FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Last F1 Race

Last F1 Race

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Who is watching today and who it going to win. Should be a good race.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not me but I hope it's a good one. They all tend to be processions after the first corner these days. I haven't watched a whole race since the days of Damon Hill I don't think

I'll be watching it that's for shure. My view is that Lewis will win the race. The big question is though who will win the title and that's a tricky one to predict. If Nico can keep himself out of trouble, he will take the title. There has been a lot of speculation about the possibility of Lewis backing Nico into the pack to give the pack a chance to fight for Nico's position. I really can't see that happening to be honest because he would be putting his own position in danger and there is no guarantee it would work anyway.

I'd like Rosberg to win, so that he takes the title on a high.

Worst case would be him winning the title but Hamilton winning the race, in which case we'd have to put up with Hamilton's bitchy, childish demeanour for months insinuating further than he was the real winner of the championship this year.

I don't like Lewis but feel a bit gutted for him winning the race but not the championship Lewis can be a baby at time I'm a redbullman myself but still gutted for him

By *nterracial2Couple  over a year ago

Ribble Valley

I think if you look back at the season, Rosberg had been the better sportsman and the fact he's a family man, humble, real, that goes a long way in being an ambassador for the sport, true champion. Lewis has the talent but a very creud arrogance about himself.

This is so true

By *orny IrishMan  over a year ago

Purton

"I'll be watching it that's for shure. My view is that Lewis will win the race. The big question is though who will win the title and that's a tricky one to predict. If Nico can keep himself out of trouble, he will take the title. There has been a lot of speculation about the possibility of Lewis backing Nico into the pack to give the pack a chance to fight for Nico's position. I really can't see that happening to be honest because he would be putting his own position in danger and there is no guarantee it would work anyway."

It would appear your crystal ball was a little cloudy. Lewis not backing Nico into the pack. Even after direct instruction from Paddy Lowe. Spoilt little show off.

"I'll be watching it that's for shure. My view is that Lewis will win the race. The big question is though who will win the title and that's a tricky one to predict. If Nico can keep himself out of trouble, he will take the title. There has been a lot of speculation about the possibility of Lewis backing Nico into the pack to give the pack a chance to fight for Nico's position. I really can't see that happening to be honest because he would be putting his own position in danger and there is no guarantee it would work anyway.

It would appear your crystal ball was a little cloudy. Lewis not backing Nico into the pack. Even after direct instruction from Paddy Lowe. Spoilt little show off."

What Lewis did was a legitimate racing technique that has been used by many world champions in the past. As it was Vettle and Verstappen were not able capitalise. Nice guys don't win world championships.

By *orny IrishMan  over a year ago

Purton

"I'll be watching it that's for shure. My view is that Lewis will win the race. The big question is though who will win the title and that's a tricky one to predict. If Nico can keep himself out of trouble, he will take the title. There has been a lot of speculation about the possibility of Lewis backing Nico into the pack to give the pack a chance to fight for Nico's position. I really can't see that happening to be honest because he would be putting his own position in danger and there is no guarantee it would work anyway.

It would appear your crystal ball was a little cloudy. Lewis not backing Nico into the pack. Even after direct instruction from Paddy Lowe. Spoilt little show off.

What Lewis did was a legitimate racing technique that has been used by many world champions in the past. As it was Vettle and Verstappen were not able capitalise. Nice guys don't win world championships. "

Sod the championship can I just say that you have a great arse.

Yep great arse I have to agree

What Lewis did was a legitimate racing technique that has been used by many world champions in the past. As it was Vettle and Verstappen were not able capitalise. Nice guys don't win world championships. "

Not true. Look at Mansell and Hill. Both nice guys and World Champions.

"I think if you look back at the season, Rosberg had been the better sportsman and the fact he's a family man, humble, real, that goes a long way in being an ambassador for the sport, true champion. Lewis has the talent but a very creud arrogance about himself."

Rosberg isn't humble and definitely has a smug arrogance to him. Listen to his radio transmissions when things aren't handed to him like today if he had a problem with lewis backing him up then he should of tried to pass him. Well done on the title because he did little wrong and was consistent, where as lewis was unlucky with engines but truly has himself to blame with those 4 or 5 terrible starts.

What Lewis did was a legitimate racing technique that has been used by many world champions in the past. As it was Vettel and Verstappen were not able capitalise. Nice guys don't win world championships. "

Been to Abu Dhabi five times now, but sadly not this year

It was a fascinating race, one of the most tactical I can remember with all the leading drivers keeping their heads. I was glued from start to finish.

And correct, to be a success you need to be focused on yourself and no one else, you can be nice outside your chosen sport but not within it. Learnt the hard way!

» Add a new message to this topic