FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fairly new

Fairly new

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi loving the site in some aspects but have found the increase in nastiness when saying politely thanks but no thanks I've started to block would people agree this is the best way to deal with it ?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hi loving the site in some aspects but have found the increase in nastiness when saying politely thanks but no thanks I've started to block would people agree this is the best way to deal with it ?"

Did you profile used to be a couples one before aim changed it to single male to reflect reality?

As I can see that having caused a lot of negative messages as people will have seen it as timewasting.

If not I'm mildly curious as a straight? 5'7", "curvy", single male just how many people you're turning down for the amount of rejected women to have become such a problem?

Either way the answer is the same just block or say "not my type sorry" and rhen delete any replies unread.

No was part of a fb cpl we even had a veri recently but you do make a point perhaps that's how people interpret it cheers for the input.

"No was part of a fb cpl we even had a veri recently but you do make a point perhaps that's how people interpret it cheers for the input."

I can't give you any advice on your profile as you've not asked. But the answer lies within

"No was part of a fb cpl we even had a veri recently but you do make a point perhaps that's how people interpret it cheers for the input.

I can't give you any advice on your profile as you've not asked. But the answer lies within "

That makes no sense. He's asking why people get aggy after he turns them down. Why would his profile have anything to do with that?

"No was part of a fb cpl we even had a veri recently but you do make a point perhaps that's how people interpret it cheers for the input.

I can't give you any advice on your profile as you've not asked. But the answer lies within

That makes no sense. He's asking why people get aggy after he turns them down. Why would his profile have anything to do with that? "

I did mean to quote the OP, first message,

That makes no sense. He's asking why people get aggy after he turns them down. Why would his profile have anything to do with that? "

Yet another user done the same and you choose to pull me, I was mearly stating that maybe his profile needs looking at

"Hi loving the site in some aspects but have found the increase in nastiness when saying politely thanks but no thanks I've started to block would people agree this is the best way to deal with it ?"

Yes, that's the best way to deal with nastiness. Ignore them, and they'll go away.

IMO his profile needs a long hard look, it's very confusing, but to the OP block the nasties and move on.

Cheers I will look at sorting the profile I appreciate you guys answering thanks

"Cheers I will look at sorting the profile I appreciate you guys answering thanks "

No problem. Good luck x

By *ulldog_71Man  over a year ago

Sedgefield

Unfortunately there are a lot of dickheads on here with no common decency it's best just to block and ignore them as a man on here I get a lot of 'thanks but no thanks' responses or more commonly my message just gets deleted normally if I do get the 'thanks but no thank' I'll message back saying ' no problem thanks for the reply' but I know I'm in the minority

That makes no sense. He's asking why people get aggy after he turns them down. Why would his profile have anything to do with that?

Yet another user done the same and you choose to pull me, I was mearly stating that maybe his profile needs looking at "

I didn't do the same I asked 2 questions and answered the one he asked. That blocking or deleting follow up replies witho it reading is usually the beat course of action.

"Hi loving the site in some aspects but have found the increase in nastiness when saying politely thanks but no thanks I've started to block would people agree this is the best way to deal with it ?

Unfortunately there are a lot of dickheads on here with no common decency it's best just to block and ignore them as a man on here I get a lot of 'thanks but no thanks' responses or more commonly my message just gets deleted normally if I do get the 'thanks but no thank' I'll message back saying ' no problem thanks for the reply' but I know I'm in the minority "

What does your "thanks for the reply" to them turning you down active though?

All it is is a meaningless message that has to be deleted as well

Yet another user done the same and you choose to pull me, I was mearly stating that maybe his profile needs looking at "

No, the other poster didn't make the same mistake. That's why I didn't comment to him.

Oh dear.

Yet another user done the same and you choose to pull me, I was mearly stating that maybe his profile needs looking at

I didn't do the same I asked 2 questions and answered the one he asked. That blocking or deleting follow up replies witho it reading is usually the beat course of action."

