FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > New Scam

New Scam

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oantrimcpl2010 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

Not sure if this has been done before, or other people know about it. Today i recieved an e mail from my bank sayin my account was suspended for the day, and had to e mail them back details as i had enterted password wrong 3 times.

As i dont use on line banking, i was a little suss and phoned the bank, they told me it is a scam and they want you to enter bank details and this is how the scammers get the info.

So be careful xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

anyone who emails you, ask you to click on a link to verify yourself with information...

a scam...

no banks or HMRC would.

By *awnpaulCouple  over a year ago

Hounslow

No shit Sherlock......

By *razydriver8Couple  over a year ago

plymouth

weird.....

just had from from a Halifax asking me to verify my account details...

and i dont bank with them.. but forwarded it to halifax's phishing department..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have lost count of the times i get emailed that my hsbc account has been suspended and i dont have one. have also had them about halifax too

"I have lost count of the times i get emailed that my hsbc account has been suspended and i dont have one. have also had them about halifax too"

+1

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"No shit Sherlock......"

Lisburn

It was from the Halifax, who i do bank with, but this is the 1st time i had heard/seen anything like this.

good on ya for having your wits about you

there's plenty that dont

Halifax...HSBC....Barclays....Lloyds....and lost count of the number of parcels waiting for me at FedEx and UPS - really should get round to collecting them

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

" weird.....

just had from from a Halifax asking me to verify my account details...

and i dont bank with them.. but forwarded it to halifax's phishing department.. "

sarah gets those frequently...

hover yr mouse over the 'senders' email addy and you will be surprised the address that comes up

By *ne-just4funMan  over a year ago

Southampton

I had three emails from google today, asking me to re enter my account back up payment method. Ie credit card details.

So i logged onto the web site..very convincing i must say..and gave them a load of bogus info. (well i was bored)

Wonder if the sussed Mr Your A Twat was not my real name??

By *elsh_lass74Woman  over a year ago

South Wales

I get loads from paypal, says they have taken money for a sky payment and if its an error to fill in details etc!! Always forward to paypal as they all scams.

By *oDownEasyMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Its certain that any email liek that is fake, and a phishing scam. No reputable company, let alone a bank or paypal, would ever do that!

By *ex.IncCouple  over a year ago

Castleford

This has been going on for years. I regularly get them, even with banks i dont use.

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

Banking scams are bad enough, just this evening i got one which asked if i wanted a meet. Charming.

By *razydriver8Couple  over a year ago

plymouth

just had this one... any one else had anything like it.. actually had 3 today asking for details, all about giving me a job..!!!!!!!

UK EMPLOYMENT

My Name is Harry Green a representative from Welsh Art Department. We are seeking workers/representative in UK, who are interested in working for our company. in processing & handling payments from our customers & we offer a very attractive remuneration package & good

carrier prospects. If interested, kindly reply back to us asap via mysterypop2007@aol.com

Name:

Address:

City:

State:

Zip code:

Sex:

Direct Cell phone:

Just had one from Bank of America.....my account is suspended because of invalid login attempts...bugger obviously I forgot my password...

By *ue care and attentionWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

Yes, keep getting the Halifax one here too!

"No shit Sherlock......"

I get the impression you are not keen on folk raising awareness?

If EVERYONE shared nothing about scams then I would safely say there would be far more victims to these robbing b***ards ......don't you think?

Hounslow

Very true, many apologies. Too much cider after a hot day at work and had Farcebook open in another window where I was winding up friends Seem to have got a tad confused, going to check Farcebook now and see if I've posted anything on there that was meant for here......deep breath! Sorry

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

Well .... im ashamed of you ... Come to my room!

Hounslow

Just spent the last five minutes frantically deleting inappropriate posts on Farcebook. Dawn's in Scotland for a few days with family, and I'm going to be in so much trouble when she gets back! Do you take in lodgers? I may need shelter until she calms down

"Very true, many apologies. Too much cider after a hot day at work and had Farcebook open in another window where I was winding up friends Seem to have got a tad confused, going to check Farcebook now and see if I've posted anything on there that was meant for here......deep breath! Sorry "

Fair play to you coming back and apologising

Less cider tonight?

I hope you didn't share your Fab posts with your Facebook friends

"Just spent the last five minutes frantically deleting inappropriate posts on Farcebook. Dawn's in Scotland for a few days with family, and I'm going to be in so much trouble when she gets back! Do you take in lodgers? I may need shelter until she calms down "

Oh dear

Social networking and alcohol can be a bit lethal

Hounslow

No more cider, ever! It could have been worse, but I did do some wincing.......bit like when I logged back on here. Going to go and clean the house now before Dawn gets home, and do the washing.........better make her favourite dinner too.......that might just do it., perhaps. Gulp! Genuinely sorry

Lisburn

lol I checked this morning, that i didnt come on last night when we got home, Have posted a few times when d*unk... not a pretty site

"lol I checked this morning, that i didnt come on last night when we got home, Have posted a few times when d*unk... not a pretty site "

Yep! Had those moments too

Lisburn

"lol I checked this morning, that i didnt come on last night when we got home, Have posted a few times when d*unk... not a pretty site

Yep! Had those moments too "

some of the things ive posted when d*unk, have made me cringe lol

"lol I checked this morning, that i didnt come on last night when we got home, Have posted a few times when d*unk... not a pretty site

some of the things ive posted when d*unk, have made me cringe lol "

Don't waste your time

Lisburn

some of the things ive posted when d*unk, have made me cringe lol

Don't waste your time "

*giggles*

By *riseeTV/TS  over a year ago

MacKay

One solution to this is to use virtual email addresses. Yahoo and Hotmail offer the feature. I've been using it on my own servers since the 1980s.

Then every time you sign up with a site or deal with a new company you give an email suited to them:

hsbc201107@domainname.com That tells me it was HSBC and I gave them the email in July 2011.

You can use any intelligent system you like. Some of my email addresses simply have a 2 digit year on the end for 'more general' communications. If I get spam, I deactivate the address and increment the number

If I get spam on a corporate address, I notify them that they have given our my address or had an address book harvested. Then I change the address.

Works

My spam has gone down from 14000 a week to only 3000

» Add a new message to this topic