FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > WTF is the world coming to?

WTF is the world coming to?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ex-a-frolics OP   Couple  over a year ago

Brizzle

Do you watch the news? Well we just did both National & Local & wish we hadn’t yet again.

It was full of sad stories regarding stabbings, shootings, terrorism paedophiles & child abuse, to name a few, yes there was some good news but very little.

Even if we choose to not watch tv or read a paper it’s almost impossible to escape this or not be affected in some way.

Does the bad news become too “everyday” to shock us any more, & are the press to blame for desensitising it? Can’t say we remember kids killing kids years ago but now it’s almost an everyday occurrence & results in blasé comments.

We believe the punishemts are too lenient, serious criminals are being released too early & as for the gun laws in the US, don’t get us started, how many more people are going to die before they wake up & smell the coffee?

Discuss away!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

There is quite a lot to be gained by promoting a culture of fear.

Frightened people are easy to control.

By *ex-a-frolics OP   Couple  over a year ago

Brizzle

Not sure understand that comment, there are a lot of very frightened people in the world but also a lot of fearless too.

By *wisted2000Woman  over a year ago

under my rock cleethorpes

"There is quite a lot to be gained by promoting a culture of fear.

"

I don’t know how true it is but isn’t that something they do in America a lot? Use fear to control, even as simple as an advert and they’re made to believe if they don’t buy a specific product their health will suffer, I may be wrong here but it’s what I’ve heard, it carries over into the news too so I’m told

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The world hasn't become a mean and nasty place,it always has been one. There were stabbings and stuff going on years ago, there just wasn't so much news time to cover the stories. Paedophiles were about years ago but it was brushed under the carpet and the child not believed or even worse blamed. Gun crime has been rampant in the U.S. for many, many years. Sadly it is likely to remain a mean and nasty place for a very long time.

But let's not forget that there are many, many good events and good people out there too.

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

"Do you watch the news? Well we just did both National & Local & wish we hadn’t yet again.

It was full of sad stories regarding stabbings, shootings, terrorism paedophiles & child abuse, to name a few, yes there was some good news but very little.

Even if we choose to not watch tv or read a paper it’s almost impossible to escape this or not be affected in some way.

Does the bad news become too “everyday” to shock us any more, & are the press to blame for desensitising it? Can’t say we remember kids killing kids years ago but now it’s almost an everyday occurrence & results in blasé comments.

We believe the punishemts are too lenient, serious criminals are being released too early & as for the gun laws in the US, don’t get us started, how many more people are going to die before they wake up & smell the coffee?

Discuss away!

"

It wasn't 'better in the old days'. It's simply a case of more news channels today to report all the crap that's always gone on.

"

I don't watch the news and read hardly any news online. I have very little idea of what is going on in the world and I like it that way.

I don't watch the news and read hardly any news online. I have very little idea of what is going on in the world and I like it that way. "

I was like that until altercations got closer to my house

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

"Yes, friends, governments in capitalist society are but committees of the rich to manage the affairs of the capitalist class."-James Connolly.

News only show the bad stuff, every single day people get killed, stabbed, sexualy assault, overdose, terror attacks...etc, its just everyday life unfortunately. But what about all the nice happy stuff that happens every day, the person who bakes fresh yummy treats and hands them to the homeless to and from work, the group of friends who helped a baby duck find its way back to its mum, the care worker who always spends one of her two days off taking the kids she cares for out for the day...etc, theres way more good in the world but unfortunately the bad stuff is just easier to see and will always make it on the news

There was a time not that long ago when most TV news broadcasts ended on a lighthearted news story or a "feelgood" story. I can't say that i have noticed this happening very much in the recent past.

» Add a new message to this topic