Yeah, I read your post and understood it.

I didn't do the same I asked 2 questions and answered the one he asked. That blocking or deleting follow up replies witho it reading is usually the beat course of action."

In your first sentence you refered to his profile asking was it once a couples. I was mearly stating the same, that it could be confusing

I didn't do the same I asked 2 questions and answered the one he asked. That blocking or deleting follow up replies witho it reading is usually the beat course of action.

Yeah, I read your post and understood it. "

Two separate threads now and you both seem to be intent on picking my posts apart,

Two separate threads now and you both seem to be intent on picking my posts apart, "

Not *yours* specifically -- any posts that I felt were unclear or I felt I wanted to challenge. Similarly I may reply to posts I like or want to endorse -- it's a forum, no? There just happens to be not many people up at 3am and you've typed on one thread something I was keen to interact with, and on this thread something that made no sense to me. Are you feeling defensive? My intent isn't to upset, I'm just using the forum.

No, the other poster didn't make the same mistake. That's why I didn't comment to him.

Oh dear."

I'm sorry but if you read back it clearly does!

The guys profile IS confusing, it suggests it was written by a fem then altered by a male, very odd

Two separate threads now and you both seem to be intent on picking my posts apart,

Not *yours* specifically -- any posts that I felt were unclear or I felt I wanted to challenge. Similarly I may reply to posts I like or want to endorse -- it's a forum, no? There just happens to be not many people up at 3am and you've typed on one thread something I was keen to interact with, and on this thread something that made no sense to me. Are you feeling defensive? My intent isn't to upset, I'm just using the forum.

"

Same here my lovely

Welcome home

Oh dear.

I'm sorry but if you read back it clearly does! "

Yeah, sure it does. With massive omissions from your post to leap to understanding what you were thinking. He clarified in his post the premise of the nastiness being when he turns someone down. You didn't. I don't really believe you understood it. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that within that gap all the understanding happened.

All good.

I find it easier to just delete, rather than risk the abuse after I've replied with a polite 'no thx'

We see threads like this all the time, usually started by women and couples so I'm very surprised OP is male .......... your profile is very confusing, I'd delete any message you sent to me purely because it looks like now your a single male but you once was on here as a couple! Just my opinion but probably best to start a fresh profile as a single male if that's what you are now

Same here my lovely "

Excellent. Phew. You seemed awful defensive.

"The guys profile IS confusing, it suggests it was written by a fem then altered by a male, very odd"

It's ok ive explained this to the op and I think my posts say this. You see it I do even the OP does. But It seems there is nit picking going on, carried from another thread. Which I'm sure is against forum rules,

Same here my lovely

Excellent. Phew. You seemed awful defensive."

Me? Never , I've no reason to be

"The guys profile IS confusing, it suggests it was written by a fem then altered by a male, very odd"

It was a couples profile, they broke up so it was changed back to a single males but the op has yet to change the contents.

It can cause a lot of problems as it often messes up the physical stats/merges them.

(I'm sure the op doesn't normally describe himself as curvy lol)

My query is if someone has approached (thus seen profile and approached) and he has turned them down and then they have got nasty about being turned down -- why would that be about, or entirely about, his profile?

If he was being turned down nastily after he approached someone else it would likely have huge bearing. But that wasn't what he said.

Oh dear.

Yeah, sure it does. With massive omissions from your post to leap to understanding what you were thinking. He clarified in his post the premise of the nastiness being when he turns someone down. You didn't. I don't really believe you understood it. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that within that gap all the understanding happened.

All good.

"

Please don't patronise me, I've done nothing wrong.

"The guys profile IS confusing, it suggests it was written by a fem then altered by a male, very odd

It's ok ive explained this to the op and I think my posts say this. You see it I do even the OP does. But It seems there is nit picking going on, carried from another thread. Which I'm sure is against forum rules,"

Crimony, you have a complex about me!

Oh dear.

All good.

