FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Decorating/ Paint..

Decorating/ Paint..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The colours i have got my heart set on come in 'kitchen & bathroom'

Will that be ok to use in a child's room?

Im praying she is past the stage of leaving artwork on the walls but wonder can it handle a good scrub if something did appear.

Also will i need white spirit to clean brushes/rollers or will water do it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

should be ok to use, it does just mean it's condensation proof and more specifically for a room that would have steam in it. it's thicker than usual paint so you might need more tins, that's all.

you shouldn't need turps to clean the brushes but you could ask in the store, maybe different brands need that.

"should be ok to use, it does just mean it's condensation proof and more specifically for a room that would have steam in it. it's thicker than usual paint so you might need more tins, that's all.

you shouldn't need turps to clean the brushes but you could ask in the store, maybe different brands need that."

just gutted it didnt come in 'durable' paint.. as that states 'washable'

Thanks for the reply x

"should be ok to use, it does just mean it's condensation proof and more specifically for a room that would have steam in it. it's thicker than usual paint so you might need more tins, that's all.

you shouldn't need turps to clean the brushes but you could ask in the store, maybe different brands need that.

Thanks for the reply x "

some places will mix colours for you. maybe look into that?

By *horltzMan  over a year ago

heysham

I would think bathroom or kitchen paint is pretty durable and washable , it normally states on the tins what you need to use to wash your brushes

Thanks for the reply x "

Thanks for the reply x

some places will mix colours for you. maybe look into that?"

This was a Homebase own brand of colour, i was just looking into saving a few quid. but ultimately if i need more of it, or it wont do the job guess financially its better to fork out.

my kitchen paint isn't durable, it's like a coating of coloured 'elastic'. will peel off if you go near it.

Thanks for the reply x

This was a Homebase own brand of colour, i was just looking into saving a few quid. but ultimately if i need more of it, or it wont do the job guess financially its better to fork out. "

if you decorate regularly then doing it cheaper is ok. i used to decorate every 18 months as i enjoyed doing that, but now i'm meh about this house as i don't like it so it's been twice as long since i bothered. think i used kitchen paint everywhere as it's a tiny house, not well ventilated and gets loads of condensation.

i got mine from b&q, seems to be fairly cheap in there when they have a sale on.

Thanks for the reply x

This was a Homebase own brand of colour, i was just looking into saving a few quid. but ultimately if i need more of it, or it wont do the job guess financially its better to fork out.

if you decorate regularly then doing it cheaper is ok. i used to decorate every 18 months as i enjoyed doing that, but now i'm meh about this house as i don't like it so it's been twice as long since i bothered. think i used kitchen paint everywhere as it's a tiny house, not well ventilated and gets loads of condensation.

i got mine from b&q, seems to be fairly cheap in there when they have a sale on."

yeah i dont.. this is the 2nd time id be doing her room in 6 years

Thanks for the reply x

i got mine from b&q, seems to be fairly cheap in there when they have a sale on.

yeah i dont.. this is the 2nd time id be doing her room in 6 years "

might be better to wait until sales are on?

wickes do some nice colours now as well. used their bathroom paint when i did the living room.

bumpng, someone else might have better advice.

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

White spirit is used with oil based paints, if the paint you're using is an emulsion water based none should be required brushes rollers etc can be washed in water.

I find oil based paints more durable than emulsions,

if they have a colour chart of the coloured paint you're after. pick one up and have it mixed most stores do that now...if you're going oil based I'd use eggshell not too glossy a finish more satin.

Speak to the guys in store they'll offer advise as well ...

Going slightly off topic here, sorry... My wife thinks that you should paint the woodwork first - her reason being so that it's easier to wipe off the splattering emulsion...

Would someone please tell her she's clueless?! She won't/doesn't listen to me..

Harry x

Mrs Harry, Harry is right, the wood work is always the last to be paint, unlike a penis being tossed, a brush needs to be stroked gently with a steady hand.

» Add a new message to this topic