FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Physio

Physio

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Got an appointment at the docs tomorrow with a physio for back problems. Anyone know what happens or if there will be a miracle pain relief afterwards ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Maybe after a few weeks, but overnight results....unfortunately not

Going through the GP and NHS will be a slow and laborious process, if you have the money paying to see an osteopath is well worth it.

Without knowing the injury you'll get either deep muscle massage or sone dort of manipulation. Both hurt but get results although you'll often be given stretches amd exercises to compliment the sessions.

You may notice an immediate improvement but it's usually a longterm solution

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Not really an injury persay, been a gradual deterioration over a few years, suddenly got a lot worse.

Never seen a physio, so really didn't know if it involves any kind of treatment, physical, chemical or placebo, or just being told what to do by someone who has no idea what is causing the pain in the first place.

By *r on the EdgeMan  over a year ago

accrington

No miracle and unlikely to totally disappear, I had similar few years back also sciatica, physiology gave me exercises to carry out everyday to strengthen lower back, worked a treat but it hasn't totally gone

Unfortunately physiotherapy is usually quite a long process. There's no quick fix and you may even feel sore afterwards but don't lose heart. Likely the therapist will run through some exercises, and have a basic gym, that are specific to your problem and you will have to continue to do them at home (homework?!).

If you can find a good one i would recommend seeing an osteopath. Hope this helps.

I developed a back problem in the 90s.

Doc gave me anti-inflams. Didn't work.

Doc sent me to NHS physio. Didn't work.

A friend was an osteopath. Didn't work.

He also did acupuncture. Didn't work.

Then my dad told me to go see the chiropractor he'd been to. I was pain-free within two sessions, after four years of living with it. I've been going on and off ever since.

It'll really depend on the underlying cause of the pain. Whatever it is though, the NHS physio often only lasts 6 weeks. A good osteopath can work wonders. A slightly more out there, but bizarrely magic approach is the own the Bowen practitioners use. It's hard to explain, but it really is witchcraft of some sort.

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

I had a similar circumstance to LisaLipgloss and a chiropractor was the only one to remedy it. I got to the stage where I couldn't put pants on and was at 40% movement. Physio had me bend and touch my toes (which was easy), the difficult part was getting back up. It took quite a few sessions with the chiropractor with manipulations above and below the necessary point but the one session where he popped it back in, I put my jeans on and the relief was something else.

If you use one, be sure they are registered with the proper association, it is a triangle that I cannot remember the name of, though they will xray so it'll cost, but it is worth it, as they can see what is out of alignment.

» Add a new message to this topic