FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > 0800 Numbers from a Mobile ???

0800 Numbers from a Mobile ???

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just had my mobile bill recently and I see that I've been charged for a couple of 'free' 0800 numbers.

When I dial an 0800 number from my o2 mobile, it tells me that 0800 calls from o2 are not free and that I need to redial, deleting the leading zero, so 0800XXXXXX becomes 800XXXXXX, so the suggestion is that the call would then become free .. otherwise what is the point in redialling ?

Wrong !!

After a lengthy call to o2 today it was revealed that only calls to Childline, Crimestppers and 'certain other' 0800 numbers are free, the rest are classed as 'premium numbers' ...

So why the fuck do o2 tell you to redial, deleting the leading zero if it's still gonna cost you ? !!

The guy on the other end of the phone today (to be fair he was only doing his job) gave me the following explanation: 'Thats just the way it is .. some 0800 numbers are free, others aren't' !!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm awaiting a call back from o2 to explain the matter in further detail .....

Maybe I'll just say that I'm not paying for the calls and when asked why, I'll just say, "Well, ..... that's the way it is"

Shifty bastards ....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Orange used to give free 0800 numbers which is why I used them cos reporting a customers ISDN line being down WAS free. Not anymore

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Just had my mobile bill recently and I see that I've been charged for a couple of 'free' 0800 numbers.

When I dial an 0800 number from my o2 mobile, it tells me that 0800 calls from o2 are not free and that I need to redial, deleting the leading zero, so 0800XXXXXX becomes 800XXXXXX, so the suggestion is that the call would then become free .. otherwise what is the point in redialling ?

Wrong !!

After a lengthy call to o2 today it was revealed that only calls to Childline, Crimestppers and 'certain other' 0800 numbers are free, the rest are classed as 'premium numbers' ...

So why the fuck do o2 tell you to redial, deleting the leading zero if it's still gonna cost you ? !!

The guy on the other end of the phone today (to be fair he was only doing his job) gave me the following explanation: 'Thats just the way it is .. some 0800 numbers are free, others aren't' !!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I'll just say that I'm not paying for the calls and when asked why, I'll just say, "Well, ..... that's the way it is"

Shifty bastards .... "

Ive had this but i get a message after i dial saying you will be charged for this call at normal rates

By *eaboMan  over a year ago

marden

i'm on o2. 0800 numbers are classed as non-geographical by them and so are charged at premium rates, about 37pence a minutei think. If you have a call bundle it is only geographical landlines, 01 and 02 numbers, and other mobiles, but maybe not other networks depends on you bundle, that are included in the free calls. Everything else you pay for. But it is not that clear about 0800 numbers i agree. If you go to www.saynoto0840.com you may find alternate 01 and 02 numbers for all premium rate lines and 0800 numbers. Hope that makes sense.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Just had my mobile bill recently and I see that I've been charged for a couple of 'free' 0800 numbers.

Wrong !!

Shifty bastards .... "

Its a ripoff along with them 0845 numbers!!!

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

if you have free minutes to landlines then try www.0800buster.co.uk

Bucks

it's not just 02 that charge - just looked on the vodafone page and they charge too...

but to be fair its not the mobile operators fault...

it is the person who has the 0800 number who is accepting the call charges so if they dont want to pay the premium of mobile call charges then that is their choice to exclude calls from mobiles

I've always assumed you had to pay for 0800 numbers. I'm always told when I use my mobile so I abort the call!

yep ive always been told I wud be charged for 0800 numbers on my mobile so I use house phone cos they free on that one

"if you have free minutes to landlines then try www.0800buster.co.uk"

Just looked at that site and it looks good have you used it and does it work?

Give http://www.saynoto0870.com/ a try it helps with 0500, 0800, 0808, 0844, 0845, 0870 and 0871 numbers.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The part that I don't get is the fact that they tell you that 0800 numbers aren't free, but they then go on to tell you to redial, but leave out the '0' in the number

Then they still fucking charge you, so what's the point in redialling and missing out the '0' ?

Bucks

"The part that I don't get is the fact that they tell you that 0800 numbers aren't free, but they then go on to tell you to redial, but leave out the '0' in the number

Then they still fucking charge you, so what's the point in redialling and missing out the '0' ?"

dont know why, but all mobile companies have been doing this for years

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

Never use my mobile for those kind of calls.....

» Add a new message to this topic