FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Spring cleaning

Spring cleaning

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

yes im a little bit obsessed with cleaning (see other thread on cleaning products - or not lol)

just wondering how many people do this? I think its important to have a clean household. I've been to some peoples houses and just wanted to leave promptly as i've felt 'icky'

Also out of the couples is it still seen as 'womans work' to be responsible for this chore??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I am quite house proud but not proud of my house at the moment I am renting and was in desperate need at the time.. So had to take this house..

It depresses me everyday because no matter how much I clean it, it always looks dirty.. Asked the landlady to do stuff to it but I get a why can't you do it.. i.e it needs a new kitchen I am sorry but that is one thing I am not going to put in..

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

yup...

every spring I take a pint of water.. I suck the whole amount up my japs eye... jump up and down for 15 mins.. and blow the lot out ma ass.

ya canna beat clean tubes!!!

on that note.... off to the beach.

enjoy and have a fab day xx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Got all the PVC outside to clean today.

*tip: don't buy a house on a fookin hill cos all the crap from houses up the hill comes down the hill.

"I am quite house proud but not proud of my house at the moment I am renting and was in desperate need at the time.. So had to take this house..

It depresses me everyday because no matter how much I clean it, it always looks dirty.. Asked the landlady to do stuff to it but I get a why can't you do it.. i.e it needs a new kitchen I am sorry but that is one thing I am not going to put in.. "

oh *hugs*

my kitchen is pretty shoddy too,, i live in an ex MOD property (i believe your aware of the style of these properties) when my grandmother bought it they had re furbished everything, decorated (love magnolia) and new carpets throughout but the kitchen units are pretty standard.. id love to get them updated - even if its just the cupboard fronts. Just gotta save where possible

"Got all the PVC outside to clean today.

*tip: don't buy a house on a fookin hill cos all the crap from houses up the hill comes down the hill. "

hehe im up the top of a hill

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"I am quite house proud but not proud of my house at the moment I am renting and was in desperate need at the time.. So had to take this house..

It depresses me everyday because no matter how much I clean it, it always looks dirty.. Asked the landlady to do stuff to it but I get a why can't you do it.. i.e it needs a new kitchen I am sorry but that is one thing I am not going to put in..

oh *hugs*

my kitchen is pretty shoddy too,, i live in an ex MOD property (i believe your aware of the style of these properties) when my grandmother bought it they had re furbished everything, decorated (love magnolia) and new carpets throughout but the kitchen units are pretty standard.. id love to get them updated - even if its just the cupboard fronts. Just gotta save where possible "

Yes the houses were built in the 70's they are not the best houses.. I keep my eye on freecycle I dont mind updating the fronts along as I don't have to pay anything to do it.. x

does any of you ladies know a good tip for removing make up (eye shadow) from carpets??... god love my daughter lol

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

"does any of you ladies know a good tip for removing make up (eye shadow) from carpets??... god love my daughter lol"

Blush, Eye Shadow or Powdered Foundation (non-oil based): 5-6 drops of mild laundry detergent mixed with 1 cup of cold water

"does any of you ladies know a good tip for removing make up (eye shadow) from carpets??... god love my daughter lol

Blush, Eye Shadow or Powdered Foundation (non-oil based): 5-6 drops of mild laundry detergent mixed with 1 cup of cold water

"

you star! cheers xx

[Removed by poster at 23/06/11 11:06:54]

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

My house is clean and tidy but my bedroom and bathroom desperatly need decorating, hope to get them both done by end of year or early next year. I did have a cleaning lady until she left about 4 months ago and i didnt replace her so do it myself now

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

It's officially not Spring anymore people. We don't have to clean for a full year! Yay!

By *TUNNAWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

lol@funky cleaning never stops xx

Livingston

"It's officially not Spring anymore people. We don't have to clean for a full year! Yay! "

clarty git!!!!!

in the night garden

They would have a catchy name for it if you were meant to do it all the time like 'all year cleaning'.

But no it is called 'Spring cleaning'.

Livingston

"They would have a catchy name for it if you were meant to do it all the time like 'all year cleaning'.

But no it is called 'Spring cleaning'."

They do, it's called "women's work"

in the night garden

"They would have a catchy name for it if you were meant to do it all the time like 'all year cleaning'.

But no it is called 'Spring cleaning'.

They do, it's called "women's work" "

Aaahhhhhh! That explains why my house and office are clean all the time when I only clean in Spring. I'd never really been curious enough to wonder how it happened, I just accepted it was clean.

Laughed my arse off here at thoughts if vac in one hand and laptop in the other...

Have just had a declutter, fumigated kids bedroom and toys no longers play with and clothes etc all boxed up ready for car boot. Whole flat clean it echoes lol. But can clean and tidy kids room following day its oh why did I bother.

» Add a new message to this topic