FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Raptor v Euro

Raptor v Euro

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Have just been listening to a debate,regarding the f22 and the euro fighter...usaf considers the f22 to be unmatched by any known or projected fighter..i think im in agreement to that view..what do you think?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

I think if it really suited the Yanks to switch off the electonic components of any other nations fighter ( of which they supplied ) they would do so without hesitation.

Does it really matter when the poor Afghan and tribal Pakistanis don't have so much as an Airfix kit? Even the Libyans kit was a bit antiquated. More so now.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think you are trying to bait all the military personel to come out and play!

"Have just been listening to a debate,regarding the f22 and the euro fighter...usaf considers the f22 to be unmatched by any known or projected fighter..i think im in agreement to that view..what do you think?"

Sorry, that one is right over my head ...

*hangs head in shame*

hell I thought this was a thread about sports ATV's

We've had both , these days just got the Predator "waiting" and ready ta go

Personally neither, the mikoyan -MiG 35 is a far better aerial weapons system, due to it's ability (and technology) to operate with negative ground support.

Faster than the Typhoon (or eurofighter) the MiG can achieve Mach 2.25 as opposed to the typhoon and Mach 2, carries a greater payload (30% more). The manoeuvrability of the aircraft makes it a "medium weight" fighter, essentially it's ability to turn "flat" and roar off at an extra .25 Mach would have a eurofighter pilot worried.

Although it has less range (if we exclude it's ability to take 3 extra fuel tanks) it has double the "combat" range of the Typhoon

The F22 Sits in a different class to the Typhoon and MiG it would be better to compare the above two aircraft with an F18. The F22 is designated as a "stealth fighter" has five less "hard points" (weapon or fuel carrying "nodes") than the MiG and again, half the combat range.....

Just my opinion......

Bradford

Thanks Jane

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

"

Thanks Jane"

Oh very good ha ha ha

"

Thanks Jane"

Well she did ask.........

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Personally neither, the mikoyan -MiG 35 is a far better aerial weapons system, due to it's ability (and technology) to operate with negative ground support.

Faster than the Typhoon (or eurofighter) the MiG can achieve Mach 2.25 as opposed to the typhoon and Mach 2, carries a greater payload (30% more). The manoeuvrability of the aircraft makes it a "medium weight" fighter, essentially it's ability to turn "flat" and roar off at an extra .25 Mach would have a eurofighter pilot worried.

Although it has less range (if we exclude it's ability to take 3 extra fuel tanks) it has double the "combat" range of the Typhoon

The F22 Sits in a different class to the Typhoon and MiG it would be better to compare the above two aircraft with an F18. The F22 is designated as a "stealth fighter" has five less "hard points" (weapon or fuel carrying "nodes") than the MiG and again, half the combat range.....

Just my opinion......

"

If you are a military man, I'm fine with this post.

If you're not, you REALLY need to get out more.

So where does this leave the f16...redundant i presume..

"

If you're not, you REALLY need to get out more."

Let's just say...... No let's not..... (wanders off with "take my breath away" playing in the background.......)

By *iandsylviaCouple  over a year ago

Ely

Your all wrong,go for the Su-47 Berkut!Hand’s down the best dogfighting Jet fighter. The Su-47 has extreme maneuverability. A byproduct of it’s forward swept wing design. It is not as stealthy as the F-22 Raptor however it makes that up agility and the ability to carry much more weapons than the F-22 Raptor. The jet uses hard points as well as internal weapon bays.

"Your all wrong,go for the Su-47 Berkut!Hand’s down the best dogfighting Jet fighter. The Su-47 has extreme maneuverability. A byproduct of it’s forward swept wing design. It is not as stealthy as the F-22 Raptor however it makes that up agility and the ability to carry much more weapons than the F-22 Raptor. The jet uses hard points as well as internal weapon bays.

"

ummmmm interesting..

Edinburgh

Okay.

I need clarification.

Are we talking about some kind of Fighter Pilot game on the X-Box or Playstation or something?

Or are you people seriously up to speed (no pun intended) on military hardware to this extent?

"So where does this leave the f16...redundant i presume.."

Ah the f18 or "super hornet" is getting a little long in the tooth now, only able o achieve Mach 1.8, although like the MiG has the ability to have single and duo seating.

The f18 Again has half the combat radius of the MiG but comparable to the Typhoon, as both planes can be ship launched this is not such an issue.

Has more "hard points" but due to weight cannot come close in destructive power to the MiG, it's ageing software also requires ground support (hence the lower combat range of this, the F22 and the Typhoon). The MiG has an OLS (Optical Locator System) Which negates the need for GCI (ground controlled interception).