Please don't patronise me, I've done nothing wrong. "

You're making assumptions about me and being as patronising as I.

"The guys profile IS confusing, it suggests it was written by a fem then altered by a male, very odd

It was a couples profile, they broke up so it was changed back to a single males but the op has yet to change the contents.

It can cause a lot of problems as it often messes up the physical stats/merges them.

"

Yet when you say this it's ok!! But I say it's confusing and I'm wrong?

My query is if someone has approached (thus seen profile and approached) and he has turned them down and then they have got nasty about being turned down -- why would that be about, or entirely about, his profile?

If he was being turned down nastily after he approached someone else it would likely have huge bearing. But that wasn't what he said. "

I offered the OP advice in a previous post which was to block the nasties, I'm purely commenting on his profile now not nit picking

Personally I'm a little disappointed only 2 out of 3 means from my post got picked up

And people say I'm not subtle

Oh dear.

All good.

Please don't patronise me, I've done nothing wrong.

You're making assumptions about me and being as patronising as I. "

Ok,

It's ok ive explained this to the op and I think my posts say this. You see it I do even the OP does. But It seems there is nit picking going on, carried from another thread. Which I'm sure is against forum rules,

Crimony, you have a complex about me! "

Ok, please read back

Yet when you say this it's ok!! But I say it's confusing and I'm wrong? "

I asked the op if his profile had been changed to a couples one.

That post you've just quoted I am talking to a different poster (not the op) and just clarifying to him some of the technical quirks of the site when it comes to changing profiles from single to couple etc.

It's so much easier to simply make new

Yet when you say this it's ok!! But I say it's confusing and I'm wrong? "

No, the thread topic has extrapolated beyond the first two replies. I stated I didn't understand your reasoning -- that it made no sense. It doesn't (to me) in the same way I explained to another poster. I'm allowed that opinion, your original irk was that you felt I should have said that to the first reply -- but he wrote more context and I understood his point.

That post you've just quoted I am talking to a different poster (not the op) and just clarifying to him some of the technical quirks of the site when it comes to changing profiles from single to couple etc.

It's so much easier to simply make new"

Exactly what I was saying on my very first post! But not in so many words. Yet I got told what did that have to do with it

If he was being turned down nastily after he approached someone else it would likely have huge bearing. But that wasn't what he said. I offered the OP advice in a previous post which was to block the nasties, I'm purely commenting on his profile now not nit picking "

Oh I didn't think you were nit picking

No, the thread topic has extrapolated beyond the first two replies. I stated I didn't understand your reasoning -- that it made no sense. It doesn't (to me) in the same way I explained to another poster. I'm allowed that opinion, your original irk was that you felt I should have said that to the first reply -- but he wrote more context and I understood his point. "

I'm getting you and thx picking on my posts , I was only saying exactly what thx said. His profile is confusing

Exactly what I was saying on my very first post! But not in so many words. Yet I got told what did that have to do with it"

You were asked. I was seeking clarification.

Exactly what I was saying on my very first post! But not in so many words. Yet I got told what did that have to do with it"

"I can't give you any advice on your profile as you've not asked. But the answer lies within"

That was your post.

Where exactly in that post do you answer the OP's question?

"How to deal with nasty messages after turning somone down?"

If my random discussion of site mechanics is "exactly what you said" but in more words then it still has nothing to do with the OP's question.

Which is why I answered his question specifically.

Let's leave it right there ladies and agree to disagree

No, the thread topic has extrapolated beyond the first two replies. I stated I didn't understand your reasoning -- that it made no sense. It doesn't (to me) in the same way I explained to another poster. I'm allowed that opinion, your original irk was that you felt I should have said that to the first reply -- but he wrote more context and I understood his point.

I'm getting you and thx picking on my posts , I was only saying exactly what thx said. His profile is confusing "

Firstly I have no idea who you are only reason I'm in here is because you mentioned my post erroneously.

Because I actually answered his question.

