FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do I or don't I?

Do I or don't I?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *obwithkilt OP   Man  over a year ago

Belton

I have a been offered a job, temporary for the Christmas period... Today with the help of free wifi I have looked at my travel times as I don't drive... 2 hrs each way added with a 10hour shift.. I have another possible opening closer to me... Do I stay with initial Job or pursue other? Thoughts please

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Closer is better obviously and if u don't drive any extra money u earn will be spent on travel isn't it?

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Take the job that's offered. If the other one comes off, your notice period for a temp job that you've just started is about 3 seconds...

Is there a significance to the free wifi......?

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

OP you can accept the job offered and still pursue the other one.

If you get the second job there is no reason why you have to stay at the first one. It's only a temporary role and you owe them no loyalty.

"Take the job that's offered. If the other one comes off, your notice period for a temp job that you've just started is about 3 seconds..."

Exactly what he said. Loyalty is great but your first loyalty is to yourself.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I have a been offered a job, temporary for the Christmas period... Today with the help of free wifi I have looked at my travel times as I don't drive... 2 hrs each way added with a 10hour shift.. I have another possible opening closer to me... Do I stay with initial Job or pursue other? Thoughts please "

4 hours travel time is a lot but it is temporary. Is the commute straightforward, will it be affected by bad weather or strikes?

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

Take it, definitely. If you decline and don't get the one close to you, then you have nothing.

By *horltzMan  over a year ago

heysham

Always easier to get work when you have work , take the job , 2 hours each way isn't too bad

By *obwithkilt OP   Man  over a year ago

Belton

Thanks for all the advice and messages... Taking job... Managed to nock a small amount of time off but as everyone has said it's only temporary

By *uperock99Man  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

"Thanks for all the advice and messages... Taking job... Managed to nock a small amount of time off but as everyone has said it's only temporary "
depends on how much they will pay you to see if its worth it

By *eesideMan  over a year ago

margate sumwear by the sea

Work out your cost to get to eatch 1 then work out how mutch you will arnn at eatch 1 then wen you have worked out witch 1 ends up with wot muney in your pokit take the hiyest 1.

Milton Keynes

"Work out your cost to get to eatch 1 then work out how mutch you will arnn at eatch 1 then wen you have worked out witch 1 ends up with wot muney in your pokit take the hiyest 1."
Great spelling man

Closer would be better but not sure of your circumstances OP. If travel costs are going to mean you're not better off I wouldn't personally accept the job offer

Kinky

"Work out your cost to get to eatch 1 then work out how mutch you will arnn at eatch 1 then wen you have worked out witch 1 ends up with wot muney in your pokit take the hiyest 1. Great spelling man "

Read his profile before you pick fault

"Work out your cost to get to eatch 1 then work out how mutch you will arnn at eatch 1 then wen you have worked out witch 1 ends up with wot muney in your pokit take the hiyest 1. Great spelling man "

I understood what the poster wrote. May be reasons why his spelling is the way it is. We're not here to critique things like that

Kinky

Milton Keynes

"Work out your cost to get to eatch 1 then work out how mutch you will arnn at eatch 1 then wen you have worked out witch 1 ends up with wot muney in your pokit take the hiyest 1. Great spelling man

Read his profile before you pick fault "

Got it

By *0tt0nSu3Woman  over a year ago

London

If you click onto his profile, you'll find he says that he's dyslexic.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

You never know what doors will open with the temp job

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

" Great spelling man "

I'm not allowed to criticise your profile...

By *lwaysup4it69Couple  over a year ago

Kirkby in Ashfield

If it is only short term it is doable mate but I don't almost the same commute time for 9 months and it was far too much in the end. Having said that I do 90 minutes each way now which is 2 buses and a tram, that I not as bad though

» Add a new message to this topic