scotland and try the same. If you get the same results then you are probably a Moe Sizlack look a like. "

Oooooooooooooh just what are you saying about us Scottish girls?!

"Probably not. I've not got my photo public as I work in a bar and a few of my male customers are on here and they're a bit....odd. So just to be on the safe side I don't display it. My (finaly gets to it) point is, I'll be chatting to local girls, all is going fine, send them a pic and they instantly block me. My ego takes a battering, however I have developed a theory, could it be that they recognise me and panic? Any thoughts?"

To be honest with the amount of people on here the chances of talking to someone you know are very slim

Id say its more likely that you wasnt her type but she found it easier to block you than say rather than she knew you

we all get rejected its a part of swinging you have to accept, after all there will be a time when you dont like someone also

we reject we get rejected its life

By *ittlemorespiceCouple  over a year ago

North Cornwall

Hm well I have a theory that most people who arent deluded (yes there are a few around) know whether or not they are goodlooking enough not to scare off people with their picture. Unless you suffer with very low self esteem you already know the answer to the question. If you score a lot with the ladies off site you prob will onsite and viceversa. Of course the answer could be a bit of both. Some not fancying and some recognising. Thought you barmen usually had them queueing around the block?

"Hm well I have a theory that most people who arent deluded (yes there are a few around) know whether or not they are goodlooking enough not to scare off people with their picture. Unless you suffer with very low self esteem you already know the answer to the question. If you score a lot with the ladies off site you prob will onsite and viceversa. Of course the answer could be a bit of both. Some not fancying and some recognising. Thought you barmen usually had them queueing around the block? "

nah you see i dont go with that theory

Ive had a lot of men message me with mail and profiles that say they are sexy good looking men but when they have sent a pic ive looked and thought....ok so now where your pic lol

Thinking your good looking does not mean you are

beauties in the eye and all that

"Probably not. I've not got my photo public as I work in a bar and a few of my male customers are on here and they're a bit....odd. So just to be on the safe side I don't display it. My (finaly gets to it) point is, I'll be chatting to local girls, all is going fine, send them a pic and they instantly block me. My ego takes a battering, however I have developed a theory, could it be that they recognise me and panic? Any thoughts?

To test this theory move your profile area to Scotland and try the same. If you get the same results then you are probably a Moe Sizlack look a like. "

There's a fairly good chance they do know me, especially baring in mind the age group, I'm a member of management in the busiest weekend bar in town.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Toss a coin.

Actually don't.... you work in a busy bar.... how many slammers do the attractive women have to down before they start asking you to show them your arse?

Subtract the number of drinks from 10 and the number you are left with is your sex appeal score.

The lower the score the more surgery you need.

"Toss a coin.

Actually don't.... you work in a busy bar.... how many slammers do the attractive women have to down before they start asking you to show them your arse?

Subtract the number of drinks from 10 and the number you are left with is your sex appeal score.

The lower the score the more surgery you need."

How much action I get at work is kind of a moot point (even though I do get a few offers) my look doesn't really do it for our customers, they're the chavvy, townie type. This can't be whats putting people from here off as it is fairly accurate to my description on my profile, unless they've not read it properly?

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

I'd suggest you forget about the why did this happen, if you spend time asking why.. either via email or viewing the profile ( blocked or not) somebody else is messaging the person that might be interested in you,...

I always send a face picture with my first message , saves wasting anytime, you're going to have to sooner or later...be lucky..

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I'd def be interested if you weren't so far away (and I haven't even seen a face pic!) but I am afraid thats usually the way on here. If I had a car I'd rarely be home!

"Probably not. I've not got my photo public as I work in a bar and a few of my male customers are on here and they're a bit....odd. So just to be on the safe side I don't display it. My (finaly gets to it) point is, I'll be chatting to local girls, all is going fine, send them a pic and they instantly block me. My ego takes a battering, however I have developed a theory, could it be that they recognise me and panic? Any thoughts?

To test this theory move your profile area to Scotland and try the same. If you get the same results then you are probably a Moe Sizlack look a like.

There's a fairly good chance they do know me, especially baring in mind the age group, I'm a member of management in the busiest weekend bar in town."

I think you will find not everyone in your area will know you and even less will be on Fab so its a unlikely you are going to find more than a handful on the site you know who you haven't met before swinging.

» Add a new message to this topic