"Let's leave it right there ladies and agree to disagree "

And the award for most apropriate username goes to.....!

I'm getting you and thx picking on my posts , I was only saying exactly what thx said. His profile is confusing "

Thank you for clarifying your original post that I didn't get.

Again, I'm not picking on (and I'm sorry if you feel that's the case) I'm trying to discuss.

Do you understand the point I was making that the confusing profile can't be the sole reason for rude replies in the context laid out by OP? Unless the approacher did so without viewing the profile, which can happen.

"Let's leave it right there ladies and agree to disagree

And the award for most apropriate username goes to.....!"

totally!!

Exactly what I was saying on my very first post! But not in so many words. Yet I got told what did that have to do with it

"I can't give you any advice on your profile as you've not asked. But the answer lies within"

That was your post.

If my random discussion of site mechanics is "exactly what you said" but in more words then it still has nothing to do with the OP's question.

Which is why I answered his question specifically."

Ok it was relating to his question as why he gets turned down , I was basically saying I can't give profile advice but maybe because his profile is a little confusing maybe that's why. Sorry but whys that so hard to understand? You even said yourself in your post before mine

That was your post.

Ok it was relating to his question as why he gets turned down , I was basically saying I can't give profile advice but maybe because his profile is a little confusing maybe that's why. Sorry but whys that so hard to understand? You even said yourself in your post before mine"

But the OP is saying he is turning people down which is upsetting them, *not* that he is getting turned down!

I'm getting you and thx picking on my posts , I was only saying exactly what thx said. His profile is confusing

Again, I'm not picking on (and I'm sorry if you feel that's the case) I'm trying to discuss.

Do you understand the point I was making that the confusing profile can't be the sole reason for rude replies in the context laid out by OP? Unless the approacher did so without viewing the profile, which can happen.

"

Again your carrying on from a previous thread , as I said I didn't read OP first comment. Why the hostility?

And the award for most apropriate username goes to.....!"

Meaning?

Again your carrying on from a previous thread , as I said I didn't read OP first comment. Why the hostility? "

My comment has nothing to do with another thread. Seriously, it doesn't. I think you're carrying over hostility actually.

I'm trying to clarify your point from the OP on this thread.

Again your carrying on from a previous thread , as I said I didn't read OP first comment. Why the hostility?

My comment has nothing to do with another thread. Seriously, it doesn't. I think you're carrying over hostility actually.

I'm trying to clarify your point from the OP on this thread."

Ok so explain the dig at my username?

"

Ok it was relating to his question as why he gets turned down "

And it's this bit that I'm saying was not the OP's post query.

totally!! "

I don't understand that comment on my username

Ok so explain the dig at my username?"

I haven't (nor has anyone else) made a dig at your username. Another poster called team work suggested you and I just let it lie. His name is team work. Work with me....it wasn't about you.

totally!! I don't understand that comment on my username "

He was suggesting that we work as a team to leave it there as you suggested.

Oh dear.

totally!! I don't understand that comment on my username

Oh dear. "

forgive me !! It's late lol xx

totally!! I don't understand that comment on my username

Oh dear. forgive me !! It's late lol xx"

Nah that's okay.

totally!! I don't understand that comment on my username "

Teamwork boy trying to encourage team work lol

Meaning?"

That a man called team work saying s common team building phrase such as "let's agree to disagree" is appropriately named

Ok so explain the dig at my username?"

If it was about you I would have quoted you.

Meaning?

That a man called team work saying s common team building phrase such as "let's agree to disagree" is appropriately named"

You should of studied politics

That was your post.

Ok it was relating to his question as why he gets turned down , I was basically saying I can't give profile advice but maybe because his profile is a little confusing maybe that's why. Sorry but whys that so hard to understand? You even said yourself in your post before mine"

Because that's not what he asked.

He is the one doing the turning down.

To be honest, perhaps we should all have asked the OP which context he meant:

As it reads that it is him doing the turning down and then receiving vitriol (as Thx and I initially responded) or whether he posted a muddled statement and actually meant he was appproaching people but they were turning him down rudely rather than politely (as I think VM has read it).

