FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Gossip!

Gossip!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was talking to someone this morning who told me about an "incident" he had been told about involving someone we knew.

His information was wrong (I had witnessed it) and showed the person in bad light.

It got me thinking about how quick we are to judge.

Do you listen to gossip? Do you bear in mind there's always two sides to a story?

Does the source of the gossip affect how you treat it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I always think you should listen to what people say about others to you because that’s what they’re saying to others about you

Ads

By *ilent.KnightMan  over a year ago

Swindon

"I was talking to someone this morning who told me about an "incident" he had been told about involving someone we knew.

His information was wrong (I had witnessed it) and showed the person in bad light.

Do you listen to gossip? Do you bear in mind there's always two sides to a story?

Does the source of the gossip affect how you treat it? "

ooohhh who told you ? Who told them ? What did they say ?

Nope. Don’t gossip.

I walked in on two former colleagues talking about me being gay. I pretended I hadn't heard them, got on with work. I thought it would be funnier to let them carry on gossiping.

Yes. If it is important I test it’s veracity if possible otherwise I note it and wait for truth to emerge. If not important I’m not really interested.

If I know it to be untrue I confront it

I always bear in mind there's two sides to everything. If I pass on gossip then later find out it was wrong, I make sure I go back and correct it with all the people I told. If it's really personal or bad I wouldn't pass it on in the first place though.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"I was talking to someone this morning who told me about an "incident" he had been told about involving someone we knew.

I have heard stories about me on here that are totally untrue. I find gossip mildly amusing at times, but nothing you hear on here can be relied on to be true and there are always at least 3 sides.

By *itch and TwatCouple  over a year ago

Near Rushden Lakes

We recently ditched a couple of friends (swingers, but friends not lovers) who told a pack of lies behind our backs to influence other people. We caught them out. They were defensive and refused to talk about it. Deleted. Blocked. Good riddance. Childish stuff indeed, and if either of them are reading this, you should be ashamed.

"I walked in on two former colleagues talking about me being gay. I pretended I hadn't heard them, got on with work. I thought it would be funnier to let them carry on gossiping."

Ha! I hope you played it a bit camp around them after that?

I find gossip amusing, but bear in mind that there is more than one side to a story. I've heard some beauts about me in the past, usually you can see how the story has developed and twisted over a period of time. Generally I find those that are habitual gossipers I take all of what they say with a pinch if salt.

Ginger

"I always bear in mind there's two sides to everything. If I pass on gossip then later find out it was wrong, I make sure I go back and correct it with all the people I told. If it's really personal or bad I wouldn't pass it on in the first place though."

That's a good point too-how many others has he told it to who don't know the true story and are now thinking badly of someone who did nothing wrong.

"I find gossip amusing, but bear in mind that there is more than one side to a story. I've heard some beauts about me in the past, usually you can see how the story has developed and twisted over a period of time. Generally I find those that are habitual gossipers I take all of what they say with a pinch if salt.

Ginger "

It's like chinese whispers, changes with every pass.

I always think if the ‘gossiper’ is saying something bad about someone else then what are they saying about me? In my experience gossips are horrible, shallow people best avoided! Mrs D x

"I find gossip amusing, but bear in mind that there is more than one side to a story. I've heard some beauts about me in the past, usually you can see how the story has developed and twisted over a period of time. Generally I find those that are habitual gossipers I take all of what they say with a pinch if salt.

Ginger

It's like chinese whispers, changes with every pass. "

The two about me that stick in mind are, I had brain cancer, when in fact I had PCOS and when I was pregnant and didn't know who the Dad was just because I didn't feel like drinking one night.

Ginger

We don't take much notice of gossip, too many people will only listen to one side and then stories can get exaggerated.

We have been on the receiving end of gossip, sometimes it can be very hurtful and sometimes it can be laughable. Not many people take the time to know the truth before taking judgement, and are happy to gossip regardless of people's feelings. That's sadly the way it is these days with a lot of people.

There was some fantastic gossip a couple of years ago at work. Everyone knew, really juicy stuff.

I was doing the same thing the gossip was about for the last year or so, but no-one had any idea!!

