FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Old Dogs

Old Dogs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Has anyone got an old dog. My springer spaniel is 11 and I think shes got arthritis. She is usually very bouncy but over this last week ive noticed her slowly getting up, especially first thing in the morning, and she seems stiff for a few steps. Shes very slow at going up steps too. She doesnt appear to be in any pain just slow and awkward (I know how she feels). Shes at the vets next Tues but I wondered if anyone else has an old dog and is there any supplements recommended that will helpther joints be more flexible.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ones_BoothCouple  over a year ago

Solihull

Glucosamine, Chondroitin , Vitamin E , Vitamin C.

And hydro if there is one local to you.

xxx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If she is suffering from arthritis the vet will probably prescribe "Metacam" which is a anti-inflamatry.

Suppliments available are "Glucosamine sulphate" and "Chondroitin sulphate" (as advised by above). All of which we give to our dog who has been diagnosed with "Osteo-arthritis.

Best of luck. xx

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

You can get glucosamine supplements from the health food shop they work.

My dog had arthritis. The vet put her on tablets that were costing me £80 a month.

But after 3 months there was no noticeable difference. So I stopped giving her them. Went into a pet store to ask their advice re diet and stuff, put her on a proper senior food, with added glucosamine, and also a tablet called Arthrit-um and she improved within 3 weeks.

» Add a new message to this topic