FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Really important!

Really important!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ureTemptation OP   Woman  over a year ago

Off the grid

How do you get the dog wee smell out of carpet?

Bloody dog.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Enzyme cleaners from Pets at Home.

Take a dump in the same spot?

Pee on it

By *yan19Man  over a year ago

NLC

Carpet cleaner is there not something with lemon juice?

I've used biological washing powder on cat wee, but I feel your pain

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"How do you get the dog wee smell out of carpet?

Bloody dog. "

Use Google they'll tell you but trick is to do it ASAP if it's just happened

Use paper towels pressed hard to get the wee out then google search will tell you recipes to use, normally vinegar and water mix

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

Tell the dog that you'll chop it off if he does it again !! xxxx Suzi

By *LUKCouple  over a year ago

Loughborough

You need to get some good quality vodka, a slice of lemon and a few ice cubes.

Mix them all up in a glass and drink it. Repeat until you don't give two shits about the smell.

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

Bloody dog.

Use Google they'll tell you but trick is to do it ASAP if it's just happened

"

Rub it with Google?

Off the grid

She does it every night. I've let the carpet soak in special pet urine chemical remover. Just spent half the morning using our carpet washer with mega hot water.

Then sprayed it with more anti-pet smell stuff.

And sat on the carpet to sort out some Lego (don't ask) and OMG the smell.

Dog drives me nuts.

"She does it every night. I've let the carpet soak in special pet urine chemical remover. Just spent half the morning using our carpet washer with mega hot water.

Dog drives me nuts."

Unusual for a bitch. I've always found them so much easier to housetrain than dogs.

Are you walking her before bed? Or is it anxiety related?

she can smell five times more powerful than our nose so no matter how much you clean she will smell it and use it like a scent spot you would have to go back to training her to go out doesnt help for the smell but might be long term solution

"She does it every night. I've let the carpet soak in special pet urine chemical remover. Just spent half the morning using our carpet washer with mega hot water.

Dog drives me nuts."

I feel your pain. My dog has ruined my carpet. I've alway used 1001 carpet cleaner, which seems to get rid of the smell, but my dog is male (I think bitch wee is more potent).

It's the vomit that has killed my lovely cream carpet.

Oh! And Shake n Vac helps to mask the general dog smell.

Sheffield

Dog drives me nuts."

Hmmmm Do you sleep walk?

If you use distilled vinegar diluted in water it gets rid of the scent and will stop him from using the same spot again. My dog messed on one carpet area repeatedly after the first accident, he assumed that was his indoor toilet! Then maybe get it professionally cleaned.

"If you use distilled vinegar diluted in water it gets rid of the scent and will stop him from using the same spot again. My dog messed on one carpet area repeatedly after the first accident, he assumed that was his indoor toilet! Then maybe get it professionally cleaned."

If she persists in going it again, re-train her and in the meantime, put dog nappies on over-night (often used for bitches in heat to stop dripping) so that even if she squats and wees, the nappy soaks it up.

By *rank n BettyCouple  over a year ago

Stafford

We have big white training pads everywhere but she still insists on using the carpet!!! We're going to clean them this weekend & see how it is then. She's 16 weeks tomorrow & been home 7 weeks. I've tried praising & treating when using pads but not worked!!

Off the grid

I don't walk her at night but I'm going to have to start aren't I?

She's a sod, she won't go out in the garden at night for a wee. She used to but she's stopped.

The real problem I think is that we used to have a living room door and she couldn't get in. Now she can. I'm gonna have to figure out a way of blocking it off I think. Gah!

And start walking her at night.

Off the grid

"If you use distilled vinegar diluted in water it gets rid of the scent and will stop him from using the same spot again. My dog messed on one carpet area repeatedly after the first accident, he assumed that was his indoor toilet! Then maybe get it professionally cleaned.

If she persists in going it again, re-train her and in the meantime, put dog nappies on over-night (often used for bitches in heat to stop dripping) so that even if she squats and wees, the nappy soaks it up. "

I didn't know these existed?!

White vinegar gets rid of the smell. Feed her early and then stand in the garden until she does a wee. Helps also if its anxiety to put her in bed in a small room as there less likey to pee in a small area where they sleep. Also if its just started she might be cold get her a some fleecy pjs for bed time or you could even go back to crating at night until she gets out of the habbit. All the above worked with my dog. Xx

Soda crystals and a lemon dishwasher liquid leave on to soak and then carpet wash it then rub more soda crystals on with chill powder leave over night when the dog smells the spot the chilly powder will ward her off it.

Bicarb of soda

"I don't walk her at night but I'm going to have to start aren't I?

She's a sod, she won't go out in the garden at night for a wee. She used to but she's stopped.

The real problem I think is that we used to have a living room door and she couldn't get in. Now she can. I'm gonna have to figure out a way of blocking it off I think. Gah!

And start walking her at night. "

How old is she? Mine is 4 and I still can't trust him 100%.

If I'm not in, he gets locked in the hall. I don't even trust him when I go for a shower anymore, as he seems to just do it to spite me.

He used to have the full run of the flat and was good as gold, but has slowly lost all privileges.

If I'm not in, he gets locked in the hall. I don't even trust him when I go for a shower anymore, as he seems to just do it to spite me.

He used to have the full run of the flat and was good as gold, but has slowly lost all privileges."

He's no longer allowed his fags and a beer on Friday night!!