By *iss.HoneyWoman  over a year ago

Unless you have some hard evidence to back up the 'gossip' I'll not be believing it

After a recent experience of becoming friends with someone of traveller background, I have changed the way I treat people.

Having never had first hand experience with travellers, I still had preconceived opinions of people of their background.

You can't tar everyone with the same brush, let your own experience dictate your opinions and as you say, there is always two sides to a story.

Come on, who really doesn't like a bit of juicy gossip, even if you know it isn't true.

Lots of people gossip at work about others and I never get involved because A if I’m not talking about it/them I can’t be accused and B if they are talking like that about someone else then they sure as hell is going to be doing it about me or someone else.

I don’t like listening to it, most of the time it’s wrong, my colleague is the worst, she comes to me with parts of about three stories and melds it into one and forgetting the major part, I do stand there and listen sometimes (it’s never about people just working environment and new changes etc) but whatever she says I take with a pinch of salt lol.

Geeky x

There’s more sides than two. There’s people’s projections and own view of the world and misinterpretations and intent and so many things. So many factors that anything anyone tells you ever is only a view and not veracity.

when youre the 'newbie' at work or wherever and others say this and that about folk - i always say well thanks for the info but i take as i find and until they do me wrong or i see something for myself thats how i roll - being upfront has made people cautious of me which actually says quite a lot about them - makes me laugh

I learnt over the years to take all gossip as fake unless it's a person directly involved giving up the information.

Used to hear from great rumours about me when I was younger, have no idea where they came from, but I may have played on a few

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I’ll admit that I have a big weakness for celeb gossip but in regards to people around me (and the gossip concerning them) I try not to listen to slanderous conjecture, rather discern the truth myself.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

Gossip can be fabulous; it makes the world go around.

I listen to everything.

I repeat nothing apart from taking any necessary action.

People who pass on gossip are REAL trouble makers. They are messengers that ignite the touch paper.

What many messengers don't realise is that they are being used by the gossiper in many ways. They are stupid enough to do what the gossiper fears doing.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

"Come on, who really doesn't like a bit of juicy gossip, even if you know it isn't true. "

If I know it isn't true then I tell the gossiper as much.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I used to live in a village until I sold up 5 yrs ago, (pop. approx 2500). You soon got to know the serial muckspreaders and take pretty much everything they said with a pinch of salt. Some of the rumours were quite amusing though tbh

"I used to live in a village until I sold up 5 yrs ago, (pop. approx 2500). You soon got to know the serial muckspreaders and take pretty much everything they said with a pinch of salt. Some of the rumours were quite amusing though tbh "

They do show themselves in the end

Gossiping is awful, imho it's a form of bullying because of the damage gossip can cause.

That said I don't mind being gossiped about, while they are gossiping about me, they are leaving some other bugger alone, Tom despairs but I do not give a crap.

"Gossiping is awful, imho it's a form of bullying because of the damage gossip can cause.

That said I don't mind being gossiped about, while they are gossiping about me, they are leaving some other bugger alone, Tom despairs but I do not give a crap."

You’re so right!

"Come on, who really doesn't like a bit of juicy gossip, even if you know it isn't true.

If I know it isn't true then I tell the gossiper as much."

Good for you.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I think people only see it as gossip if it’s info about them. They see the person parting with info as ‘the gossip’ but I don’t think they see themselves as gossips when they then pass things on. People don’t appear to really care whether it’s true or not when they pass it on either.

"Gossiping is awful, imho it's a form of bullying because of the damage gossip can cause."

This.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I never listen to gossip, I like to make my own mind up about things.

Saying that though, if someone, gave me a warning about something/someone through their own personal experience, then I would listen, bare the information in mind, depending on how good a friend they were, as there are always two sides to every story.

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I’m usually being gossiped about, mainly at work because of my job! I don’t mind it, I treat it as a form of attention

"We don't take much notice of gossip, too many people will only listen to one side and then stories can get exaggerated.

We have been on the receiving end of gossip, sometimes it can be very hurtful and sometimes it can be laughable. Not many people take the time to know the truth before taking judgement, and are happy to gossip regardless of people's feelings. That's sadly the way it is these days with a lot of people."

Gossiping can cause real damage.

I make my own mind up.

» Add a new message to this topic