FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > anyone done a speed awareness course?

anyone done a speed awareness course?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eabo OP   Man  over a year ago

marden

have been offered one instead of the three points and fine. Am tempted in order to preserve my pristine clean licence but don't want to be lectured about being a naughty boy for hours. So anyone had any experience, also anyone know how much i will be expected to cough up in kent? Gotta be expensive here .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Take the points... points mean prizes says Brucie

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes done one, it's no big deal and you have no points, no brainer really

My dad did one the other year, he was 76 and had been caught speeding. He said the course was full of women he had to sit in a car and be driven round. He actually said it was very constructive and since then his driving and speed has been spot on.

do the course. i didnt have an option when i was caught speeding as i was going too fast. dont forget your insurance will go up with the points added

I did the course in Bodmin last year, cost me £70. Course was run by 2 traffic cops.

It was purely classroom based, sat through a couple of videos, completed a few multiple choice questionaires, and left course feedback.

Took about 4hrs, but to me, it's a no brainer, if it's a choice between points and cash. You still got to pay a fine anyway, even with the points, so it's got to be cheaper anyway.

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

if you've been offered the course take it (despite what insurance companies say points will effect your premium as you will be seen as a higher risk)

just swallow yr pride and sit through the few hours ... all you need to is attend - the course i went had no pass or fail, just attend

Did the course last year and can honestly say it was brilliant! We all learnt an awful lot from it and every single one of us thanked and shook the hands of the two guys that ran the course as we left.

None of us were made to feel stupid, ashamed or lectured at

Do the course.... oh, I got a free keyring and a current copy of the highway code to take home with me (ignoring the £70 fine lol).

I did one last September and it was nothing like you are thinking.

It was a very informal (and informative) get together and the guy who took the course was great. he didn't preach or lecture but with the aid of slides, statistics and a multiple choice type questionaire he got the point across very well indeed.

In fact I was very impressedwith the course, you'd be suprised at what you actually learn.

Do it !

I was like, had no points and wanted it to stay that way so I paid the fee which was about 90p more than the fine would have been, I learned a lot and still have no points

You can only take one speed awareness course once in any three year period so if you speed again before the time interval has expired you have to take the points and fine.

i wish i had done it as you only get offered it the once, now have 6points oops

did one 3 yrs ago .tbh its dead boring but better than points.take a pillow you may fall asleep.i got caught doing 35 in a 30 on a straight road with a dip in it .you need to apply the brake to keep below the 30 limit and the camera is situated at the bottom of the dip

Also the pics of anyone taken who is speeding are so clear now theres no cheating the system by allowing someone else to take your points. My twin jokingly asked me to take some points on out of duty (the git). Pity he's 6ft odd with a goatee.... we both have brown eyes though

By *-and-KCouple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

Don't forget that if you are not suitably chaste with them at the end, you can still be failed and receive the points!

Also its not only how much it costs you to attend, you also have to lose a days pay taking time off to attend as well.

Its still a better option than taking points though.

I have done the course twice,it doesnt work

marden

thanx for the replies guys. Looks like it will be the course then. Doesn't seem all that bad and possibly a bit of fun. Thanx again.

I done a speed awareness course. Ended up getting banned. Copper took me out for an 'awareness' drive. Got up to 90, turned to him and said, 'I'm aware that this is 90 but be fair. In this beast it doesn't feel like it'.

P.S. It's a joke.

If you don't want to 'be lectured to about being a naughty boy' don't take the course.

Pay the fine and take the points on your licence.

A big man would do that.

Easy.

P.S. Sorry .... Yes I have done a speed awareness course.

The speed course is easy - Anyone Done The Cocaine awareness course lol x

marden

but granny, surely in life we take the opportunities that are presented? If i do the course i will have to pay for it, about £130 i was told by a mate who did one a few months back, so does a big man do the cheaper option or the more expensive? I have no problems with the punishment, i broke the law i get punished. Its just a question of choosing my castigation.

By *-and-KCouple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

Here's a quote from a copper who did me for SP50 (motorway speeding) way back in 2005.

"Insurance companies do not load the premium for 3 speeding points now. Due to the amount of cameras they accept that at some point people are going to be unlucky"

Make of that what you will. Personally I'd say the companies would jump at any chance to relieve you of more cash.

"but granny, surely in life we take the opportunities that are presented? If i do the course i will have to pay for it, about £130 i was told by a mate who did one a few months back, so does a big man do the cheaper option or the more expensive? I have no problems with the punishment, i broke the law i get punished. Its just a question of choosing my castigation.

"

I did one in 2009 I think .... or 2010. The fine was 60 and 3 points. The course was sommat like 90 and no points. No contest I did the full day cos those points would have lost me my licence. Got caught this year on the motorway speeding , got pulled over n thought well this is your lot now. Luckily he never radioed through. He was really sweet and told me off a bit .... God was i nice till I pulled away. Phew ....

Do the course stop moaning.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"have been offered one instead of the three points and fine. Am tempted in order to preserve my pristine clean licence but don't want to be lectured about being a naughty boy for hours. So anyone had any experience, also anyone know how much i will be expected to cough up in kent? Gotta be expensive here ."

Did mine and while I went in with a bit of "attitude" I actually found it quite useful and it was worth not having the points - just my experience

By *agman n angelCouple  over a year ago

benidorm

wow so many people on here have been caught speeding, dont think ive ever stuck to a speed limit before or after passing my test, yet never been caught in the uk.

Wouldnt dare do it here all cops carry guns and apparently arent afraid to use them.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

"wow so many people on here have been caught speeding, dont think ive ever stuck to a speed limit before or after passing my test, yet never been caught in the uk.

Wouldnt dare do it here all cops carry guns and apparently arent afraid to use them."

Bully for you! Z

"wow so many people on here have been caught speeding, dont think ive ever stuck to a speed limit before or after passing my test, yet never been caught in the uk.

Wouldnt dare do it here all cops carry guns and apparently arent afraid to use them.

Bully for you! Z"

What - do they " shoot " u for speeding now !!!

suppose - u just get " tazer " for cannabis offences !!!

» Add a new message to this topic