FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Amanda Knox

Amanda Knox

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As we seem to have a legal thing going on this week involving miscarriages of justice I thought I'd raise the issue of Amanda Knox and her ex-boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito.

Are they innocent, or have they got off on a technicality?

A glaring omission from her original trial was that there was no trace of Knox's DNA anywhere in Meredith Kerscher's room, and if you were fighting for your life you would pulling and scratching at anything within touching distance wouldn't you?

The third guy convicted has had his conviction upheld as his DNA was swarming all over Meredith's room.

Knox and her then boyfriend were seen elsewhere at the time of the killing but those witnesses were never called.

Based upon this previously unused evidence I believe she's innocent, but then I always thought her conviction was shaky to start with.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uby In StockingsTV/TS  over a year ago

Cheadle

open and shut case???, probably not, but further proof that we should never bring back or condone the death penalty in this, our civilised country, however, I do believe life should mean life, and what is wrong with hard labour????, whoops have I stepped in some doggy poo???

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

This is a difficult one to weigh up! So many conflicting reports and the fact that a major PR campaign was launched to put Amanda Knox in a better light.

A mate of mine who clings on to any conspiracy theory he can find has said that she was released and the conviction overturned because the American government agreed to help Italy with it’s debt crisis! But then, he also believes that I am conspiring to sleep with his wife by letting Mrs R become “very friendly” with her! (I’m not!)

One thing though that I do not understand. The prosecution have said they will appeal if the original conviction was overturned. If that is the case, how has she been allowed out of Italy? I think we all know how protective the USA are of their citizens, so they will never agree an extradition.

And at the back of all this turmoil and staying very dignified are the Kercher family. They have handled themselves very well in all this and have my admiration.

Out of all this they now have a dilemma! At the time of the original trial, it was agreed that the one remaining convicted murderer, Rudy Guede did not act alone. He actually implicated both Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito in the murder and has had his conviction upheld. Was this just to take some of the heat off him? What did he have to gain?

I have to admit, I have no idea what is going on! I look at the “evidence” such as we have and still have no idea! Amanda Knox and Rafaele Sollecito have been found innocent on appeal, but something just doesn’t sit right! After all, although it is a long way from Murder, Amanda Knox did try to “frame” an innocent man for the murder…

By *unnymuncherMan  over a year ago

Carmel

Freed!! Might be worth keeping an eye out in the meets section for "Foxy Knoxy's house party"

I know girls like to get impailed during group sex but to end up stabbed....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"At the time of the original trial, it was agreed that the one remaining convicted murderer, Rudy Guede did not act alone. He actually implicated both Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito in the murder and has had his conviction upheld. Was this just to take some of the heat off him? What did he have to gain?"

He went a different route of justice, didn't he? On the advice of lawyers. Implicating others would also be advisable in any justice system where reasonable doubt is an element. Introduce reasonable doubt and you increase your chance of acquittal.

I think the lack of DNA evidence will come as a shock to the 'no smoke without fire' fans. Surely DNA sorts everything out now? It's a failsafe, right?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

my daughter in law is out in perugia reporting on the trial ...she honestly was shocked at the "innocent" verdict i think the reporters were all expecting a "not proven " ..... and i agree the lack of DNA tells it all

» Add a new message to this topic