FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Turkey cooking tips and what to make with the leftovers

Turkey cooking tips and what to make with the leftovers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have a 5kg turkey fresh from the butchers to cook this year... I have never cooked a turkey before- my mum would always do the meat even when I hosted Christmas and I would do the rest. .... so any tips will be very helpful and if there is lots of leftovers what do you recommend making?

We also have a huge gammon too but I’m cool with that

Thanks Mrs

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rank n BettyCouple  over a year ago

Stafford

We always make curry with the leftovers.

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Turkey and onion pie, goes down a treat the day after boxing day.

By *educedWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

My adult son has been watching Gordon fucking Ramsey and is doing something with butter. He also makes his own cranberry sauce.

Did you know that Gordon fucking Ramsey does not shop in Aldi?

No! Gordon fucking Ramsey shops in Sainsbury's.

At least we have got over Nigella and her brining.

By *iss.HoneyWoman  over a year ago

Turkey and ham pie

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Turkey biryani

http://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/leftover-turkey-biryani-recipe

By *uciyassMan  over a year ago

sheffield

25 min per pound. I usually cover in foil to let it steam for a few hours. Then drain that wonderful juice into a pan for gravy and remove foil until cooking time finished. Then let it stand covered for half an hour at least. It will be piping hot.

Left overs. Curry for sure. Or sliced and fried in butter in a on for perfect sandwiches yum yum

Thanks for all the tips any recipes are welcome

Does anyone cook the day before? I do have a double oven but really nervous that I will run out of space or give everyone food poisoning

By *uciyassMan  over a year ago

sheffield

"Thanks for all the tips any recipes are welcome

Does anyone cook the day before? I do have a double oven but really nervous that I will run out of space or give everyone food poisoning "

You could cop day before but you will have plenty of time and with a double you’ll be fine the roasters can cook in the main oven after you’ve taken turkey out. Best tip is. Timing. If your not sure write the times different things have to cook and also chillax. Enjoy

Does anyone cook the day before? I do have a double oven but really nervous that I will run out of space or give everyone food poisoning

You could cop day before but you will have plenty of time and with a double you’ll be fine the roasters can cook in the main oven after you’ve taken turkey out. Best tip is. Timing. If your not sure write the times different things have to cook and also chillax. Enjoy "

Thanks think I’m going to spend this afternoon watching Jamie and Gordon

By *hoenixcouplexxCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

You could cop day before but you will have plenty of time and with a double you’ll be fine the roasters can cook in the main oven after you’ve taken turkey out. Best tip is. Timing. If your not sure write the times different things have to cook and also chillax. Enjoy

Thanks think I’m going to spend this afternoon watching Jamie and Gordon "

20 minutes per lb + 20 minutes.

Put stuffing or butter between the skin and flesh to ensure even cooking. Rub olive oil into the skin and salt and pepper. Cook on a bed of veg and mash that up and mix with stock and water for gravey after running through sieve.

Cover in foil but uncover for the last hour of cooking to crisp.

Use the timer on the oven if it has one set to end at 10am get up at 9 to uncover.

Roasties and rest of stuffing in 90 minutes before you are due to serve.

You can do loads with leftovers. Curry, soup, stew, turkey and leak pie is nice.

Have fun and drink wine while you Cook, it's the law

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The good old sandwich for leftovers, a good artisan bread a little of that gammon home made mayonnaise and crisp lettuce. Or on a soft fresh baked roll, with stuffing and gravy

» Add a new message to this topic