FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Patience

Patience

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I just realised I don't have much when it comes to British Gas..

My boiler is broke and they cant fix it until next Thursday.. no heating, no hot water.. joys

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

That reminds me of last year, when we had no water for over a week with the snow.

Spent a fortune on bottle water and had to boil kettles to get hot water for a wash. Washing hair over the sink with a cup for rinsing was no fun at all

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Know its not much fun but at least its happened now and not in winter x

lucky for me, my shower is electric so i can use that to fill up the bath for little one

"Know its not much fun but at least its happened now and not in winter x"

that i'm definitely grateful for

we are on metered water and had a burst water pipe, when the bill came it was horrendous , not only had we been charged for the "lost" water but they had quadrupled our "waste" water cahrges too

I can't honestly remember sitting on the loo for that whole six months continually flushing it though

Of course we agreed to pay it all

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Do you not become a priority as you have a young child?

"we are on metered water and had a burst water pipe, when the bill came it was horrendous , not only had we been charged for the "lost" water but they had quadrupled our "waste" water cahrges too

I can't honestly remember sitting on the loo for that whole six months continually flushing it though

Of course we agreed to pay it all "

Dont get me started on the water company £60 a month is bloody day light robbery and i can not be put onto a meter

"Do you not become a priority as you have a young child?"

never mentioned it.. naturally i was polite to the gent on the phone and cursed him afterwards

"we are on metered water and had a burst water pipe, when the bill came it was horrendous , not only had we been charged for the "lost" water but they had quadrupled our "waste" water cahrges too

Of course we agreed to pay it all

Dont get me started on the water company £60 a month is bloody day light robbery and i can not be put onto a meter "

yee haaaaa

"Do you not become a priority as you have a young child?

never mentioned it.. naturally i was polite to the gent on the phone and cursed him afterwards

"

See PM hun x

Hate them. Moved to nPower in June. Oh, hang on, no, I didn't. Erroneous transfer. Back to BG. Phone call. Transfer. Oops, erroneous transfer. Back to BG. Phone call, anger. Transfer. Oops, erroneous transfer. Phone call. Threats to customer service manager. Transfer. To fucking Scottish Power?!? They haven't had it since 2008. Phone call. Computer says no. National database says Scottish Power. NO, IT FUCKING DOESN'T!

A guy at nPower said these "erroneous transfers" happen a lot more than people realise. I think they do it deliberately to frustrate you into just giving up.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Usually if your disabled or have a child under 5 they have to do it with in 24 or 48 hours

You have an electric shower, and i for one havent even put my heating on yet.

You could always boil a kettle for any washing up ect

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I always thought in a rented accommodation it is the landlord’s responsibility to arrange maintenance of things like boilers.

S.W. Water...what a rip off they are...on a meter and just got an estimated bill for £200.00 for a quarter!..then again they are experts in ripping off a captive audience!

"I always thought in a rented accommodation it is the landlord’s responsibility to arrange maintenance of things like boilers."

It is, she's on the case. She is so relaxed about everything and lets me deal with everything. So just easier to phone up British Gas.

"S.W. Water...what a rip off they are...on a meter and just got an estimated bill for £200.00 for a quarter!..then again they are experts in ripping off a captive audience!"

Wish my flat could be metered. £60 a month for me

And south West Water wonder why they are unpopular!! Apparantly the govt are going to rebate our bills as they are so high , but I suspect SWW will find another charge to levy us with so that it dosent happen!

Jays water rates for his houses in plymouth are £900 a year

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

Got back from a trip to US and saw water people at local pub, and found out water had failed that morning.

Bimbled up road and given 6 x 2l bottles of water and supply came back next day.

Have kept them for a just in case it happens again. We lose electricity for about 10 to 12 hours each year, and oil needs electricity to pump it, and gas boilers need it too. So most people have a solid fuel burner, advantage you can cook on top if pushed.

It is coming up to winter, so time to think about what to do if we get bad snow again.

"Jays water rates for his houses in plymouth are £900 a year"

ouch

And I complain at mine at £290 per year

We pay nearly 900 a year for water on a meter....and it isnt as if you get good service for that either..our neighbours had raw sewage running through thier garden from a broken main in the road and SWW took 2 weeks and a call to the environment agency to take it seriously!

» Add a new message to this topic