FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The return of weekly bin collections

The return of weekly bin collections

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone else hear this on the news?

Now that blows the "pay peanuts and you employ monkeys" theory completely out of the water cos we have a whole pile of the OVERPAID fookers running the UK

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just been talking about this with friend from work ,I'm a happy bunny means I don't have to clean out maggot infested bins at work cos they don't understand all the bins we have

We've always had weekly collections in our area...the bin men even take the bins out of your drive and put them on the curb for you.

They don't shout and hold loud conversations either...well drilled team the boys from Lewisham!

"Anyone else hear this on the news?

Now that blows the "pay peanuts and you employ monkeys" theory completely out of the water cos we have a whole pile of the OVERPAID fookers running the UK "

The level of fly tipping going on may have something to do with this. Its a good idea never the less.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

a good thing for sure in our area as the locals here dump their rubbish in the local forest

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

If you have a house and garden, then smelly bins should not happen, as most food can be composted or coned.

Flats though in summer weekly collections are really needed, particularly if foxes nearby as they will always find a way to get to a bin store.

In country so while we all use bin bags, we put bins out and binmen remove bags, Saves having bags ripped open by wildlife.

By *lack_BoltMan  over a year ago

oxford

"We've always had weekly collections in our area...the bin men even take the bins out of your drive and put them on the curb for you.

They don't shout and hold loud conversations either...well drilled team the boys from Lewisham! "

OMG!!! Well you just wait until the drugs start to wear out. Then you'll be sorry.

We seldom fill any of our three bins and they're almost always collected half full. The normal one is emptied weekly and the Recycle and Green bins are rotated each week. I see no point switching back to weekly collection for all of them, but it should be calculated on each area as to the needs of the public that the council are obligated to provide.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

They moved to fortnightly waste collections here and introduced a recycling collection on the alternate Wednesday.

Now, my recycling bin is full each fortnight and my waste bin maybe a third full each fortnight.

So it's working for me.

The push to restore weekly waste collections is in England only. Pickles has no jurisdiction here.

Apparently in our area we are going to get another bin for recycling plastics, and I'd say it is about time too!

Being on my own, my bin is seldom full even after 2 weeks. However, I can appreciate it can be an issue for bigger families.

By *azmissy67Woman  over a year ago

welshpool area

always had weekly bin collections here even on bank holidays - food and plastics doorstep collections aswell ! Costs us five pence to have a carrier bag tho hehe

I think it's a backward step really.

One thing I do wish my local council would do is to continue to collect green waste through the winter. They only collect cardboard for 3 months which means most times the bin men drive round and there is nothing out for them to collect.

And at a time when many are trimming trees and shrubs and could do with the waste collecting.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

We've been very lucky here in Hull, as weekly collections have been maintained, for general waste, and for the newly introduced food waste bins, brought in about 18 months ago.

Recyclable rubbish, such as glass, certain plastics, paper, cardboard and clothing is collected fornightly, but the Council invested in extra large bins for these items, and it works well.

My brother in comparison, gets less of a service where he lives in Derbyshire. Pity some councils can deal with the subject well, whilst others can't or don't want to.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

Our area turned from well kept streets to student bed sitter land over the course of a few weeks.

Tired of lugging huge bins round the back most of us decided to leave them out front; especially those with garages.

Weekly collections wont cure that as im sure they wont take the huge ugly bins back.

We have the following.

1.Green bin for garden stuff

2,Grey bin for non recycleables.

3.Green kitchen caddy for food.

4.Larger food caddy to empty the kitchen caddy into.

5. Green box for tins and bottles

6. Brown bag for shoes etc

7. White bag for clothes

8. Blue bag for newspapers n mags.

I forget the rest........

If people think im talking shit .... read Sefton Councils homepage.

By *waymanMan  over a year ago

newcastle

"Just been talking about this with friend from work ,I'm a happy bunny means I don't have to clean out maggot infested bins at work cos they don't understand all the bins we have "

You do know Pickles is talking about domestic not commercial waste don't you?

"Just been talking about this with friend from work ,I'm a happy bunny means I don't have to clean out maggot infested bins at work cos they don't understand all the bins we have

You do know Pickles is talking about domestic not commercial waste don't you?"

Yes but as I work in a domestic house with a difference it really hasnt worked out well for us so much so that we were looking into getting the commercial bins in .

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

Our subsidised bus service is going, leaving many elderly people stranded.

The meals on wheels in the village is going.

But cos a vocal minority cant be bothered to sort rubbish, reduce waste and wrap rubbish then a fortune is going to be wasted on pandering to them.

"Our subsidised bus service is going, leaving many elderly people stranded.

But cos a vocal minority cant be bothered to sort rubbish, reduce waste and wrap rubbish then a fortune is going to be wasted on pandering to them.

"

My Dad use to work in a recycling centre and he was shocked at how much of it comes in and then goes straight to landfill and not because it wasnt recyclable but because it was cheaper to do that than employ people and then transport stuff to correct centres .

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"Our subsidised bus service is going, leaving many elderly people stranded.

My Dad use to work in a recycling centre and he was shocked at how much of it comes in and then goes straight to landfill and not because it wasnt recyclable but because it was cheaper to do that than employ people and then transport stuff to correct centres ."

Then that wud be another far better use of the money...

By *iercedTattooedBBWWoman  over a year ago

bangor

"Our area turned from well kept streets to student bed sitter land over the course of a few weeks.

Tired of lugging huge bins round the back most of us decided to leave them out front; especially those with garages.

Weekly collections wont cure that as im sure they wont take the huge ugly bins back.

We have the following.

7. White bag for clothes

If people think im talking shit .... read Sefton Councils homepage. "

wow how confused would i be! Here we have,

Large green bin for normal fortnightly collection

Large brown bin (fortnightly) for grass, hedges and food waste

Small brown caddy for taking food from the kitchen the said large brown bin!

2 blue buckets for cardboard, plastics, glass, batteries, cans, collected every week.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

People who think they`re automatically going to get their weekly bin collection back may be in for a shock. Apparently, there`s conditions applied that may mean that those councils claiming may not get the available grant. Another Tory crowd pleasing promise that`s as empty as the bins that have been emptied!

And for the record, in my area, the District and Borough Councils are getting together to standardise on ONE system for the whole county! And this includes the Tory led Bournemouth Borough!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

"Our area turned from well kept streets to student bed sitter land over the course of a few weeks.

We have the following.

7. White bag for clothes

If people think im talking shit .... read Sefton Councils homepage.

wow how confused would i be! Here we have,

Large green bin for normal fortnightly collection

Large brown bin (fortnightly) for grass, hedges and food waste

Small brown caddy for taking food from the kitchen the said large brown bin!

2 blue buckets for cardboard, plastics, glass, batteries, cans, collected every week."

Same as us ! What do you put your clothes in and newspapers ?

» Add a new message to this topic