FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > i think...........

i think...........

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *usty OP   Woman  over a year ago

inverclyde

time to look for another job, manager i work for is a real bitch, she dont have kids and certainly has no understanding when a person has kids/kid, when you request a shift you cannot work as you need to be with your child at a school prize giving as she has only you she goes off on one............. well am hunting now

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ue care and attentionWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

Don't let her win, take it over her head. Most organisations have a family friendly policy in order to retain good staff.

It's of no benefit to your employer to lose you and have to train up someone else.

Stick to your guns!

inverclyde

small company i work for and she has in the past had a high turnover of staff as she does not treat fairly

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I would find another job if i was you.

inverclyde

i will be and she can go to hell, her not having any maternal instincts at all she does not give a dam about anyone else

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

The problem is from a small business owners position is that losing staff to illness, family problems, holidays, and indeed even maternity leave....can be very difficult to work around.

With family issues they can start off as the odd day off, or shift change, and before you know it they can become an all too common practice....where workers just take it for granted that they will be able to change their shifts for the most trivial of reasons.

Now thats all very well in a business with a large workforce, but for many small businesses that can get out of hand very quickly, and once you do it for one staff member everyone else will see it as starting a precedant that they will be keen to exploit themselves.

So what may seem unacceptable by some people will be seen as very important by a small business owner or manager.

inverclyde

she is only the branch manager and only thinks of herself,we have a diary and in that we normally put in if we are not avail to work a shift then when we put in diary that not avail she moans, i never have the same shifts

birmingham

Being from the big organisation where I can maybe be more flexible with my staff, I can't help wondering if the staff would give and take more if they were better valued.

I know people who work for small 'companies' and the family atmosphere means that when one is off the others muck in and cover.

I think it also depends on how much they enjoy their job too. If you feel like leaving over this I am guessing that the job isn't very fullfilling either so may be the push you need to look for something better?

Good luck either way, family comes first

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Can't you swap the shift with someone else?

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

Surely that is why some small firms usually retain a lower paid junior to cover the occassional holes in staffing.

inverclyde

elkie i do enjoy the job but when you have a manager who is only interested in making sure she gets what hours she want to work and stuff the rest, we are open till either 8pm or 10pm and in other branches the managers take there fare share of late night she dont ........... my hrs are never the same from week to week and i do try to work my family life round when am not working sometimes it cant be done and then put in the diary that not avail so that she can do the rota she still moans

birmingham

"elkie i do enjoy the job but when you have a manager who is only interested in making sure she gets what hours she want to work and stuff the rest, we are open till either 8pm or 10pm and in other branches the managers take there fare share of late night she dont ........... my hrs are never the same from week to week and i do try to work my family life round when am not working sometimes it cant be done and then put in the diary that not avail so that she can do the rota she still moans "

I do sympathies. If she's the branch manager, can't you discuss it with her manager. Nothing to lose hun

inverclyde

they wont listen either so am just gonna not bother and look for something else now instead

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"they wont listen either so am just gonna not bother and look for something else now instead "

Im currently employing penis cleaners, various shafts, but not so flexible

inverclyde

lol

» Add a new message to this topic