FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Another new phone scam?

Another new phone scam?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *UNCHBOX OP   Man  over a year ago

folkestone

Just had an interesting phone call with 'john' an Indian sounding man who asked me if anyone at my address had been involved in a car accident in the last 3 years. He mumbled something about solicitors, so i asked him what firm of solicitors he worked for, and he mumbled something i couldnt understand, i repeated it again and he put the phone down.

Im guessing this is another phone scam where they want some personal/bank details. Anyone else had a similar phone call?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

No, but I've made a few.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yeah had this one a couple of times now, i just said No to both questions, and he rang off.

By *ofakindCouple  over a year ago

Running with Monkeys

Say yes then ask what they're wearing... They soon put the phone down, experiences

yes i have had it as well and the text message to say you are owed ££ for your accident I dont evan know what accident i havent had one unless they are phycic

I have phone calls like this all the time, what they then say is "you have a loan" am I right. Told one company that rang me 4 times in half and hour, it was harrassment and if they rang me again, I would report them to the police

i have had this phone call once or twice but i do get a simillar text message every few days

"yes i have had it as well and the text message to say you are owed ££ for your accident I dont evan know what accident i havent had one unless they are phycic "

Ive had that 1 as well and like you dont know what accident I had , I just hope people dont get caught by it x

"i have had this phone call once or twice but i do get a simillar text message every few days"

If its one of the test messages that say send "STOP" or similar don't do it as they know the mobile no is live. The best policy is to ignore or contact your mobile network and complain.

"i have had this phone call once or twice but i do get a simillar text message every few days

If its one of the test messages that say send "STOP" or similar don't do it as they know the mobile no is live. The best policy is to ignore or contact your mobile network and complain."

I just deleted it , if i had sent back stop what would have happened ?

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

We never answer calls that have no number attached. Of those that come through with numbers, if they are not on my phone I don't answer. But I do then put the number into Google to see if it has been reported elsewhere as a company or con!

We also tell new contaqcts our contact number, but get theirs so we can add it in and we know who they are.

"....

If its one of the test messages that say send "STOP" or similar don't do it as they know the mobile no is live. The best policy is to ignore or contact your mobile network and complain.

I just deleted it , if i had sent back stop what would have happened ? "

It would flag your number up as active and added to a list and sold around to other scammers and more calls.

"....

I just deleted it , if i had sent back stop what would have happened ?

It would flag your number up as active and added to a list and sold around to other scammers and more calls."

Blooming glad i just deleted it then thank you .

» Add a new message to this topic