Again I prefer the MiG...

Bradford

My MG turned into a right old rust bucket.

"

Let's just say...... No let's not..... (wanders off with "take my breath away" playing in the background.......)

Lol i like that

"

By *iandsylviaCouple  over a year ago

Ely

[Removed by poster at 05/10/11 17:38:19]

My apologies I gave you a run down on the F18 and not the F16 Fighting Falcon.

The F16 Is slow (for a given value) at Mach 1.2 (at sea level rising to Mach 2 at altitude) carries a good payload (but not laser guided like the MiG) and again a third of the combat range.

Ho hum

Edinburgh

"

"

*does above and below backhanded high-five thing*

In TOTALLY hetorosexual way of course. Not gay. Not with all that oil. Playing volleyball. In sunglasses. And shorts. Nope. Straight as a dye....

"My apologies I gave you a run down on the F18 and not the F16 Fighting Falcon.

The F16 Is slow (for a given value) at Mach 1.2 (at sea level rising to Mach 2 at altitude) carries a good payload (but not laser guided like the MiG) and again a third of the combat range.

Ho hum

"

I guessed that...no worries..

To be honest it's difficult to assess because of pilot skill and technology, for manoeuvrability I would probably suggest the MiG 29, as it is the only plane (I believe) currently flying that is built to withstand 22g ( or 22 x the force of gravity) coupled with the pilots of a MiG 29 being, well to be blunt, mad. What this plane is able to achieve at speed os Mach 1.75 or above is nothing short of miraculous. The tech in the 35 make it a better all round system

As i live quite close to a usaf base,these magnificent machines of technology have always excited me..just watching them take to the sky,afterburners blazing,plus the vertical lifts mmmmmm

enough to induce an orgasm sometimes lol..

"As i live quite close to a usaf base,these magnificent machines of technology have always excited me..just watching them take to the sky,afterburners blazing,plus the vertical lifts mmmmmm

enough to induce an orgasm sometimes lol.."

Oh well if you are going to talk about sex I'm leaving..... Sheesh.... Some people

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"To be honest it's difficult to assess because of pilot skill and technology, for manoeuvrability I would probably suggest the MiG 29, as it is the only plane (I believe) currently flying that is built to withstand 22g ( or 22 x the force of gravity) coupled with the pilots of a MiG 29 being, well to be blunt, mad. What this plane is able to achieve at speed os Mach 1.75 or above is nothing short of miraculous. The tech in the 35 make it a better all round system "

OK 'fess up. Are you Kelly McGillis?

"As i live quite close to a usaf base,these magnificent machines of technology have always excited me..just watching them take to the sky,afterburners blazing,plus the vertical lifts mmmmmm

enough to induce an orgasm sometimes lol.."

Good job the pilots don't react like that cos there would be jizz all over the cockpit.

Cum to think of it.

Ahh thats why its called a cockpit

Like all of these questions the answer is "that depends".

Strictly in air-to-air combat the F-22's low-signatures and AESA radar give it an advantage but it is saddled with what are now rather dated air-to-air weapons - AMRAAM and AIM-9X.

Eurofighter has pretty low signatures from the front but its radar technology is slightly behind F-22 (for a few more years anyway) and it will soon sport more advanced air-to-air weapons such as Meteor.

Then again, Eurofighter has considerably greater multi-role capability than the F-22 which obviously would make it more attractive to forces that require that kind of capability. Eurofighter can operate easily from remote bases with minimal support (the rapid deployment role) which the F-22 can not and one can purchase probably 5 Eurofighters for the cost on an F-22.

So which one is really better?

Good job the pilots don't react like that cos there would be jizz all over the cockpit.

Cum to think of it.

Ahh thats why its called a cockpit "

Blatant over use of toy thought you was cutting back

Cum to think of it.

Blatant over use of toy thought you was cutting back "

I was overcum

ether way the f-22 still looks cool as fuck

"ether way the f-22 still looks cool as fuck "

yes it does..very much so

Cum to think of it.

Blatant over use of toy thought you was cutting back

I was overcum "

Your doing it wrong then you should be cumover

Edinburgh

It's good to know that in the event of aliens attacking the planet and wiping out our military capabilities there would be civilians who could 'saddle up' in the fighter of their choice and save the human race from extinction.

Until that happens however, I find myself deeply perturbed.

