FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > white or brown ?

white or brown ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

for toast, it's gotta be thick cut toastie white with lashings of proper butter

for sarnies, i can go either way

for soups or salads, it's gotta be doorsteps of wholemeal / granary

which way do you slide ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

homemade brown bread with homemade jam even better when made by my mum

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

"for toast, it's gotta be thick cut toastie white with lashings of proper butter

for sarnies, i can go either way

for soups or salads, it's gotta be doorsteps of wholemeal / granary

which way do you slide ?"

or a freshly baked baguette, but has to be from France, sorry they just don;t taste the same here

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Must be over 15 years since ive had a slice of white bread. I used to like wholemeal granary but since ive been on my diet i have hovis small loaf. But i dont have much bread at all these days

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Must be over 15 years since ive had a slice of white bread. I used to like wholemeal granary but since ive been on my diet i have hovis small loaf. But i dont have much bread at all these days"

me neither - am trying to make better food choices and have cut down on the bread cos i could eat it til the cows come home

i'm missing it big time but i do feel a bit more spritely since i cut back

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

My grandad was a traditional baker, used to love visiting as he always brought home lovely fresh hot bread. Then lived/worked in Russia for a while and the bread was almost as good - no preservatives - now make do with Tiger Bread if can get it or if its processed stuff has to be wholemeal.

Always white, only ever eat brown or the dreaded wholemeal if white is not available.

My dad was a master baker, so grew up with home baking, cant beat a good grannary, real butter, and home made thick marmalade for toast

By *odka n CokeCouple  over a year ago

Greater London

Brown for me, medium or thin cut and toasted until it's very dark. Then left to go semi-cold with butter and jam or lemon curd. I love to have it just with proper butter but it gives me the hiccups if it's too dry!

Em x

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

Bread machine usually here, makes for a nice aroma as it bakes in the evening too.

Saves me going out to the shops too often, i.e. have found spend less on food by shopping once a fortnight. Also a lot less 'bad for me' snacks lying around that way.

"Must be over 15 years since ive had a slice of white bread. I used to like wholemeal granary but since ive been on my diet i have hovis small loaf. But i dont have much bread at all these days

me neither - am trying to make better food choices and have cut down on the bread cos i could eat it til the cows come home

i'm missing it big time but i do feel a bit more spritely since i cut back "

Love love love Warbies Toastie Loaf!

But having cut it out over the last 6 months or so to loose weight, it is amazing how much better I feel not eating it.

Even now though I still crave it, and when I give in to that craving, boy does it blow you up, totally bloated afterwards!

I’d like to claim to be all arty-farty and say I like it toasted on just one side (ALA “An Englishman In New York”) but I don’t….

Cuz I’m just happy with plain old shop bought medium cut white toasted under the grill rather than in one of those new fangled pop-up contraptions which I feel tend to retain far to much moisture in the bread!!!!

OMG…. Wot fussy fuker I am, after-all !!!

» Add a new message to this topic