FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Blood donors

Blood donors

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I moved away from where I live now but when I came back I had to re register with my doctor. When doing this I was invited to become a blood donor. As it was something I'd thought about doing for years and my mum was a blood donor for a long time I decided to go for it. I've given blood now 6 times and always feel good about myself after doing it. Anyone who's ever thought about it, stop thinking and go do it. Only takes half an hour at most, doesn't hurt(much) and saves lives. It could save yours or someone close to you. I've been lucky enough not to need any but it's good to know that if I ever do there are people like me willing to give blood to help to save others.

Self gratification exercise over. Feel free to add your veiws

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I would but they don't want my blood..

But well done for doing it. It is a good thing to do.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Tell them you're a swinger the next time you go and see the reaction you get.

Well i have a rare blood type (A recess neg) and im a biker so i thought it'd be rude not to. can have all my organs too when i go im not going to need them :D

By *ouple_m_and_jCouple  over a year ago

Darlington

I'm a rare type too, and a biker, and have children - to me giving blood, if you can is little more than everything else we do to keep our kids as safe as possible.

One of my kids received a lot of blood only 3 days after I donate, I gave a pint, he received about 50 in total during his time in hospital, thats a good interest rate and a worthwhile investment!! :D

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Tell them you're a swinger the next time you go and see the reaction you get. "

Do they give you a special cubicle??? Lol

I'm not sure I can give blood due to having piercings etc but even if u hadn't I think my diabetes prevents it.

"Tell them you're a swinger the next time you go and see the reaction you get. "

Nah, just lie to them.

"Well i have a rare blood type (A recess neg) and im a biker so i thought it'd be rude not to. can have all my organs too when i go im not going to need them :D"
I'm also an organ donor. The way I see it is when I'm gone it's all worm food anyway so someone else might as well have me bits,

"Well i have a rare blood type (A recess neg) and im a biker so i thought it'd be rude not to. can have all my organs too when i go im not going to need them :D"

Think about giving your whole body after you don't need it. It's as fine a gift as you can give to the future of medicine.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

"Well i have a rare blood type (A recess neg) and im a biker so i thought it'd be rude not to. can have all my organs too when i go im not going to need them :DI'm also an organ donor. The way I see it is when I'm gone it's all worm food anyway so someone else might as well have me bits, "

Same here. I'd like to make sure that when I go (eventually!), that others will benefit.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I have to have a pint drained off every month or so due to my bone marrow making too many red blood cells. It's called a venesection but I call it a vampire session!

"I have to have a pint drained off every month or so due to my bone marrow making too many red blood cells. It's called a venesection but I call it a vampire session! "

Venesection's just a posh name for phlebotomy

If the doctors and surgeons of the future can learn from slicing me up then crack on is what I say

Have been a blood donor for years and I am also registered as an organ donor.....

this week is National Blood Week....if a few more people donated it would make all the difference

Never actually thought about giving my whole body to meds research but yer sure if they want it they can have it.

Wow, didn't know it was Blood Donor Week. That wasn't very well advertised.

yeah i heard something about it on monday at work on the radio.

Tbh i wonder about the ratio of young people to give blood to the slightly older group. Everytime i've been it seem to be 35 everywhere.

sorry 35+

Not sure if I can post a link here....obviously will soon find out....

http://www.blood.co.uk/news/nbw/

Hull

"Wow, didn't know it was Blood Donor Week. That wasn't very well advertised. "

You are correct there!

I only found out about it tonight, watching a programme I recorded on Monday and the story was mentioned then.

they turn you down lol

i know that from first hand experience

if you swing and give bloody your not being honest when answering their questions

"Never actually thought about giving my whole body to meds research but yer sure if they want it they can have it.

"

Different university anatomy departments have different needs at different times but, if you're interested, contact the nearest university which has a medical school.

Most will only take whole bodies so you can't donate organs and give what's left to medical research but they guarantee you respectful treatment and an ecumenical service of thanksgiving every few years (or at least Glasgow Uni does and that's how I understand how it works elsewhere).

"Wow, didn't know it was Blood Donor Week. That wasn't very well advertised.

You are correct there!

I only found out about it tonight, watching a programme I recorded on Monday and the story was mentioned then."

It's the start of summer. Donors go on holiday. Bikers take to the roads. D*unks drivers head home after summer evening swally sessions.

Demand goes up. Supply goes down

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

Cant since kev is bi, and quite frankly they can beg for it, until they get rid of their homophobia they cant have mine.

i know we covered this recently but i am v pissed off by what i have learnt since i started that thread.

"Tell them you're a swinger the next time you go and see the reaction you get.

they turn you down lol

i know that from first hand experience

if you swing and give bloody your not being honest when answering their questions"

Serious?? I'll have to look carefully at the questions next time

"

It's the start of summer. Donors go on holiday. Bikers take to the roads. D*unks drivers head home after summer evening swally sessions.

Demand goes up. Supply goes down "

this + 1. My local bike club has a "give blood" day in august with people down from the blood service etc. Can never raise too much awareness on things like this. Tbh although its on the vergance of facism i think it should be conpulsory from 16+ to give blood at least once a year.

Hull

"Never actually thought about giving my whole body to meds research but yer sure if they want it they can have it.

Different university anatomy departments have different needs at different times but, if you're interested, contact the nearest university which has a medical school.

Most will only take whole bodies so you can't donate organs and give what's left to medical research but they guarantee you respectful treatment and an ecumenical service of thanksgiving every few years (or at least Glasgow Uni does and that's how I understand how it works elsewhere)."

Three weeks ago, a close friend of mine was killed in a car smash. Ten days later, the local paper ran a story from her family, about how all her major organs had been donated for transplant use, so that other patients could be given a chance to improve their lives.

It's a wonderful gesture!

Most will only take whole bodies so you can't donate organs and give what's left to medical research but they guarantee you respectful treatment and an ecumenical service of thanksgiving every few years (or at least Glasgow Uni does and that's how I understand how it works elsewhere).

Three weeks ago, a close friend of mine was killed in a car smash. Ten days later, the local paper ran a story from her family, about how all her major organs had been donated for transplant use, so that other patients could be given a chance to improve their lives.

It's a wonderful gesture!"

Indeed it is and, in the absence of a prior agreement where the whole body can be donated to medical research, it's the best thing anyone can do.

I understand the 'donate a heart and save a life today' versus the 'donate a body and eradicate heart disease' argument.

I suppose it's back to the 'give a man a fish and you feed him for today - teach a man to fish and you feed him and his family for a lifetime'.

If I were sitting waiting for a heart/ lung transplant or a new liver, I know which I'd probably prefer but I'd like to think I'd do the bigger thing.

» Add a new message to this topic