FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Distance to empty

Distance to empty

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I bought a new to me car the other month.... A Ford focus sport. It's the first car I've had with distance to empty graphic on the dashboard and I'm obsessed!

People warned me automatics were a tad thirsty but I still get outraged when my distance to empty goes down by 10 miles when I know I've done 6!

I also keep getting caught out once the petrol warning light gone on..... The petrol just evaporates after that! Pulled in to the garage with 1 mile to empty today

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I had a work van that told you how many miles you left in the tank, until the red light come then the miles would go blank. Played petrol roulette a few times

Hubby bought me a 197 clio a few weeks back - 2litre engine, thought it'd be economic being a big engine, small car - is it heck. The range, mpg and petrol needle all leave me open mouthed staring in disbelief every journey! I'm getting 23-24 on average per gallon.

Didnt have all the mod cons in my little 1.4 corsa - so like you I am a little obsessed by it all at the minute

Meant to add once the beep for the petrol light comes on at 28 miles left it goes blank just 4 dashes on the screen...which is a treat

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I bought a new to me car the other month.... A Ford focus sport. It's the first car I've had with distance to empty graphic on the dashboard and I'm obsessed!

People warned me automatics were a tad thirsty but I still get outraged when my distance to empty goes down by 10 miles when I know I've done 6!

I also keep getting caught out once the petrol warning light gone on..... The petrol just evaporates after that! Pulled in to the garage with 1 mile to empty today "

Oh dear I would never suggest an auto unless a person cares not about money or it is a necessity ?

Miles to empty is a toy , it can only give an approximation based upon the previous 10 30. Miles driven , never ever ever rely upon it

I love a game of petrol bingo!

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

My car’s part electric - I keep watching the miles ticking down before the engine kicks in

Evie, just reset back to old wives tales and refill at qtr tank mark or 100 miles to go??

I don't let it go less than a quarter tank on the dial.

My front windows go up and down when I push a button. I also have a light that comes on when I open the door.

My type R is great when cruising at 70 - can easily get mid 30s on the mpg, generally around 32-34mpg.

Once you start to use the Rev range and get north of 5000rpm it guzzles it

My best car was my 107....would go to the moon and back in £20

"I don't let it go less than a quarter tank on the dial.

My front windows go up and down when I push a button. I also have a light that comes on when I open the door. "

Pray tell where did thee discover such sorcery?

"I bought a new to me car the other month.... A Ford focus sport. It's the first car I've had with distance to empty graphic on the dashboard and I'm obsessed!

I also keep getting caught out once the petrol warning light gone on..... The petrol just evaporates after that! Pulled in to the garage with 1 mile to empty today "

My car does the same, tells me ive done x amount when in reality ive only done something else, im always swearing at it. And yes when the warning message comes on it does seem to evaporate, glad im not the only one to experience this, im not going mad after all.

"I don't let it go less than a quarter tank on the dial.

My front windows go up and down when I push a button. I also have a light that comes on when I open the door.

Pray tell where did thee discover such sorcery? "

It's well cool! When I turn the radio up there's no creaking noises.

» Add a new message to this topic