"It's good to know that in the event of aliens attacking the planet and wiping out our military capabilities there would be civilians who could 'saddle up' in the fighter of their choice and save the human race from extinction.

"

It worked in Independence Day didnt it

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

this is what happens when people get "Top Trumps - Planes Edition"....

nerds the lot of ya!!!

"this is what happens when people get "Top Trumps - Planes Edition"....

nerds the lot of ya!!! "

Now I havnt had nerds in ages , I like the pink ones the best

"It's good to know that in the event of aliens attacking the planet and wiping out our military capabilities there would be civilians who could 'saddle up' in the fighter of their choice and save the human race from extinction.

"

Ya gavarou pah rousky, net problemi, harashou? ....... Tak

By *eavy Metal BallzMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Wow you guys are having a proper geek off!

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Well........ hate to say it, but you are all wrong....

I take a piece of A4 paper, fold it this way and that, and I make a paper plane.....

then I gives it to Chuck Norris... and, well, its all over, innit?

"Like all of these questions the answer is "that depends".

Strictly in air-to-air combat the F-22's low-signatures and AESA radar give it an advantage but it is saddled with what are now rather dated air-to-air weapons - AMRAAM and AIM-9X.

Eurofighter has pretty low signatures from the front but its radar technology is slightly behind F-22 (for a few more years anyway) and it will soon sport more advanced air-to-air weapons such as Meteor.

Then again, Eurofighter has considerably greater multi-role capability than the F-22 which obviously would make it more attractive to forces that require that kind of capability. Eurofighter can operate easily from remote bases with minimal support (the rapid deployment role) which the F-22 can not and one can purchase probably 5 Eurofighters for the cost on an F-22.

So which one is really better? "

Only one way ta find out ..........FIGHT xx

Nerdy ummmmm maybe,geeky possibly...f22 more like catch 22....go figure it out ha ha

Call it a telepathic prediction of certain posts....if you like

By *hite SnakeMan  over a year ago

leeds

So where does this leave the spitfire and the hurricane?

In the history books..i guess

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

Spitfire with metal skin, big radar target, easy kill.

Hurricane may be a smaller signature, due to cloth covering.

Mosquito with cloth and wooden frame maybe even better.

Not looked at turning radii, but the slow speed if you got to a gun on gun kill could be interesting. Alas a modern jet would simply run, and then engage from a stand off distance or utilise longer gun range.

China with an aircraft carrier on the way, and advances in aircraft may be more of a risk.

Chances of an engagement between Typhoon/F22 and high end Russion models is slight, Russia tends to keep best models/tech for itself still, just as US does.

Still the best way to deal with enemy aircraft is destroy them on the ground before they take off, and is what most planning goes into.

I helped do testing on the Eurofighter some 20gulp years ago. So I'm biased for that reason and the fact I know sod all about the others!

Bradford

Surprising fact re Aircraft carriers. The USA apparentky has 11 of the thngs.

Behind them, one country alone has two.

Surprise, surprise it's Italy.

I suppose it's so they can hedge their bets as to which side they would like to be on.

By *oDownEasyMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

And each of those carriers probably has more strike capacity than many entire countries ...with even bigger ones on the way! We only have dinky ones(with no planes yet!) The worrying ones will be China & India.

And for the record I favour the F22...if only because it has a better version for FSX on my PC Even though the Spitfire is a waaaay lovlier plane(and that sound! Gorgeous!)

(Yes,I am a major plane geek)

"And each of those carriers probably has more strike capacity than many entire countries ...with even bigger ones on the way! We only have dinky ones(with no planes yet!) The worrying ones will be China & India.

And for the record I favour the F22...if only because it has a better version for FSX on my PC Even though the Spitfire is a waaaay lovlier plane(and that sound! Gorgeous!)

(Yes,I am a major plane geek)"

good for you.....nothing wrong with being a plane geek....and the topguns that fly them...well i need say no more apart from yum yum ..yes please..

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

Wait until ai based drone swarms appear, small launch from any ship/sub and on small explosive load needed to disable most manned aircraft

Bradford

"And each of those carriers probably has more strike capacity than many entire countries ...with even bigger ones on the way! We only have dinky ones(with no planes yet!) The worrying ones will be China & India.

(Yes,I am a major plane geek)"

Why should it be a worry that China and India are acquiring aircraft carriers?

It's not as though the UK picks a fight with a decent enemy that can fight back now is it? Iraq, Afghanistan, poor tribal areas of Pakistan ( the official ones apparently have nukes so we pay them handsomely in aid )and poor old Libya.

» Add a new message to this topic