What's this other thread everyone's on about anyway sounds like it should be worth a read

My username comes from a company I used to own and Teamwork has always been my work ethic

"What's this other thread everyone's on about anyway sounds like it should be worth a read "

It's where we deigned to make posts on the depression thread.

"My username comes from a company I used to own and Teamwork has always been my work ethic "

It's a good'un

"What's this other thread everyone's on about anyway sounds like it should be worth a read

It's where we deigned to make posts on the depression thread. "

Oh. I really should start reading user names I guess lol

"What's this other thread everyone's on about anyway sounds like it should be worth a read

Oh. I really should start reading user names I guess lol"

You did. Hence the teamwork joke

"What's this other thread everyone's on about anyway sounds like it should be worth a read "

You know exactly what it is! Why act soft

yes!!!

You know exactly what it is! Why act soft "

You commented on it along with others on here

Yes block, and if they are rude or abusive report.

Oh. I really should start reading user names I guess lol"

Your both really big and clever,

Well this has been enlightening.

Well I didn't think it would go this way

You know exactly what it is! Why act soft

You commented on it along with others on here"

I comment on a lot of threads on here, I don't really keep a running track of posters from thread to thread.

"Well I didn't think it would go this way "

I know, right? Sighs. There's a lot of projecting what someone's intent is rather than questioning. But it's late, as you said, we are probably all tired or similar.

"Well I didn't think it would go this way

I know, right? Sighs. There's a lot of projecting what someone's intent is rather than questioning. But it's late, as you said, we are probably all tired or similar. "

I haven't had my post lunchbreak nap tonight .

All my snoozing spots are occupied/unavailable

Probably better sticking to the more fun threads in the early hours

Meaning?

That a man called team work saying s common team building phrase such as "let's agree to disagree" is appropriately named

You should of studied politics "

etymology surely?

"Probably better sticking to the more fun threads in the early hours "

Everyone drops off around 2pm most nights by 4 it csn be half an hour or so between replies.

Have to get a thread for nightshift workers

"Probably better sticking to the more fun threads in the early hours "

And this wasn't? .

I'm glad the op gets something to read through.

"Well I didn't think it would go this way

I know, right? Sighs. There's a lot of projecting what someone's intent is rather than questioning. But it's late, as you said, we are probably all tired or similar.

I haven't had my post lunchbreak nap tonight .

All my snoozing spots are occupied/unavailable "

Hope you find a napping space soon

"Probably better sticking to the more fun threads in the early hours

And this wasn't? .

I'm glad the op gets something to read through. "

it got a little tense

And this wasn't? .

I'm glad the op gets something to read through. it got a little tense "

I'm relaxed

Me too very chilled

"Me too very chilled "

We just need to find Thx a napping place

He seems to have dropped off

And this wasn't? .

I'm glad the op gets something to read through. it got a little tense "

Is it over?

Yup - all dealt with I think

"Yup - all dealt with I think "

until tomorrow

Good morning

"Me too very chilled

We just need to find Thx a napping place "

Home time in an hour :p

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Well OP

Not sure if you got an answer to your question, but this thread was... how should I put this 'entertaining'

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

I didn't do the same I asked 2 questions and answered the one he asked. "

You did, you discussed what is on his profile

Forum Mod

O o O oo

It might be a good time to show the forum rules.

Please don't discuss a persons profile unless it was asked for or relevant to the thread.

The OP wasn't relevant or asking for the profile to be discussed

Forum Mod

O o O oo

https://www.fabswingers.com/content/forum-rules

No nit-picking please

Unless someone specifically asks for their profile to be critiqued or if it's relevant to the thread e.g. someone is wondering why they're not having success, please don't critique their profile or be mean about it. We want the forum to be open and friendly to newbies and everyone starts somewhere.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Yes. Report also if nasty