You know he's only pissing whilst you're in the shower to see if you step in it? It's his entertainment!

Off the grid

He used to have the full run of the flat and was good as gold, but has slowly lost all privileges."

Mines twice the age of yours! But no signs of old age at all, she still bounds around like a lunatic. I'm hoping she'll chill the fuck out eventually.

He used to have the full run of the flat and was good as gold, but has slowly lost all privileges.

Mines twice the age of yours! But no signs of old age at all, she still bounds around like a lunatic. I'm hoping she'll chill the fuck out eventually. "

OP did u see my post above? If she is abit older it may be that shes cold try the pjs and earlier feed xx

Off the grid

Mines twice the age of yours! But no signs of old age at all, she still bounds around like a lunatic. I'm hoping she'll chill the fuck out eventually.

OP did u see my post above? If she is abit older it may be that shes cold try the pjs and earlier feed xx"

Doubtful, she has a massive coat. I tend to worry about the opposite tbh.

OP did u see my post above? If she is abit older it may be that shes cold try the pjs and earlier feed xx

Doubtful, she has a massive coat. I tend to worry about the opposite tbh.

"

I would probably try crating then at night time to break the habbit or get a baby gate put up if you think she wont do it in the kitchen. X

Off the grid

Ooooo baby gate is a perfect idea! Thanks. I think she'd hate crating tbh. But loving the babygate idea.

"Ooooo baby gate is a perfect idea! Thanks. I think she'd hate crating tbh. But loving the babygate idea."

Not sure what dog you have but you can get pet gates on amazom there slightly taller stops bigger dogs jumpimg over like mine haha xx good luck

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I've not had this problem but Sodium bicarbonate - bicarb of Soda/baking powder, is a great odour absorber.

I'd throw it down, brush lightly in and leave for a while.

Obviously remove as much of he original urine as possible, via absorbent materials first.

"

He's no longer allowed his fags and a beer on Friday night!!

You know he's only pissing whilst you're in the shower to see if you step in it? It's his entertainment!"

Oh I know it. The smug look on his face when we make eye contact is unmistakable!

"

Mines twice the age of yours! But no signs of old age at all, she still bounds around like a lunatic. I'm hoping she'll chill the fuck out eventually. "

Have you spoken to the vet? She could have an infection or something.

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

Crate training would solve the problem but you need to do it slowly, you can't just shove them straight in overnight. You have to build up the time they spend in there gradually.

My sister crate trained her dog and it worked out great. His crate was his bed and he went in it at night and if they expected workmen in and out of the house. She decided to crate train a couple of months after bringing the puppy home because toilet training wasn't going well.

To get rid of the smell the only way to do it properly is with an enzyme cleaning product. You can buy special stuff or as has been previously suggested biological wash powder will do the same job.

"Crate training would solve the problem but you need to do it slowly, you can't just shove them straight in overnight. You have to build up the time they spend in there gradually.

My sister crate trained her dog and it worked out great. His crate was his bed and he went in it at night and if they expected workmen in and out of the house. She decided to crate train a couple of months after bringing the puppy home because toilet training wasn't going well.

To get rid of the smell the only way to do it properly is with an enzyme cleaning product. You can buy special stuff or as has been previously suggested biological wash powder will do the same job."

I didnt say shove it straight in over night just was an idea of a route she may want to go down obviously it would have to be made comfortable with the crate before hand

"Take a dump in the same spot?"

By *arehamMan  over a year ago

handforth

Shake and vac

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

Bicarbonate.

Or vinegar

Or a good mixture is cup of warm water, cup of white vinegar, 2-4 table spoons of bicarbonate ( add slowly, it fizzes )

Mix up and sray or pour on the stain; let it soak in and then blot it out.

Vinegar and bicarb are magical. They do just about anything

Sheffield

Grind up the dog into a fine powder, allow to dry thoroughly, mix with some malt vinegar and apply to the problem area.

Dry with a paper towel then sprinkle on bicarb and hoover up.

Guaranteed results

(Sorry little pooch , bad man is only joking)

Off the grid

"Grind up the dog into a fine powder, allow to dry thoroughly, mix with some malt vinegar and apply to the problem area.

Dry with a paper towel then sprinkle on bicarb and hoover up.

Guaranteed results

(Sorry little pooch , bad man is only joking)"

It's very tempting.

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Flintshire

And start walking her at night. "

Child gate

By *litheroevoyeurMan  over a year ago

Clitheroe

"How do you get the dog wee smell out of carpet? "

Get a cat to pee in same place. Dog wee smell, gone.

Off the grid

Get a cat to pee in same place. Dog wee smell, gone."

I don't think the hamster would appreciate that.

Sheffield

Blot with paper towels to dry. Spray with 1001 pet stain remover, rub in, blot again with paper towels, and leave to dry.

You can tell which one of us ran round when we last had a puppy peeing in the house

Bun

"If you use distilled vinegar diluted in water it gets rid of the scent and will stop him from using the same spot again. My dog messed on one carpet area repeatedly after the first accident, he assumed that was his indoor toilet! Then maybe get it professionally cleaned.

If she persists in going it again, re-train her and in the meantime, put dog nappies on over-night (often used for bitches in heat to stop dripping) so that even if she squats and wees, the nappy soaks it up.

I didn't know these existed?! "

Just Google Dog Nappies - http://www.dog-nappy.co.uk/

» Add a new message to this topic